5,600,664 Members 37,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Notification LED problems

Tip us?

Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Notification LED problems

Can anyone teach me how to enable the blinking of notification led in green colour in usual status?
Like those blinking in ELFIN etc.

THX

PhilipL
Old
Thanks Meter 393
Hi

Do you mean have it flash all the time to show the phone is on and connected to the network?

If yes I don't think you can.

Regards

Phil

Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipL View Post
Hi

Do you mean have it flash all the time to show the phone is on and connected to the network?

If yes I don't think you can.

Regards

Phil
Thx for answering me!
But why can't I??

I 've seen a video that Topaz is blinking all the time when Topaz is running in Windows 6.5 Platform

the.mont
Old
Thanks Meter 0
there might have been a new message or missed call etc.

Tom Lenferink
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05437 View Post
Thx for answering me!
But why can't I??

I 've seen a video that Topaz is blinking all the time when Topaz is running in Windows 6.5 Platform
Maybe you allready gave the answer: It might be in the WM6.5 rom.
As far as i know it's not possible with WM6.1, there is allready a thread about this is this forum, just use search.
HTC Touch Diamond 2 aka Topaz
ROM original Dutch WM 6.5 ROM 2.53.404.3 (What else?)
Kingston MicroSDHC 8GB
TomTom Navigator 7.918 (9193) - Western Europe 1GB v845 build 2647 and 2666
Windows 7 Professional x64 Build 7600

jmkhenka
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Generaly, most people have the blinking green LED to indikate missed calls, new SMS or new E-mail. I use it for those things, so having it do showing network availability aswell is just pointless.

omar302
Old
Thanks Meter 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkhenka View Post
Generaly, most people have the blinking green LED to indikate missed calls, new SMS or new E-mail. I use it for those things, so having it do showing network availability aswell is just pointless.
In older HTC phones, (pre Diamond1), the LED flashed green to indicate GSM connectivity (signal) and would flash orange in case of notifications. Also the same LED would flash red in case of low battery.

I also would have liked it to be flashing green for connectivity & orange for notifications/low battery. As it would be easier to know weather you are connected or not, since the sreen is mostly off.

Or perhapps i can suggest, if some developer would like to to do it, to make the phone flash orange (same as low battery) in case there is no signal.
Current:
HTC One (m8)

Past:
Tornado, Trinity (sold) - Kaiser (sold) - Diamond (sold) - Topaz (sold) - Leo (broke!) - Pyramid (sold) - EndeavorU - (sold) - M7 (sold).

Pete_S
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkhenka View Post
Pointless to you but not to others.

I'd find it very useful to know if the phone's actually "on-line" without firing it up. The radio sometimes goes AWOL even in a good signal area, it would be nice to know when this happens. In a weak signal area it helps you put the phone down in a location where it actually works.

It's been on every phone I've owned and suddenly it's no longer fashionable with HTC...