5,814,633 Members 53,433 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Import .ics file into Android Calendar.

Tip us?

jgristwood
Old
(Last edited by jgristwood; 6th August 2009 at 06:39 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Default Import .ics file into Android Calendar.

My customers schedule appointments on my website. The scheduling service sends an email with a .ics file attached. If I view this email in Gmail on my desktop I get the option to "Add To Calendar", but when I view it either through the Gmail app or the Email app on my Dream I can't open the attachment or add the event to my calendar. My old Windows Mobile phone let me import it to the phone an then synced with Google Cal over the air, I bought the Android phone because I use a lot of Google apps for my business, but I need to be able to import these .ics appointments or this phone is not worth the upgrade. Can anyone help?

NeoBlade
Old
Thanks Meter 80
I have a few calendars imported into my Google Calendar on my desktop. First up log into your desktop with your google account and view your calendar. Import all the .ics you want and make sure its all working, they should appear as events.

Once that's done, force a re-sync on your G1 mobile and it should appear on your mobile from there on in. Hope that helps.

jgristwood
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Default RE:

Ya. That's opposite of what I want. I don't want to have to open the mail on my desktop/laptop first. I know if I log onto Gmail via my desktop I can add them to Google Cal easily, but I want to be able to open them on my Dream so I don't HAVE to go to my desktop.

zaibjahan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Did you find your answer

I am also struggling with the same thing... emails on my android phone do not display "add to calendar" option...very frustrating

rrffpayne
Old
Thanks Meter 0
There is somethng called ICS Bot on the Android market supposed to fix this, but I have't got it working yet.

drgopoos
Old
Thanks Meter 477
Works for me
USing dell streak
Steves version 2.2

YMark
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Ics bot doesn't work for me using a Vibrant with Froyo. Receiving an error when importing the ics file. "No events found in calendar data".

sethanon
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Iscer

I've had this issue for awhile, so I decided to write up an app to address it.

It's called "Iscer" and is Free in the market.

Hope it helps,

Luc
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sethanon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

YMark
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethanon View Post
I've had this issue for awhile, so I decided to write up an app to address it.

It's called "Iscer" and is Free in the market.

Hope it helps,

Luc
Just downloaded this. Works like a charm. Thanks a bunch.
The Following User Says Thank You to YMark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

schwin97
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Worked for one or two meeting requests, but most of them says no event data... Getting my events from Outlook appointments that I forward as an ICS file. Also, any chance of adding vcs support as well?

Thanks!