Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

chmod boot_animation.xml ?

Tip us?

roeblerrieland
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default chmod boot_animation.xml ?

This is probably a noob question but I've searched and tinkered and I cant get this file altered or replaced. It's located on the device under /system/media. I've rooted my device(if this is relevant??). and copies he xml file first to my sd card and then to my pc where I've altered it(trying to get rid of the Orange logo) and now i want to copy it back to the Hero. So I've tried adb shell and then
> adb push boot_animation.xml /system/media
but that doesn't work I have also tried to chmod 777 boot_animation.xml but still no go. There has to be some way right?

extermicide
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by roeblerrieland View Post
This is probably a noob question but I've searched and tinkered and I cant get this file altered or replaced. It's located on the device under /system/media. I've rooted my device(if this is relevant??). and copies he xml file first to my sd card and then to my pc where I've altered it(trying to get rid of the Orange logo) and now i want to copy it back to the Hero. So I've tried adb shell and then
> adb push boot_animation.xml /system/media
but that doesn't work I have also tried to chmod 777 boot_animation.xml but still no go. There has to be some way right?
try:

adb push boot_animation.xml /system/media/bootscreen