[Resources] Flashing your First GSM Rhodium Rom (For Noobs)

7th June 2010, 07:15 AM   |  #901  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
yes i did i downloaded the manual one and put it on my phone and then double tapped it to start but the screen never turns black my phone just gets stuck and i cant do anything then untill i soft restar or take the battery out and i tried to put in the internal memory and the sd card same problem
11th June 2010, 02:47 PM   |  #902  
Flag Brooklyn

13 posts
More
i have a question, i will be flashing my rom for the 1st time andwould like to know will i be able to use my phone as soon as i finish updating it. the reason i ask is because when i had the htc touch (vogue) i updated the 6.0 to 6.1 threw verizon's website and had to call them to put the phone back on the network. even thought it was an official update from verizon i was scared cause my phone wouldn't make or receive calls, woul di have the same issue with my TP2. i plan on using NRGZ28 sense 2.5 21905 build which seems to have what im looking for cause im big on performance. also could you explain more on why he recommended to download sashimi before doin the update. i found the software but how it was explained was confusing, i new to doing this so ineed a little more understanding of it..thanks for your help
11th June 2010, 05:11 PM   |  #903  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 615

5,319 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by horbeme

i have a question, i will be flashing my rom for the 1st time andwould like to know will i be able to use my phone as soon as i finish updating it. the reason i ask is because when i had the htc touch (vogue) i updated the 6.0 to 6.1 threw verizon's website and had to call them to put the phone back on the network. even thought it was an official update from verizon i was scared cause my phone wouldn't make or receive calls, woul di have the same issue with my TP2. i plan on using NRGZ28 sense 2.5 21905 build which seems to have what im looking for cause im big on performance. also could you explain more on why he recommended to download sashimi before doin the update. i found the software but how it was explained was confusing, i new to doing this so ineed a little more understanding of it..thanks for your help

I have never had to call my service provider to put my TP2 back on the network after a ROM flash (also using NRG's ROMs).

Sashimi is a tool to help you restore settings. the EnergyROM series also includes a tool called XDA_UC to help you do this, which is detailed elsewhere. For myself, I prefer to set things up manually after a flash, and I restore my data via PIMbackup (obviously saved before the flash).
11th June 2010, 07:41 PM   |  #904  

14 posts
um...problem...
I get an error when I open the customruu.exe application. What did I do wrong??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	341388  
11th June 2010, 08:04 PM   |  #905  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag UK

5,319 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimnjace08

I get an error when I open the customruu.exe application. What did I do wrong??

Make sure you are running CustomRUU.exe from the same folder that has the RHODIMG.nbh file in it. Also make sure your anti-virus software is turned off.
11th June 2010, 08:23 PM   |  #906  

14 posts
um
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviewevie

Make sure you are running CustomRUU.exe from the same folder that has the RHODIMG.nbh file in it. Also make sure your anti-virus software is turned off.

-----------------------

my anti-virus lets me open it but its the program that has a problem with my utility or whatnot...is it a problem with my phone? i am using the customruu.exe from the same folder (now that someone has graciouly helped me figure out how to open a 7z file) but i still get the same message... (
11th June 2010, 08:52 PM   |  #907  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag UK

5,319 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimnjace08

-----------------------

my anti-virus lets me open it but its the program that has a problem with my utility or whatnot...is it a problem with my phone? i am using the customruu.exe from the same folder (now that someone has graciouly helped me figure out how to open a 7z file) but i still get the same message... (

You're not running it off a network-shared drive, are you ? It's not the phone, on your PC the CustomRUU.exe somehow can't find the RHODIMG.nbh. Something must be up to mean that it can't find it. Maybe try deleting them and extract from the archive again ? Or put them in a different place on your PC. Where is it running from ? Try creating an empty folder on your desktop, put the 2 files in there, and run it from there.
11th June 2010, 09:02 PM   |  #908  

14 posts
@ steviewevie
I love you! problem solved...

-----

forgot to mention HOW it is solved...

i guess i never actually extracted the folder like i thought i had already done - PLUS i kept it separate from ALL other rom's i was trying to flash
Last edited by kimnjace08; 11th June 2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: oh yeah...
11th June 2010, 09:45 PM   |  #909  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag UK

5,319 posts
More
Cool, glad you got it sorted
13th June 2010, 01:07 AM   |  #910  

2 posts
Alright I'm flashing my new Tilt 2 for the first time. I'm trying to flash HardSPL and every time it tells me there's a fatal error and to check if the device is synced. The device is synced, I can access it and move files to it and everything. I have no idea what the problem is. I tried running the manual SSPL exe but it just caused my phone to freeze and I got no black screen. I'm getting very frustrated. I just want to install a custom rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hardspl, original, rom, stock, vodafone
Previous Thread Next Thread