Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 40,772 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Taskiller ignore list:

Tip us?

bmszabo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Taskiller ignore list:

After switching from Magic to Hero (which is a great improvement!) I've noticed that there are a couple of new recurring processes on the Taskiller list, which I have never seen before on the Magic; eg: com.htc.provider.weather, HTC locatiediens (=localisation service, in Dutch), com.htc.socialnetwork.provider, HTC media uploader; beside TouchInput and Touchflow, which I've already put on my ignore list.

I assume these are specific Sense processes, partly vital for the UI; is there anybody who could give a list of the vital processes, we should put on the ignore list and/ or a list of processes which are safe to kill if system slows down?

I've already contacted the dev of Taskiller; but he says he has no Hero experience, so cannot advice on this issue..
Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance!
Balazs

sausalito
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I have the same question...

It would be great if we know whixh process correspond to what

Switchbitch
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I fiddled around with this and it's safe to kill everything. The vital processes will just start right up again. socialnetwork.provider and provider.weather are, I'm assuming, to do with Facebook/Google integration and weather widget/applications respectively. If you're going to be killing processes regularly, I'd suggest you put touchflo and touch input in the ignore list, as they need to be running constantly for the UI to work. You can kill them, but the phone will hang for a few seconds while they restart.
"We will suffer any consequence tomorrow, not to feel uncomfortable today".
Tags
hero, taskiller