[APP][Jun 17 2010][WWE] GPS Enabled Weather Radar. Version 2.5
Version 2.5 now available!
There are two cabs one for WM Pro, another for WM Standard.
Make sure you install the correct one for your device.
*Note: This application utilizes data connection. Unlimited data plan is recommended.
*Note: This application relies on third party webservices that are subject to change without notice.
*Note: Radar and Satellite data is not available in all regions.
- Gets weather radar for current GPS location or using cell towersSystem Requirements:
(to get location using cell towers uncheck "Use GPS" in Settings)
- Ability to manually enter location (see post #327)
- Click anywhere on the map to move to that location
- Different zoom levels
- Animated radar loop
- Multiple resolutions (VGA,QVGA,WVGA,WQVGA) Portrait/Landscape/Square
- Integrates with Showaco TitaniumWeather 4.2 PlugIn
- WinMo 6 or higherVersion History:
- .Net CF 3.5
- Option to show/hide GPS details on radar/satellite location update.
- Shows frame postion when in a loop (as -+----, --+---, etc.).
- Other minor improvements and code clean up.
- Autoupdate radar based on set interval (5 - 60 min, Settings -> Misc -> Auto update interval) (see post #327).
. . Tap Update -> Auto Update, then
. . Update -> Radar - will refresh radar image for current location every n minutes.
. . . - or -
. . Update -> Location + Radar - will acquire new position and get radar image for it every n minutes.
- Ability to store/open custom urls. (opens in your default browser) (see post #344)
. . You can pass application parameters into the urls using custom tags (see Tips & Tricks below)
- Tap and move the map feature.
- Thanks to siddsm we now have Australia radar available in the app!
- Satellite loop is now available for Europe, Africa (15 minute increments) and Asia (30 minute increments).
- Faster update speed.
- Option to show radar/satellite legend.
- Other minor improvements.
- Speed and stability improvements.
- Other minor fixes.
- Added option to cancel radar update.
- Other minor fixes.
- Some minor fixes.
- Added a version for WM Standard (non touchscreen).
- Other minor enhancements.
- Fixed a bug where culture specific decimal formatting prevented GPS fix in Raw interface mode.
- Fixed a bug where in some cases radar image was 1 hour older than what the app showed.
- Webservice enhancements.
- Fixed a bug where culture specific decimal formatting did not allow correct Radar/Satellite image to be downloaded.
- Fixed reg file to import the GPS Radar to the Titanium Weather (thanks MysticGenius)
- Minor fixes
2.0See it in action:
- New source of Map/Radar/Satellite data
- Support for more locations - USA, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia, Brazil, Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean
(126W,50N - 66W,24N; 57.4922W,57.4922N - 57.4922E,57.4922S; 57.4923E,59.7901N - 116.7913E,59.7901S)
Go to http://www.gps-weather-radar.com
to download latest version.
Just download the cab and run it on the device. Go under programs and click the GPSWeatherRadar icon to run the app.
Tips & Tricks:
- Sometimes radar/satellite image may not be displayed due to ... lack of rain in your area
Try zooming out to a wider area, it most likely rains somewhere else
- To integrate with Showaco TitaniumWeather 4.2 PlugIn import "GPS WR Tit Wthr Add On.reg" file located in Program Files\GPSWeatherRadar after installation.
Or use this cab http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1249440283
provided by climber1872000
- To back up settings make a copy of files lctn.xml and gwr.config located in Program Files\GPSWeatherRadar.
Custom URL tags:
#culture# - Current UI Culture (ex. "en-EN","ru-RU", etc.)
#region# - Region (ex. "NAM", "EUR"
#state# - State or province
#city# - City
#zip# - Postal code
#country# - Country
#animate# - Animate flag (1 or 0)
#lat# - Current Latitude as ##.############0
#lon# - Current Longitude as ###.############0
#geowidth# - Geowidth or Zoom level
#height# - Image height
#width# - Image width
#framecount# - Number of frames in a loop
#interval# - Loop interval