OP Senior Member
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Right. Thinking logically, since I rooted my phone by following these steps:
15. If the serial number and the word fastboot next to it popped up, then go back to the command prompt on the computer and type
fastboot boot cm-hero-recovery.img
16. Once the phone boots up into the recovery screen type the following in the command prompt on the computer:
adb shell mount /system
adb push su /system/bin/
adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/
adb shell reboot
17. Once the phone reboots, click the Menu button and click Settings.
18. Goto Applications > Development and check the USB debugging on.
19. While the phone is still plugged in, goto the Command Prompt still up on your computer and type:
You should see a serial number, which means the computer is seeing the device.
20. Then type:
The phone should pop up an su request. Click Always Allow on the phone.
Logically, I haven't really changed anything else on the phone aside from:
a. copying in 2 APKs, one SU and one Superuser.
b. Setting permissions.