Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

1700MAH Battery.

Tip us?
 
oreoOozZz
Old
#211  
oreoOozZz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 718
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrimerman View Post
I put it in and connected the charger and it is charging just fine. I will run it out completely and charge from there. I think it said the same thing the bad battery said "2009 11 12". I assume it means the year month then date.
I really hope i have the same luck when my replacement gets here. Thats good to hear that someone finally has a working battery. Was this your 1st or 2nd replacement?
Phone [VZW Samsung Galaxy S III]
Rom [AllianceRom - Build 23]
Recovery [TWRP 2.7.0.0]
Radio/RPM [VRBML1]


Retired
[Rooted Black HTC Evo 3D]
[Rooted Black HTC Evo 4G]
[Rooted Black HTC G1]


Android FTMFW.
 
jeffrimerman
Old
#212  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 251
Join Date: Mar 2007
Default This was my 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreoOozZz View Post
I really hope i have the same luck when my replacement gets here. Thats good to hear that someone finally has a working battery. Was this your 1st or 2nd replacement?
I think it took about 2 weeks to get. I was about to message the guy, but when I checked the mail it worked. I think someone else mentioned the same, so it was probably only some bad ones in a batch. He is probably mailing out so many that even a 100 bad ones is probably just a fraction of what he sends out, but it is enough to piss off a lot of people. He should have probably had someone open up the replacements and test them before sending, but if he is mailing out 1000s, he probably figured too much trouble. Hopefully everone's replacement will work.
 
oreoOozZz
Old
#213  
oreoOozZz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 718
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrimerman View Post
I think it took about 2 weeks to get. I was about to message the guy, but when I checked the mail it worked. I think someone else mentioned the same, so it was probably only some bad ones in a batch. He is probably mailing out so many that even a 100 bad ones is probably just a fraction of what he sends out, but it is enough to piss off a lot of people. He should have probably had someone open up the replacements and test them before sending, but if he is mailing out 1000s, he probably figured too much trouble. Hopefully everone's replacement will work.
So you have fully drained the battery, charged it back up and using it again with no problems? Congrats man lol, your probably one of the first in awhile. He said he sent me a replacement 3 weeks ago, now im messaging him on Ebay and hes not answering. This is the first and only replacement i will receive, if when it gets here it doesnt work, im getting a full refund, opening a case against him on ebay and leaving negative feedback. You think after the first couple incidents he would have some sort of logic but it doesnt appear so. Its just ridiculous for $10 dollars.
Phone [VZW Samsung Galaxy S III]
Rom [AllianceRom - Build 23]
Recovery [TWRP 2.7.0.0]
Radio/RPM [VRBML1]


Retired
[Rooted Black HTC Evo 3D]
[Rooted Black HTC Evo 4G]
[Rooted Black HTC G1]


Android FTMFW.
 
jeffrimerman
Old
#214  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 251
Join Date: Mar 2007
Default It is charging now

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreoOozZz View Post
So you have fully drained the battery, charged it back up and using it again with no problems? Congrats man lol, your probably one of the first in awhile. He said he sent me a replacement 3 weeks ago, now im messaging him on Ebay and hes not answering. This is the first and only replacement i will receive, if when it gets here it doesnt work, im getting a full refund, opening a case against him on ebay and leaving negative feedback. You think after the first couple incidents he would have some sort of logic but it doesnt appear so. Its just ridiculous for $10 dollars.
I ran it till it went to yellow in the battery image. I plugged it in now and it is charging. I will let it charge for a couple hours and see how fast it charges up.
 
oreoOozZz
Old
#215  
oreoOozZz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 718
Join Date: Nov 2008
So my replacement still hasnt arrived, even though im pretty sure its not going to work. I emailed the seller to see whats up and finally after 3 emails i got this back...



obo_hk

Hi, the producers made big mistake and they are recalling all the G1 batteries now. If it is faulty again, please return them and we will replace new ones produced on Jan and Feb for you. We will pay for the shipping cost by airmail, Thanks.

Ill update as soon as the replacement gets here. For anybody that has got a couple faulty ones, shoot him an email and im sure he will do the same for you.
Phone [VZW Samsung Galaxy S III]
Rom [AllianceRom - Build 23]
Recovery [TWRP 2.7.0.0]
Radio/RPM [VRBML1]


Retired
[Rooted Black HTC Evo 3D]
[Rooted Black HTC Evo 4G]
[Rooted Black HTC G1]


Android FTMFW.
 
zimphishmonger
Old
#216  
zimphishmonger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 741
Posts: 3,865
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreoOozZz View Post
So my replacement still hasnt arrived, even though im pretty sure its not going to work. I emailed the seller to see whats up and finally after 3 emails i got this back...



obo_hk

Hi, the producers made big mistake and they are recalling all the G1 batteries now. If it is faulty again, please return them and we will replace new ones produced on Jan and Feb for you. We will pay for the shipping cost by airmail, Thanks.

Ill update as soon as the replacement gets here. For anybody that has got a couple faulty ones, shoot him an email and im sure he will do the same for you.
hahaha, I got the EXACT same email from him, and said no I want a refund. Still waiting for a response from ebay customer service. How exactly are they going to pay for return shipping, via paypal?? We can barely get a response from them....
| Device: LG Nexus 4 | Morfic's Trinity or Bricked Kernels |

| Device: Google Nexus7 | Trinity Kernel |

 
legend221
Old
#217  
legend221's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 246
Posts: 1,539
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anywhere and Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimphishmonger View Post
hahaha, I got the EXACT same email from him, and said no I want a refund. Still waiting for a response from ebay customer service. How exactly are they going to pay for return shipping, via paypal?? We can barely get a response from them....
Sounds like they want the batteries back so they can collect and you getting shafted in the a$$ getting nothing in return. I can't understand how a seller like this can continue to lie and steal to the consumer without consequences.

Sooner or later ebay WILL act if they do not provide from their end and we make enough noise.
Currently Using: Motorola RAZR HD
Rom: [ROM][XT926] Nexesque v3.6 - Battery Friendly, Fast, Stable and Smooth - Click Here

..............................................

**** If I've helped you or appreciate my contribution to the Android scene, feel free to thank me ****
 
zimphishmonger
Old
#218  
zimphishmonger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 741
Posts: 3,865
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by legend221 View Post
Sounds like they want the batteries back so they can collect and you getting shafted in the a$$ getting nothing in return. I can't understand how a seller like this can continue to lie and steal to the consumer without consequences.

Sooner or later ebay WILL act if they do not provide from their end and we make enough noise.
Its been a week, and I;ve yet to hear a response from Ebay.....If they dont step in, i'll most likely just dispute it w/ my credit card company....this seller is a REAL piece of work, and deserves all the negative feedback\ebay customer service requests people can rack up.

Worst ebay experience ive had my 7 years as an Ebay customer
| Device: LG Nexus 4 | Morfic's Trinity or Bricked Kernels |

| Device: Google Nexus7 | Trinity Kernel |

 
XZ32
Old
#219  
XZ32's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 372
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreoOozZz View Post
obo_hk

Hi, the producers made big mistake and they are recalling all the G1 batteries now. If it is faulty again, please return them and we will replace new ones produced on Jan and Feb for you. We will pay for the shipping cost by airmail, Thanks.
Got the exact same reply after my replacement (12/2009) didnt work.
The shipping costs to send both batteries back to HK was 3€, but he told me its not worth it and that he sent me another replacement today.
Hopefully ill get a proper one this time.
Im going to be patient cos lots of people DID get a working battery...
 
ultma75
Old
#220  
ultma75's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 710
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by XZ32 View Post
Got the exact same reply after my replacement (12/2009) didnt work.
The shipping costs to send both batteries back to HK was 3, but he told me its not worth it and that he sent me another replacement today.
Hopefully ill get a proper one this time.
Im going to be patient cos lots of people DID get a working battery...
mines works quite well actually. i can go over 24+ hours even with moderate internet usage and texting all day
Mine: G1>G2>G2x>LG Nexus 4!

Asus transformer tf101

Samsung galaxy player 5.0

Wife: Stock T-Mobile S3 & Nexus 7

twitter.com/ultma75

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Remove Unnecessary WhatsApp Elements with Xposed

In modern life, you can’t underestimate the power ofthe dark sidemessaging … more

MaR-V-iN to Talk Google and Android APIs at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of September … more