Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,005 Members 38,046 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Downgrade, Root, Partition, Update SPL, and Install CyanogenMOD

Tip us?

vidac1rca139
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I will most definately being doing some research and reading on the subject at hand it's just that I'm in a rush to get this all done and I've been awake for a while now so I apologize. But thank you very much for putting up with me and my noobness.

nephron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidac1rca139 View Post
I will most definately being doing some research and reading on the subject at hand it's just that I'm in a rush to get this all done and I've been awake for a while now so I apologize. But thank you very much for putting up with me and my noobness.
if you need any more help feel free to PM me or just use the search feature .

nephron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
bumb. People keep asking questions that are in THIS GUIDE!

david1171
Old
Thanks Meter 163

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephron View Post
bumb. People keep asking questions that are in THIS GUIDE!
why does every single person that uses recovery flasher to root their phone think they are entitled to have everything handed to them on a silver platter? there is a search button. there are numerous guides for every single question they are asking. then some of them want to turn and get smart because someone chastised them for asking a question in the wrong place or asking a question where the answer is clearly before them. their excuse " i'm a noob." so what, we were all noobs once at something but most of us researched stuff before we did it. my patience is growing very small for the questions that have been answered over and over. i think i might just start giving people links and nothing else if this laziness keeps up.

sorry for that rant but i feel i needed to vent

back on topic though. you might want to add something about the actual math needed to figure out the partition sizes, so hopefully what happened a few posts back won't happen again. maybe put something in it about linux-swap for those that want it? then again with the questions that are being asked i do not know how many people would even be able to use a userinit.sh file to even activate swap lol.
Device: Nexus S 4G
ROM: CM7
CM7 Theme Engine: MinimalBread
App Mod: Demotivators Protips Widget
My Icon Sets: Minimalist and Minimal
Twitter: david1171_
Google Chrome Theme: Minimalist
PayPal: If you would like to donate

ThR1LL
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by david1171 View Post
why does every single person that uses recovery flasher to root their phone think they are entitled to have everything handed to them on a silver platter? there is a search button. there are numerous guides for every single question they are asking. then some of them want to turn and get smart because someone chastised them for asking a question in the wrong place or asking a question where the answer is clearly before them. their excuse " i'm a noob." so what, we were all noobs once at something but most of us researched stuff before we did it. my patience is growing very small for the questions that have been answered over and over. i think i might just start giving people links and nothing else if this laziness keeps up.
This is exactly how I feel! This needs to be patched already

david1171
Old
Thanks Meter 163

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR1LL View Post
This is exactly how I feel! This needs to be patched already
sorry nephron for off topic post. i do not think it needs to be patched. mainly because it works for the mytouch and the rooting process for it is horrible. i guess i wish that people had more common sense but that will never happen.
Device: Nexus S 4G
ROM: CM7
CM7 Theme Engine: MinimalBread
App Mod: Demotivators Protips Widget
My Icon Sets: Minimalist and Minimal
Twitter: david1171_
Google Chrome Theme: Minimalist
PayPal: If you would like to donate

sasa3791
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i've installed CM 4.0.1 and Recovery 1.4 (wit Recovery Flasher), but without Hard SPL and OTA Radio, after that installed Dark Hero Theme and all works ok.
can some1 tell me do i need reinstall everthyng and install hard spl and ota radio, and how?
thx

supremeteam256
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasa3791 View Post
i've installed CM 4.0.1 and Recovery 1.4 (wit Recovery Flasher), but without Hard SPL and OTA Radio, after that installed Dark Hero Theme and all works ok.
can some1 tell me do i need reinstall everthyng and install hard spl and ota radio, and how?
thx
You really don't have to install Hard SPL if you don't want to, you just won't have the fastboot option. But you really should install Hard SPL, there is no danger to installing it. You should update the radio cause without the new updated radio you might run into problems with dropped calls and BT problems. And update spl and radio the same way you would update anything.

nickryan0612
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry for all the questions everyone who has been helping me. But im a little confused at one part.

I know it says clean sd card. but in the regular root process it says format to fat32 so if im looking to do this to a 1gb and havent formated it to fat 32 yet. Should i and then follow this guide or follow this guide and forget formating to fat 32?

nephron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
@david: nice rant lol. I totally agree. People need to search and read before making stupid new threads.

@nickryan: If you dont format your card to fat32, the bootloader wont regognize the DREAIMG.nbh that is on your sD Card. So yes, format first then continue with this guide.

Tags
cyanogen, downgrade, guide, install, rom, root, spl