9th August 2009, 10:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 45

92 posts
More
Latest version: 1.3.1.5.
Changelog

Information
Marathon is a Windows Mobile application which keeps track of your movement with the help of a GPS-receiver. It’s the perfect companion for sporting activates such as running and bicycling. You can configure Marathon to announce various statistics in the headset or speaker while you’re recording. This gives you the advantage of always knowing your performance and is a great morale boost to reach your goals. You can compete with yourself by setting the goal time comparison settings to one of your previous results. This will allow the announcements to tell you exactly how many seconds ahead or behind you are. You may also use the generic time goal in case you haven’t recorded anything to compete against. The application records and displays data such as time, distance, speed and your altitude change. You can also choose to display your speed and altitude as bar or line charts, as well as showing a map of your recording. As a complement to the application, Marathon is compatible with a free online service, which allows you to see more detailed information about your performance. You can view your result on a map as well as see various rankings against other users of the service.

Features
• Announce various statistics in the headset or speaker while running.
• Compete with yourself by using a previous recording or a generic time based goal.
• Records data such as time, distance, speed, altitude change.
• Can show a graph over your speed/altitude as well as a map of the track.
• Upload the result to www.marathon-mobile.net to see more detailed info and compare your results with others. The webpage is still a work in progress, so don’t expect too much yet.

Requirements
• Windows Mobile 5.0+ Professional device.
• GPS receiver with support for Microsoft’s GPS Intermediate Driver.
• Screen resolution of at least 240x240 pixels.

Download
http://www.marathon-mobile.net/Downl...dLatestVersion
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10KmRotatedWithSpeed.jpg
Views:	2595
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	214503   Click image for larger version

Name:	10KmWithMap.jpg
Views:	2577
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	214504   Click image for larger version

Name:	Announcements.jpg
Views:	1976
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	214505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Upload.jpg
Views:	1538
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	214506   Click image for larger version

Name:	TimeGoalComp.jpg
Views:	1327
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	214507  

Last edited by Ooije; 10th August 2010 at 07:02 PM.
10th August 2009, 04:41 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

727 posts
neat app- hope this helps to get you more coverage since I think the app deserves it: http://www.fuzemobility.com/marathon...iner-released/
10th August 2009, 06:52 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Is it possible to also make it save the track as kml so it can be viewed in google earth?
10th August 2009, 09:29 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 971

2,044 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardousguy

Is it possible to also make it save the track as kml so it can be viewed in google earth?

Hello!

would this run on my diamond (640 x 480)?

+1 for google earth - support!
10th August 2009, 04:26 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

716 posts
A few questions:

1. Will this work on a VGA, e.g., a Fuze?
2. Does it track in miles or just kms?
3. Will it work for cycling, e.g., mph, not just mins/mile?

I currently use GPSCycleComputer because it works for both running and cycling, but this app has some nice new features.
10th August 2009, 04:41 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 147

1,009 posts
Donate to Me
More
seriously guys, are you even reading the first post?

Quote:

Iíve tested it on my HTC Touch Pro

Touch Pro = VGA
10th August 2009, 04:49 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

727 posts
It works on the Fuze/Diamond at VGA: http://www.fuzemobility.com/marathon...iner-released/
I'll let the author respond to changes to mph instead of km.
10th August 2009, 08:26 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 45

92 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsykoosh

neat app- hope this helps to get you more coverage since I think the app deserves it: http://www.fuzemobility.com/marathon...iner-released/

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardousguy

Im considering to implement some kind of map integration, so i'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjim

A few questions:

1. Will this work on a VGA, e.g., a Fuze?
2. Does it track in miles or just kms?
3. Will it work for cycling, e.g., mph, not just mins/mile?

I currently use GPSCycleComputer because it works for both running and cycling, but this app has some nice new features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsykoosh

It works on the Fuze/Diamond at VGA: http://www.fuzemobility.com/marathon...iner-released/
I'll let the author respond to changes to mph instead of km.

I haven’t tried it on a bike, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work since it works with walking, running and cars. You can also select different methods, such as “Run”, “Bike” and “Ski” when you save your result to keep track of your travel method.

I've implemented the following units, you can change between them using "Menu->Settings->Unit":
km/h
m/s
mph
min/km

I'll add more if someone find it usefull. Would min / mile be of any use?
10th August 2009, 08:40 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 6

716 posts
I would love you to add minutes per mile as that is the standard measure for running speed, so it would be useful for running.

Thanks.
10th August 2009, 11:18 PM   |  #10  
Karlsruhe
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Thumbs up Very well done!
Hi Ooije,

I did a first test of your app and I'm very impressed about it's features and how well it works for the very first beta! On my Touch Pro, it did find my current position very fast and the distance measured is exactly what www.gpsies.com tells me about it. Uploading to your homepage also worked well and is such easy to do. Congratulations and thank you very much!

Of course although it is already very functional, there are some feature requests:
- I did not dare to switch off the device at my first test, because I did not want the GPS receiver being stopped and used S2U2 as screen lock. Having an option to switch off the display and locking the device (as in GPSCycleComputer) would be a great thing.
- Having an option for specifying the GPS settings would be fine. On the Touch Pro it connects to the intermediate driver directly and works well, but actually I'd like to have it connected to GPSGate on another Port.
- For the running pace (min/km), it shows seconds as percent of minutes. Having it as mm:ss (that is 7:54 instead of 7,9) would be appreciated. BTW:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjim

(...) minutes per mile as that is the standard measure for running speed (...)

Here in Europe it is min/km, which is already implemented... ;)
- I didn't try that audio feature yet (BTW: Do you use earphones?), but I'm thinking that it could also be useful if you're on an unknown route to have some very basic navigation features. That is, importing a route (on www.gpsies.com there are a lot of it) and at least being told if you're leaving that route. For more information you can have a look on your display then, which might show the planned vs. the actual route.
- I'm interested in having a plot "pace over time". I'm not quite sure whether GPS data are such accurate (especially these qualcomm receivers), but maybe there can be done some filtering in order to have good results.
- and of course exporting the track as GPX, KML or whatever (hey, there is GPSBabel to translate it ;) ) would be great

Last but not least, there is a small flaw having +infity as speed after loading or saving a track - maybe it's currently there for debugging purposes (see screenshot attached)

Cheers
Matzix

PS: If you want/need a german translation, please let me know!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Marathon - Screenshot.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	214924  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
distance, gps, measure, tracker
Previous Thread Next Thread