Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 53,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2-in-1 [USB Mini/3.5 MM] adapter

Tip us?

lukekirstein
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default 2-in-1 [USB Mini/3.5 MM] adapter

So I just purchased this handy little adapter which takes the USB port on the bottom of the G1 and turns it into a USB Mini jack and a 3.5 MM headphone jack. Why go to all this trouble? So I can charge AND play music at the same time

I bought this little piece of wonder off of Amazon for $6 including shipping, and it arrived in 3 business days. I'm really glad I bought it! Here's the review I posted on Amazon:

Quote:
This is truly a neat little device. I often want to play music in my room over my T-Mobile G1, and it's a battle of charge versus play. I have to make sure that if I do play music, I'll have time afterwords to charge back up. Not the case anymore! I'm able to play music and charge my phone at the same time.

The adapter is very compact for what it does; it looks much bigger in the pictures than it actually is. It's about the size of a quarter, and a little longer width-wise. Sound quality is great; compared to the stock adapter that comes with the G1, I found that bass frequencies are carried much more better and with a little more "oompf". I found a lot more power for my system, and it works great.

The build quality is what you would expect; plastic build with very solid adapter ports. I don't expect it to break at all. The phone charges at the same rate of speed as normal, even with playing music. The port that plugs into the phone is the proprietary port that the G1 has, and the "out" USB port is your typical mini-USB port.

Overall, it's a great product, and a must have for all G1 users!
I definitely would recommend this to just about everyone, and wanted to know what everyone else's experience is with this product!
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

g1junky
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
i just ordered this...i was tired of having to take out my headphones when i wanna charge my phone

Do0zman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the 3 in one charger but what i really need is something just like this but i need to have each port n an opposite side. Why you ask?

I have a Moto p790 charger and i would like to be able to have that plugged in while i have my headphones in. now that would be useful.

kind of like this one but smaller.
http://www.amazon.com/OEM-Converter-...pd_sim_misc_11

wahookasan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do0zman View Post
I have the 3 in one charger but what i really need is something just like this but i need to have each port n an opposite side. Why you ask?

I have a Moto p790 charger and i would like to be able to have that plugged in while i have my headphones in. now that would be useful.

funny, mine came with that one.

drewX2
Old
(Last edited by drewX2; 4th August 2009 at 09:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1210

DONATE TO ME
I bought one that lets me charge/audio out/headphones in/usb/whatever made by HTC off ebay.

Removed ebay link since amazon has good price right now

mrfrenchfry
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I bought one but I have a sort of huge problem. When using it audio only goes to my right earphone. Can anyone else confirm this? I'm using jacxhero so that might be way.

lukekirstein
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfrenchfry View Post
I bought one but I have a sort of huge problem. When using it audio only goes to my right earphone. Can anyone else confirm this? I'm using jacxhero so that might be way.
Did you try switching earbuds? Haha sounds simple...but I have this really bad luck with audio devices, that eventually everyone I have I break the soldering points that connect the jack to the circuit board, and I always loose an ear of sound. It's just odd...but that could be it as well.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

mrfrenchfry
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukekirstein View Post
Did you try switching earbuds? Haha sounds simple...but I have this really bad luck with audio devices, that eventually everyone I have I break the soldering points that connect the jack to the circuit board, and I always loose an ear of sound. It's just odd...but that could be it as well.
Ahhh, just tried different buds and different builds :P. Guess I'll email them to see whatsup.

MvP77
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do0zman View Post

Thanx, just ordered that.

midnite23
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MvP77 View Post
Thanx, just ordered that.
Let me know if it works. I keep reading in the reviews it doesn't work with cupcake.