Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,734 Members 42,682 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Its a wee bit buggy innit!? Shall we start a list?

Tip us?

mwatson
Old
(Last edited by mwatson; 1st August 2009 at 03:16 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108
Default Its a wee bit buggy innit!? Shall we start a list?

Hello fellow guinea pigs !

I've been waiting ages for thgis phone and i'm preparred to work through the issues rather than send it back. I've noticed it has a few more bugs than my garden shed. Maybe we can list them and togerther suss out if we can overcome them.

1. Won't update/seach or tweet via the twitter app, autocollect email or load facebook pages via 3G. Works fine via wifi though. Updates weather and internet browing is fine on both though.

UPDATE
works fine with a T-Mobile sim. Must be a Vodafone issue.

2. Can only update lockscreen background from YOURE pictures, not the HTC background folder. Despite the default being from the HTC File.

there was another, forgot, i'll come back. i've got a few bugs too!

maikie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What version of android are you running?

Mine has none of thos bugs all the problem you said are working fine for me.

I don't know if this is correct but my software version is: 1.0.0.A6288 (if that makes sense)

Ovek
Old
Thanks Meter 0
1. No IMAP folder prefix option in mail - well none that I can find!

2. All the custom bookmarks I save are saved with a zoomed in screenshot so they all look stupid on the thumbnail view.

veejayjameson
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How's everyone's "people" facebook integration?

It has the potential to be so amazing and yet at the moment it seems to be a bit on and off. Just had a scare after sync 100+ contacts doing the "link facebook profile" as all the pictures disappeared.

When you click update I not really sure what it does but it takes forever!

Hopefully fixed by software updates :S?

xdaman85
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatson View Post
Hello fellow Gunniepigs!

I've been waiting ages for thgis phone and i'm preparred to work through the issues rather than send it back. I've noticed it has a few more bugs than my garden shed. Maybe we can list them and togerther suss out if we can overcome them.

1. Won't update/seach or tweet via the twitter app, autocollect email or load facebook pages via 3G. Works fine via wifi though. Updates weather and internet browing is fine on both though.

2. Can only update lockscreen background from YOURE pictures, not the HTC background folder. Despite the default being from the HTC File.

there was another, forgot, i'll come back. i've got a few bugs too!
I know it has a few problems right now, but give the phone a chance, HTC are working on a lot of the initial bugs and I'm sure they'll provide a software update to resolve these issues.

hairy bum
Old
Thanks Meter 0
biggest prob ive found is when on a call the screen goes black
now wot button do you press to wake the phone up ? oh the ------- yep you got it no more phone call so how do you wake up the screen while on a call ?

[jon]
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah the disappearing Facebook pictures is really annoying, they disappear in batches though... Each picture persists for about 24 hours before disappearing... Very weird behaviour. You can then re-add them by editing the contact and reapplying their picture "from facebook".

I will be REALLY peeved if they don't fix this in an update... (and soon!!) -- can we just try and determine exactly how many people are experiencing this issue (i.e. is it everyone?) -- and is it just me or does the People list scroll really poorly...? Very jerky, not at all smooth like some of the other lists.

And to add to your bugs -- I have found the "manage applications" to take AGES to load (much of the time) i.e. longest is in excess of 30 seconds, quickest is 3-4 seconds, not quite sure why, as my brother has a Magic and it loads in ~2 secs every time...

ritdaw
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairy bum View Post
biggest prob ive found is when on a call the screen goes black
now wot button do you press to wake the phone up ? oh the ------- yep you got it no more phone call so how do you wake up the screen while on a call ?
The home button works for me....

markya23
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatson View Post

Sound's like my wife's problem... If you're on TMob, get them to test your Internet Plus provisioning. I had no such problem on mine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by veejayjameson View Post
How's everyone's "people" facebook integration?

It has the potential to be so amazing and yet at the moment it seems to be a bit on and off. Just had a scare after sync 100+ contacts doing the "link facebook profile" as all the pictures disappeared.

When you click update I not really sure what it does but it takes forever!

Hopefully fixed by software updates :S?
Seen one or two glitches, but nothing I can pin down yet!

ritdaw
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I LOVE this phone.

One annoyance: When looking through facebook photos via "Albums" you can do anything other than share a link via email, having a save as or set as button would be awesome!