Very well done!
I did a first test of your app and I'm very impressed about it's features and how well it works for the very first beta! On my Touch Pro, it did find my current position very fast and the distance measured is exactly what www.gpsies.com
tells me about it. Uploading to your homepage also worked well and is such easy to do. Congratulations and thank you very much!
Of course although it is already very functional, there are some feature requests:
- I did not dare to switch off the device at my first test, because I did not want the GPS receiver being stopped and used S2U2 as screen lock. Having an option to switch off the display and locking the device (as in GPSCycleComputer) would be a great thing.
- Having an option for specifying the GPS settings would be fine. On the Touch Pro it connects to the intermediate driver directly and works well, but actually I'd like to have it connected to GPSGate on another Port.
- For the running pace (min/km), it shows seconds as percent of minutes. Having it as mm:ss (that is 7:54 instead of 7,9) would be appreciated. BTW:
Originally Posted by drjim
(...) minutes per mile as that is the standard measure for running speed (...)
Here in Europe it is min/km, which is already implemented... ;)
- I didn't try that audio feature yet (BTW: Do you use earphones?), but I'm thinking that it could also be useful if you're on an unknown route to have some very basic navigation features. That is, importing a route (on www.gpsies.com
there are a lot of it) and at least being told if you're leaving that route. For more information you can have a look on your display then, which might show the planned vs. the actual route.
- I'm interested in having a plot "pace over time". I'm not quite sure whether GPS data are such accurate (especially these qualcomm receivers), but maybe there can be done some filtering in order to have good results.
- and of course exporting the track as GPX, KML or whatever (hey, there is GPSBabel to translate it ;) ) would be great
Last but not least, there is a small flaw having +infity as speed after loading or saving a track - maybe it's currently there for debugging purposes (see screenshot attached)
PS: If you want/need a german translation, please let me know!