Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,228 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[bug] Wifi signal strenght not shown in status bar

Tip us?

Lox_Dev
Old
(Last edited by Lox_Dev; 17th August 2009 at 08:34 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Default [bug] Wifi signal strenght not shown in status bar

Hello,

The wifi status icon doesn't show the signal strength. Is that your case?

Regards

Edit1: Seems it concerns WPA-Personal wifi networks if anyone sees that bug with a different encryption please post

nicelad_uk
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecka View Post
Hello,

The wifi status icon doesn't show the signal strength. Is that your case?

Regards
Mines shows as 1 white bar and the rest grey regardless where I am with the phone. I could be next to the router.

Donations more than welcome if you like my work.
It will probably keep my girlfriend off my back too if she knows people appreciate it and it will help pay for my wedding

Currently on: Neon theme for Rhodium, Blackstone, Topaz -- Link

cdyat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelad_uk View Post
Mines shows as 1 white bar and the rest grey regardless where I am with the phone. I could be next to the router.
Mine changes with strength as I move around. Sometimes full, sometimes just the circle and and in between too.
V1605 with Voda (still wm5 - not enough bottle for wm6 yet!) / its on ebay! Gone to HTC Touch Dual and love it

All gone! Time for a change so G2 HTC Hero and its fantastic!

David Horn
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 79
Mine changes - sometimes one bar, or two, most of the time none. Interestingly, it shows low signal strength even if next to the router, but the WiFi page shows strength as excellent.

tatwamasi
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Mine updates based on position.

pjmurphy77
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Same here.. mine simply show the white dot at the bottom of the WIFI indicator but none of the lines have ever shown up...

franklinvv
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmurphy77 View Post
Same here.. mine simply show the white dot at the bottom of the WIFI indicator but none of the lines have ever shown up...
I am having the same problem. I can only see the white dot, with dark grey arcs above. Every time I turn on WiFi, I have the idea that my WiFi reception is bad so I feel compelled to turn WiFi off again. I hope someone can find a way to fix this without doing a hard reset.

Switchbitch
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Odd, mines has always just been the white circle and grey arcs. I didn't even think that the arcs should go white relative to signal strength....

Now I want them to!
"We will suffer any consequence tomorrow, not to feel uncomfortable today".

elcom
Old
Thanks Meter 34
same problem. I found that on some wireless networks (my home) I see only the white circle with grey bars, and on other wireless networks (coffee shops etc.) I get the signal strength on the status bar icon.
Kind of weird. When i'm at home I'm always compelled to go into wireless settings and check the signal strength and it's always excellent even though the status bar icon shows that the signal strength is poor.

Switchbitch
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I wonder if it's anything to do with the security settings? At home mine is WPA2. Coffee shops will usually be open networks.

Just a thought....
"We will suffer any consequence tomorrow, not to feel uncomfortable today".