- If you've modified the scripting side of any widget on a version lower than 1.0b10, either disable the Fast Orientation Change option, or modify the new scripts, because now widget initialization must be performed on the onWidgetLoad event for the cache to work properly.
- From 1.0b10 sweeping horizontally is cached instead of vertically. Meaning if you had setup a window you'll now have to sweep horizontally to get it, instead of vertically.
- If your device doesn't have too much RAM or the app behaves strange try disabling the "Fast Orientation Change option and soft resetting the device.
This version of the application is 100% native code (C++) using the Qt Framework for Windows CE and does not require Flash at all (none of them).. It also should run faster than it's flash counterpart (the Lite or vanilla old versions).
CAB For VGA/WVGA Devices: FEWidgetsUltimateVGA-v1.0b12.CAB
CAB For QVGA/WQVGA Devices (or VGA/WVGA with small widgets and icons): FEWidgetsUltimate-v1.0b12.CAB
User Manual: FEWidgets Ultimate - User Manual.doc (Updated on v1.0b10)
Developer Manual (Updated on v1.0b12): FEWidgets Ultimate - Developer Manual.doc
You can try the new skin by mchapman007 here!: MobileMatt FEWidgets Ultimate Theme v1.0.0.
Source Code (1.0b12): FEWU-Phantom - Sources.rar
(Most of the Sources are released under the Creative Commons license http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/. License is as specified by the EULA.rtf)
Do you find my application useful? I've spent lot's of time programming it, please buy me a beer! Donate!
- Haptic feedback. When clicking on widget buttons you'll feel a small vibration.
- Multiple Layouts/Pages support (up to 4).
- Multiple Windows for each page with 0 loading time.
- Fullscreen Mode.
- Support for Landscape/Portrait modes.
- VGA/QVGA/WQVGA/WVGA support.
- Skinnable though XML files (or just modifying the images).
- Extensible though C++ plugins.
- Support for Acceleration/Light sensor on the engine. (not used right now by any Widget)
- [New!] Task Manager Widget (shows up to 8 tasks).
- Operator Name
- RSS Feed Reader
- Comming Appointments
- Contact widget
- Date widget
- Battery/Phone signal Strength indicator.
- S2P Player control.
- Analog Clock
- Diamond like Clock
- Background Image Changer
- Bluetooth State (Can turn on/off)
- Wi-Fi State (Can turn on/off)
- Quick Dial.
- Layout swapper.
- Locker (locks widget dragging)
- Calendar (when tapped will link to \Windows\Calendar.lnk)
- Shortcuts Widget. This widget allows creating shortcuts to exe/lnk files. You can drop the widget as many times as you want.
- Missed Calls. Shows the number of missed calls. When double tapped will take you to the missed calls log.
- Unread SMS. Shows the number of unread SMSs.
- Unread Mail. Shows the number of unread Mail on all accounts.
- Sound Profile changer. Lets you switch between On/Vibrate/Off modes.
- Weather. Shows you the weather for today. Current temperature and forecasted Min/Max for today.
- SMS information. Once you drop this widget once, if you remove it, it'll spawn automatically the next time you have an SMS message on the same possition you had placed it.
- Programs. Shows the contents of the Programs folder of the Start Menu on a kinetic scrolling list.
Some screenshots taken on the WM 6.1 QVGA Device Emulator:
Changes on 1.0b12
- [Fixed] On some devices docking the Widgets Bar at the bottom will make the bar overlap the menu. (because today window size is not calculated correctly)
- [Fixed] If the WidgetsBar docking is set to bottom and then to left again it won't update the Show/Hide button properly.
- [Fixed] Some applications are not launched correctly.
- [Fixed] On the VGA version some programs are displayed without icons.
- [Fixed] Error messages would display the error on the title.
- [Fixed] When switching fullscreen on and then off application window size won't be calculated properly.
- [Changed] Kinetic speed on VGA/WVGA devices is now increased.
- [Changed] Drag distance to differenciate a tap from a drag operatino is now doubled on VGA/WVGA devices.
- [Changed] On the Task Manager Widget, now the first icon is always arranged at the bottom instead of on the left.
- [New] Added a new parameter for widgets (can be set on widgets.xml) which allows specifying a distance to be left between the snap point on the widget with the parameter set and the snapped snap point on the perpendicular axis to the one the snapping took place.
Changes on 1.0b11
- [Fixed] When fullscreen is enabled an another applicaiton was opened, the other application will gain focus.
- [New] New Task Manager Widget (shows up to 8 tasks). Tap once to show the application and tap and hold to close it.
Changes on 1.0b10.1
- [Fixed] When using the new Fast Orientation Change option, the application will crash (i.e. it will stop responding properly). This was a really tough one
- [Fixed] Lists used the system wide window color instead of a custom color. If the color whas black, text would not be visible.
- [Fixed] Error messages on CommandProvider or PhoneProvider would generate an exception when multithreaded commands are on.
Changes on 1.0b10
- [Fixed] Script error en Analog Clock when changing hours.
- [Fixed] Items where not removed from snapper when changing orientation.
- [Fixed] When switching to landscape for the first time, Portrait mode layout is copied as the landscape one.
- [Fixed] When switching between landscape and portrait on fullscreen when another application is focused the Task bar dissapears.
- [Fixed] Shortcut widgets setup on portrait mode might collide with the ones created on landscape. (you'll have to recreate the shortcuts if you have this problem)
- [Fixed] When Yahoo! Weather reports a "not available" weather condition image (code 3200) a script error will be displayed.
- [Fixed] When wind speed is a decimal number, 0 will be displayed instead on the Weather Widget.
- [Fixed] Wind direction is wrong on the Weather Widget.
- [Fixed] When a Widget is on a layout but not on the new layout and the icon is at the end of the bar, when switching the bar won't adjust properly.
- [New] You can now set the units for degrees on the Weather widget.
- [Changed] Now windows are switched by sweeping horizontally and pages vertically.
- [Changed] Now switching windows is circular (as with pages).
- [Internal] Changed the behavior of hidden widgets (like SMS).
- [New] Now There is an option (Fast Orientation Change, enabled by default) to cache widgets on portrait and landscape to make rotation smoother. This will consume more memory since all the landscape widgets (on all windows of the current page) will be cached when in portrait mode.