XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Installed Hero twice and having issues

Tip us?

mikesx4911
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Installed Hero twice and having issues

I installed Hero the latest version and whenever I get the phone on it says "the process android.process.acore has stoped unexpectedly. Please try again" What do I do, I been without a working phone for almost 7 hours now

DirectMatrix
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesx4911 View Post
I installed Hero the latest version and whenever I get the phone on it says "the process android.process.acore has stoped unexpectedly. Please try again" What do I do, I been without a working phone for almost 7 hours now
Without making things too complicated, and to simply get you back up and running. just flash another ROM....

That way you will have your phone back in working order and you can do some more research regarding ROMs. Keep in mind that many of the Hero ROMs are still somewhat buggy but are coming along nicely. The good news is there are many Hero ROMs to choose from so picking another will likely fix your acore process force close.
------------------------------------------------
T-Mobile G2 | CyanogenMod-7.0.2-vision | Radio: 26.03.02.26_M | Hboot: 0.76.0000 | VISION PVT ENG S-OFF
Retired: T-Mobile G1 | ROM: CyanogenMod-6.0.0-DS | Danger SPL 1.33.2005 | Radio: 2.22.19.26I | Amon_RA Recovery V1.7.0
Droid Explorer 0.8.5.1 | Custom Boot Sounds in CM

mikesx4911
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
im seriously ready to shoot this phone I wiped, cleared the ext 3 times and if i ever get to the OS cuz most of the time Im stuck at HTC and the little hero keep looping. I will wipe ext and alt wipe and try to load up a different rom

eessel
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
im seriously ready to shoot this phone I wiped, cleared the ext 3 times and if i ever get to the OS cuz most of the time Im stuck at HTC and the little hero keep looping. I will wipe ext and alt wipe and try to load up a different rom
Yeah..i think that would be a good idea. You can try cyanogen's rom. Probably the 3.9.10 version, which is a pretty fast and stable rom, and then just get Ted417's Hero theme(which I think is the best Hero theme out there) flashed on there to give you that Hero look minus the widgets of course, if that's the look you're going for.

mikesx4911
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eessel View Post
Yeah..i think that would be a good idea. You can try cyanogen's rom. Probably the 3.9.10 version, which is a pretty fast and stable rom, and then just get Ted417's Hero theme(which I think is the best Hero theme out there) flashed on there to give you that Hero look minus the widgets of course, if that's the look you're going for.
that theme is garbage lol. It wont even install, I tried like 4 times. WTF!!!!

h.nocturna
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Are you using ext4?
Device: LG Nexus 4 || Xylon 4.2 // 015 // Nightlies
Past Phones: HTC G1 (x3) | HTC MyTouch 3G Slide | HTC HD2 | HTC G2 | HTC MyTouch 4G | AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII (Skyrocket) | T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 (Hercules) | LG Nexus 4

mikesx4911
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i got it working lol

h.nocturna
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesx4911 View Post
i got it working lol
Mind telling us what you did to fix it so others may know if they have the same problem?
Device: LG Nexus 4 || Xylon 4.2 // 015 // Nightlies
Past Phones: HTC G1 (x3) | HTC MyTouch 3G Slide | HTC HD2 | HTC G2 | HTC MyTouch 4G | AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII (Skyrocket) | T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 (Hercules) | LG Nexus 4

trstn
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Hi there, I'm having the same problem.

Hero was fine until I did a factory reset (I'd cleverly managed to lock myself out of it via the security swipe).

Anyway, did the factory reset and now I get the android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly problem.

I'm not that keen on installing other ROMs at this point, just hoping you can share your solution.

I'm guessing but it seems to be connected to my contact card within contacts. (If i wipe the info in that and log out of facebook the issue stops).

mikesx4911
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by trstn View Post
Hi there, I'm having the same problem.

Hero was fine until I did a factory reset (I'd cleverly managed to lock myself out of it via the security swipe).

Anyway, did the factory reset and now I get the android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly problem.

I'm not that keen on installing other ROMs at this point, just hoping you can share your solution.

I'm guessing but it seems to be connected to my contact card within contacts. (If i wipe the info in that and log out of facebook the issue stops).
What I did was load a different rom non hero first, than updated to a hero rom and it worked. Because I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it lol. But personally I stopped using the hero rom, there to slow, and missing to much stuff such as bluetooth and etc.