Freeware - MemoMe a voice memo to your mail box
a new version is now available for android - go to google play
after a long time where i had so many tips and software solutions from this community it is about time a put something back to it.
i have been looking for an application to allow me record a voice memo and send it to myself as a reminder with a voice clip attached.
found a commercial program that did not do it as i wanted so had decided to do it myself.
MemoMe is a light application that enables you to record your memo when you just got an idea or remembered something you do not want to forget, like when you drive or just do your shopping... it goes to your mail or your secretary mail etc. easy to use and configure. it supports all WM devices and all screens.
MemoMe uses any one of your existing email account so no data is passed on and your personal info is untouched, this is mainly for security reasons so no
one can use your smtp info or expose your user is & password.
as said it is offered as a freeware to all as a tribute to this wonderful comunity.
as per donations etc - is you feel like donating, please think of someone who really needs it like poor children etc or donate to charity.
a nice thank you is much more than i need.
OK, the first official release is now available for download.
change log from the pre - release:
- UI was completely changed.
- many internal engine changes
- sound effects were added
- the send engine was totaly changed and due to security reasons there is no direct SMTP support at all. the only mechanism supported is sending the Memo using the internal outlook engine. any existing account can be used and the configurator shows all available options. in the older version there was a need to provide your SMTP server, username and password - not very good for security...
this way no sensitive data is stored to be a potential risk.
if i will find a way to use a public service or any other option were no info will be stored i will consider.
setup & update procedure:
just download one of the setup packages either EXE or CAB and install it
if you have installed any older version i recommend you uninstall it and delete the folder to make sure nothing is left behind
run the config utility and just follow the few selections and save.
very easy to use and nothing to write a manual for
now you can use the MemoMe app and enjoy !
for any questions or requests or ... just let me know
may you all have a great weekend
=============== 16/09/2009 ================ Version update ==========================
there is an update available for download at the same links above
- AutoPilot: it is now possible to set the app to load in auto pilot mode where it does not show all 4 buttons etc. the app loads directly in recording mode where there is one big stop recording button on screen. tapping the stop recording button will automatically send the memo and exit.
naturaly the standard mode is also available - look at the configurator screen...
- SoundCompress: there is an option to dramatically compress the memo file sise (for internet air time saving) a typical 300 KB file will be ~20KB (!!), of course voice quality will be a slightly lower... but realy not too much
- Splash screen time is neerly nothing now on the AutoPilot mode...
- Configurator is automatically loaded if first run or no INI. no need to exit and run configurator...
- internal engine modifications...
- no change in pricing model - this is still the same - free
in spite of huge interest from mobile operators to use it as an embedded application to increase data the application will stay freeware.
will be glad to have your comments (and wish lists)
===================================== 19/12/2009 ================================
a new version is now available for download - 1.5.0
- a major UI change was done and major internal engine
- the audio quality is well kept but can now bw compressed
- you can now select a differentrecording time by just entering your rec time value in seconds
- any device - any OS version - any screen resolution
this is the last and final freeware version as the application will now go to its commercial phase with many more features.
for most of us this basic version is exactly what we need...
=======================Version update to 1.5.1 =============== January 20 2010 ======================
a new version is available from the link above
- time recording bug - fixed
- compression bug fixed
- added indicators for compression mode and time recording / time left
====================== version update to 1.6.0 ================== Jan 23 2010 =======================
new version, answering to most requests
1. audio engine completly renewed - now normal audio will go as WAV and compressed as OGG
2. in AutoPilot you can pause and resume as much as you like. don't forget to set the option in config...
3. the app can now hide for faster reload - set in config...
4. you can set the subject - allow in config...
5. minor internal fixes
note: if you use soundFX you will get a beep in audio file every time you pause so you can know where you paused
if it is not wanted stop soundfx in config