I made a small program that helps me to keep an eye on how much cigarettes I smoke. It is made for people (like me) who want's to reduce their tabaco consumption or stop smoking by reducing consumption over a period of time.
It's simple to use, so you wont be bugged by heavy usability. Just run it and click "Got one..." whenever you smoke a cigarette. The overall daily rate is stored in a xml file for each day. By using the calendar navigator you can track how much you smoked on which day.
By setting up thresholds you can define audible alerts (2 .wav are included) and the colour of the counter gets red when the threshold exceeds.
Threshold 1 plays "cough.wav", and Threshold 2 plays "smoke-that.wav".
To Enable the "Smoke Advisor" (available since version 0.3) got to the settings page and enable it and set the average hours you smoke per day, so for example if you stand up at 08:00 in the morning and go to bed at 22:00 in the evening set the SA-Hours to 14. The "Smoke Advisor" works by calculating the time between each cigarette in corosponding to your daily target setting and the smoking hours. Now, if the timespan between you smoked the last cig and the moment you press "got one" is shorter than the calculated value you will get a warning which you can follow or ignore.
To get the monay tracker to work, just go to menu->settings and write down the price per cig. If the .(dot) does not work when you try to enter a price, try a , (comma) instead and does so vice versa.
Planned features for future version:
- Add option to give reason why you smoked per cig (example: Bored, Angry, Stress, Daily routine, party, etc...)
- Add option to support you smoking less by defining a timeframe for reduction
If you have any comments or suggestions for more features, feel free to post here.
If this program helps you reducing your cigarette consumption, feel free to donate some of the money you saved that way ;)
Enjoy it, as usual, it's freeware!
Download from Homepage at: http://www.silentservices.de/smoketracker.html or the attached file.
WinMo >= 5.0
Changes in v0.3.4 - Release Date: 05.01.2010
NOTE: Please make sure you backup your settings.xml and the other xml files before updating!!!
EDIT 01/05/10 20:14 : Re-uploaded version 0.3.4 due to small bug in the stats (progressbar overload)
- Fixed the 2k10 bug in statistics
- Added requested feature: If Smoke Advisor is enabled a timer is displayed in the main window that shows how much time is left to the next cig.
- Added timer in main windows that shows how much time passed since the smoke.
- Changed the statistics to a list view. It now shows all month and last and current week
Version 0.3.2 on 14.08.2009:
- Fixed some bugs
- CAB should now be installable on storage card
Version 0.3 on 13.08.2009:
- Fixed double entries in time list (at least I hope so)
- Fixed auto height for time list
- Fixed "Mignight-Bug"
- Changed order of time entries to: last cig = first entry
- Added "remove one" in menu
- Added minimize softkey (to exit press x or click menu->exit)
- Added Statistics page (takes some time to load as it has to grab through all the xml files)
- Added Money Tracker in startpage and statistics, shows how much money went to dust
- Added "Smoke Advisor" function
Version 0.2 on 10.08.2009:
- Fixed the System.IO Exception (At leat I hope so)
- Added possibility to choose sound (has to be stored in \Windows od \My Documents\My Ringtones\ path. This is bound to these directories, not by me, but by M$)