This application finds your location via GPS (provided you have an internal or external GPS).
Then you have the option to:
1. Send an SMS
2. Send an Email
3. Create a Note
4. Send to Clipboard
your location as just plain coordinates (40.089821,22.567634) (can be copied to maps.google.com search field)
or better as a Google Maps Link (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&t=m&...9821,22.567634)
or (New) as a Google Maps Mobile Link (http://www.google.com/gmm/x?action=BUSI&q=LAT,LONG).
5. (New) Scheduled SMS, Email sending or Http request on defined time interval.
The persons who receive your SMS or Email can click on the google maps link and they will directly see your location on google maps.
You can use Pocket Outlook or Flexmail as your email sending app. You can choose the account that will be used and you can a default recipient.
When sending the email you will be prompted to add a recipient. The default recipient you have set up will be proposed. You can change it or browse through your contacts to choose another email.
You can keep a note with your current location and add your own notes. Date and time automatically added in the note.
You can copy the location to the clipboard and paste it anywhere you want or you can just phone someone and tell him your location.
To setup a http request, for example http://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.000000,24.000000
then you would write in the settings http://maps.google.com/maps?q=%lat%,%long%
So if you're still on vacation why not send your location to your friends!!!
Version 1.2 beta 3 What's new (14/12/2009)
1. Fixed the scheduled http function
2. SMS 140 chars. There is a choice in the settings to send a cut SMS version that is around 137 to 140 chars.
Version 1.2 beta 1 What's new (23/11/2009)
1. Scheduled SMS, Email sending or Http request on defined time interval. Each of them can be enabled separately and have its own time interval.
2. Google Maps Mobile Link. You can choose to send a Google Maps Mobile Link by SMS. This links open only from a mobile device and cannot be opened from a desktop pc. So you should be careful when sending this type of link. If you are not sure if the other party can open this link than better send a Google Maps desktop link. (http://www.google.com/gmm/x?action=BUSI&q=LAT,LONG)
3. Send without editing. For both SMS and Email you have the option to send them without first editing them. The SMS program and email program will not open but they will be sent in the background.
4. Send without poping up Contact Screen. For both SMS and Email you have the option to send them without the Choose Contact screen opening. You have to set a predefined Recipient in the Settings.
5. Many internal changed to allow the scheduled SMS, Email and Http function be implemented.
Version 1.1a What's new (11/09/2009)
When you use "Microsoft Intermediate GPS Driver" and you press disconnect the app now closes the GPS. In v1.1 you should exit the program to close GPS.
Version 1.1 What's new (08/09/2009)
1. GPS Data. The app now uses "Microsoft Intermediate GPS Driver" to get the gps data. It's the default option. Works perfect, not laggy anymore. Should solve the problems some of you had connecting to GPS. For older devices (wm 2003) which don't support the driver, you can use the old method with the serial port. Choose it from the options.
2. SMS. Added Date and Time in the message when sending SMS
3. Email with Pocket Outlook. You can now edit the email before sending it. The option to send it without editing it, remains but you have to choose it in the options.
Things I have in mind to do next
1. Some graphics improvements for vga devices. (it's developed on my qvga)
2. Look if can get the pic from google maps and send it as MMS or Mail Attachment
When moving fast (in a car) then your location shown is about 5 seconds back. So when you stop somewhere it keeps refreshing till it reaches your current position. It takes about 5 secs (solved on v1.1).
Just install the cab on the device or storage card. When upgrading then you have to install the app on the same location to keep the settings OR copy the settings.txt file to your new location.
Anybody finds this app useful and would like to donate, you can do it through this paypal account: