[APP] xdaShutdown v1.01 [20 AUG 09] - A Skinnable Shutdown App - All Resolutions

Search This thread

Mgog718

Nov 2, 2009
NYC
Thanks. No they only support QVGA.
I only have a Qvga device. I posted some themes for other resolutions.
There was no feedback as to whether they worked well or not.

Being that it's a holiday I actually had an hour to spend on skinning.
I made a skin for QVGA and WQVGA.

Here's a fun skin. It uses doodle art as icons. I like the sleep button the best. When you press it looks like your phone is winking at you.

This is the Background.
Background.png

Here are screenshots from my QVGA.
sshot040.jpg
sshot039.jpg

This is how it should look on WQVGA devices.
BackgroundL.png
Background-1.png

View attachment 225433

Oh wow! This is awesome! Great skin! Nice work! I woulda never even thought of anything this creative!

jebep

Sep 23, 2008
SHUTDOWN (turn off) not working on LG Fathom

Hello!
THANKS for a very useful and customize-able app and for all the hard work that went into it AND to all you "skinners" who have added to it!

Just wanted to add to the list of devices that don't shutdown when asked to!

LG Fathom (VS750) running latest WinMo 6.5.3.x

There IS a "ShutDown.exe" file in the /Windows directory and it does turn off the power, completely shutting down the phone, like a long-press of the power button, but xdaShutdown does not seem to find it.

Of course "reset" and screen blanking work fine; "create long press power" shortcut does nothing that I can see.

Can you help?

Would just like to get the "shutdown" option working...

THANKS!

thejackalsmark

Jul 12, 2010
Jackal rgb qvga

Yeah, Sadly, Dave abandoned this project some time ago. Here's a simple one with my trademark picture. (HitMan for the record) you just need the xdaShutdown app installed. take the files in zip and swap em with the program folder ones. ScreenShot attatched. I miss seeing everyone's breathtaking screens.....sigh. ne way enjoy. The Jackal

thejackalsmark

Jul 12, 2010
Here's Two more.

Here are two more variations. 1 black buttons, the other one, hidden buttons. same directions as B4. The hidden buttons become visible as you slide your finger across the screen, up n down. just lift finger off screen to activate desired option. both are qvga. Also, you can replace MY background.png with your OWN. Just make sure it's 240x320 png. EASY. have posted screenshot of black buttons. hidden has Different style long buttons.
Nothing Spectacular. Just simple elegance and functional.

Last edited:

coolpixs4

Mar 7, 2011
Hello!
THANKS for a very useful and customize-able app and for all the hard work that went into it AND to all you "skinners" who have added to it!

Just wanted to add to the list of devices that don't shutdown when asked to!

LG Fathom (VS750) running latest WinMo 6.5.3.x

There IS a "ShutDown.exe" file in the /Windows directory and it does turn off the power, completely shutting down the phone, like a long-press of the power button, but xdaShutdown does not seem to find it.

Of course "reset" and screen blanking work fine; "create long press power" shortcut does nothing that I can see.

Can you help?

Would just like to get the "shutdown" option working...

THANKS!
---------------------
Thanks Dave for excellent soft !!!

@jebep and others
you can manually do it by yourself
Open xdaShutdown.exe in HexEditor => look for Unicode string ' PowerOffWarning.exe' => edit it by replacing ShutDown.exe the remain by just use "Space" key or change to 00 00 00
k7789.jpg

=> edit it by replacing ShutDown.exe the remain by just use "Space" key or change to 00 00 00
xy85k.jpg

=> SAVE it and then copy back to your phone

Now when you press shutdown button on xdashutdown program it will call Shutdown.exe then turn the Power Off your mobile

this trick can use for any device, which use private program

Such as:
Omina2 i8000, SCH-M715, Omina i920,...ect ONLY instead of PowerOffWarning.exe, it is PowerOffMsgBox.exe or what ever apps of PowerOff
Find your own shutdown program in \Windows folder

This is mine xdashutdown WVGA version (both portrait and landscape mode) (SCH-M715 model): DOWNLOAD
some screenshot here:
xdaShutdown
scaled.php
LockScreen
scaled.php

MediaPlayer
scaled.php
BootScreen
scaled.php

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2012
ES400 xdaShutdown 1.01 Problem

Hi all,

I was trying the xdaShutdown application in a Motorola ES400 and all work fine but the power off button "Shutdown".

I get the following error: "Cannot find a shutdown method. Please post your device details on the forum".

I appreciate any help regarding this.

Regads,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Info:
    A fully skinnable (see post #2) shutdown application that asofiker asked me to come up with a long time ago and I've finally got it finished. It's written in Native Win32 C++, so the load speed is PDQ.

My skinning skills are rubbish so any one interested in making this look nice, please post and I'll add your graphics.

Screens (WVGA theme on my TP2):
    xdaShutdown.png

Features:
    • Shutdown actually works.*
    • Fully skinnable, will work in any resolution.
    • Full screen mode.
    • Sleep / Light's out modes.
    • Command Line (see "Usage").
    • Map to Long press.
    *Should work on HTC devices since the Kaiser, I'm open to try and add support to non HTC devices. PM me if you can help.

Usage (Command line):
    You can call xdaShutdown command line as follows:
    Code:
    xdaShutdown /restart [/warn] - Soft resets the device.
    xdaShutdown /shutdown [/warn] - Power off the device.
    xdaShutdown /sleep - Put the device in Sleep mode.
    xdaShutdown /lightsout - Turn off the screen.

/warn - issues a warning before performing the action.

Change log:
    Download full change log

-[BUG] Fixed command line bugs (would only shutdown)
    -[TWK] Replaced Kernel IO Control with ExitWindowsEx(). This should ensure settings are saved upon restart / shutdown.
    -[TWK] The Sleep / Light's out option simply overrides the action of the Sleep button to light's out - even if you have a seperate lights out button.
    -[NEW] Ability to create a Long_press.lnk shortcut in \Windows\. Existing shortcut is backed up and restored if needed when removing the shortcut.
    -[NEW] Various XML Changes, If you're new to skinning, just see post #2 and read up. If you're an existing skinner and want to see what's changed, read the full change log.

-Initial Release

TODO:

Known Issues:
    1. Actions in the XML are case sensitive.
    2. Remove 1px border around the BG.
    3. Shutdown Support on the following devices: Atom Life, Omnia (II?), Moto A3100 (WM 20780), Toshiba G900, Asus P320, Flame, KS20, Magician, Palm Treo Pro 850, Asus P527, Acer M900. (Anyone who knows how to fully power off these devices, let me know).

Thanks
    -Chourdakis Michael for his XML Lib.
    -asofiker for the QVGA graphics.
    -Olipro, cmonex, l3v5y and no2chem for general coding help.
    -fards for the long press work around (until I get it in the app).
    -All the Skinners :D

Downloads (WWE):
    I have uploaded 3 versions (all with crappy graphics) for QVGA, VGA and WGVA.
    There's also a Exe only, for those that don't want to lose their skin ;).

Other Languages:
    -ESN v1.01
    -GER v1.01
    Here's 30 of my WVga skins.
    The download includes the skin folders and a scripts folder.

To use the scripts you will need Mortscipt and xdaShutdown installed.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1) Download and unzip this file. http://depositfiles.com/files/it4cggn7g
    2) Place the "xdaShutdownSkins" folder in the root directory of you devices storage card.
    3) On your device, use file explorer to navigate to the "30Scripts" folder. it's located in the "xdaShutdownSkins" folder.
    Path = \storage card\XdashutdownSkins\30Scripts.

4) Select one of the .mscr files. Wait two/three seconds for xdaSutdown to start.

To view or switch to another skin exit xdaShutdown and select a different .mscr file.

The last skin you choose will be the one that comes up when you start xdaShutdown, until you change it.
    You can use your own backgrounds on most of these skins. Just relplace the background image inside the skin folders.

That's a good idea (the one with the MortScript to change the skins). Thanks. :)

To make the script run regardless of where you place the "xdaShutdownSkins" folder you can use in the script:

XCopy (SystemPath("ScriptPath")&"\..\SkinFolderName\*.*","\Program Files\xdaShutdown", TRUE )

instead of hard-coding the folder path.

This also allows people to change the name of the "xdaShutdownSkins" folder and the "30Scripts" folder as well (but not the name of the folder where the skin is placed).

Cheers

EDIT:
    OK, I spent a couple more minutes and I have created a small script (based on Phonatic's scripts) that will allow to browse to the folder where the skin files are located, select the skin folder and it will apply it to xdaShutDown and start the program with the new skin. This way you can put all your favorite skins in a folder (each skin in it's own folder, of course :)) on the storage card (for example) and use this script to pick the one you want to use today :) and you don't need a separate script for each skin. It's very basic, but it does the job :)

You'll need MortScript installed to run it.

Have fun