Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

Ozone Verizon (Cedar): SSPL, HardSPL and original SPL by JockyW

OP jockyw2001

14th December 2009, 09:11 PM   |  #121  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Angry This is getting ridiculous.
I've read through this thread 10 times now and tried it on three different machines. All with the same result. 00.39.000 locked bootloader.

Here's the steps I've taken from start to finish:

1) Reset the phone to factory defaults
2) Re-Activated my phone from *228
3) Removed microSD and SIM card
4) App Unlocked phone.
5) Slowed USB Connection on phone settings
6) Run auto.bat from JockyW's HardSPL
6a) JumpSPL copies over without issue
6b) sspl-cedar-0.39 copies over without issue
6c) Asked is USB is disabled. I disable USB
6d) I click OK on the phone. Black screen Comes up, and device shows a HTC USB Device in Device manager
7) Flash of bios occurs 10-15seconds the wizard completes and my phone reboots.
8) I enter into Bootloader mode and NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Very Frustrating. The only thing I haven't been able to do is slow the USB device down to legacy USB in the Bios. The two Dell Notebooks, the one dell desktop, and the biostar system I have don't allow for that option in the bios.

Am I missing something?

Update: Still no success I finally got access to a machine (Windows XP x64 SP 2) that allows for the USB standard to be lowered to USB 1.0 in the bios. Tried the whole process again and still have the Locked Bootloader 00.39.0000. This is driving me nuts. Please someone give me a little advice. Oh and I downloaded Qmat and check the level is at '0' before I proceed with the flash.

Update 2: Tried something New I did a rest of the user space this time. To accomplish that I powered up the phone while holding down the Volume Down and Send Key at the same time. Ran through the whole process again and NO LUCK!! I must have the only phone that is un-unlock-able!
Last edited by smtelegadis; 17th December 2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Is it possible it's already unlocked.
16th December 2009, 08:05 PM   |  #122  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
memory loss?
After running hardspl successfully my free storage memory is only 6.94MB when I flash the WinMO 6.5 it is reduced to .04MB and I cannot install any applications or do much else. This is the second phone I have flashed and the first went fine but this one seems to lose it's memory somewhere. Any Ideas?
18th December 2009, 01:08 AM   |  #123  
Flag LA
Thanks Meter: 104

1,480 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smtelegadis

I've read through this thread 10 times now and tried it on three different machines. All with the same result. 00.39.000 locked bootloader.

Here's the steps I've taken from start to finish:

1) Reset the phone to factory defaults
2) Re-Activated my phone from *228
3) Removed microSD and SIM card
4) App Unlocked phone.
5) Slowed USB Connection on phone settings
6) Run auto.bat from JockyW's HardSPL
6a) JumpSPL copies over without issue
6b) sspl-cedar-0.39 copies over without issue
6c) Asked is USB is disabled. I disable USB
6d) I click OK on the phone. Black screen Comes up, and device shows a HTC USB Device in Device manager
7) Flash of bios occurs 10-15seconds the wizard completes and my phone reboots.
8) I enter into Bootloader mode and NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Very Frustrating. The only thing I haven't been able to do is slow the USB device down to legacy USB in the Bios. The two Dell Notebooks, the one dell desktop, and the biostar system I have don't allow for that option in the bios.

Am I missing something?

Update: Still no success I finally got access to a machine (Windows XP x64 SP 2) that allows for the USB standard to be lowered to USB 1.0 in the bios. Tried the whole process again and still have the Locked Bootloader 00.39.0000. This is driving me nuts. Please someone give me a little advice. Oh and I downloaded Qmat and check the level is at '0' before I proceed with the flash.

Update 2: Tried something New I did a rest of the user space this time. To accomplish that I powered up the phone while holding down the Volume Down and Send Key at the same time. Ran through the whole process again and NO LUCK!! I must have the only phone that is un-unlock-able!

You have to try a USB hub or some other form of USB connection. I have seen this with newer USB. Keep trying. Try a cheap USB 1.1 hub. Maybe a laptop?
18th December 2009, 03:04 PM   |  #124  

10 posts
You've renewed my Faith!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ookba

You have to try a USB hub or some other form of USB connection. I have seen this with newer USB. Keep trying. Try a cheap USB 1.1 hub. Maybe a laptop?

First many thanks for your reply. I was getting desperate and even resorted to trying different USB cables, but I'll go back to the stock cable and use an old Staples hub I'm pretty sure its USB 1.1. Update to follow.

Funny thing is originally I tried this on two different laptops a Dell D600 (Win XP x86) and a Dell D410 (Win Vista x86). I even tried them through the docking stations port replicators. I tried ever port on the machines. The last machine I used was a Dell 4700 (Win XP x86). In each instance the OS prompts for faster result use a 2.0 device. I did read somewhere in the thread that Dell's BIOS don't allow for legacy USB mode, and sure enough I able to find that setting either.

If this doesn't succeed I'm going to screen capture the process on the pc and video the device. So this way at least I can video the process of my frustration.

Thanks again,

BTW: The phone is not activated on Verizon service but PagePlus Cellular (A Verizon MVNO). I didn't mention that before but I figured I would now. I don't feel it's relevant, but you never know.

Update: I have an old USB hub in the basement. Tried the process again on the oldest laptop I own and still luck. I purchased this phone used on EBAY is it possible that it is already unlocked?
Last edited by smtelegadis; 19th December 2009 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Update: USB Hub still no luck.
19th December 2009, 02:29 AM   |  #125  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smtelegadis

...I tried this on two different laptops a Dell D600 (Win XP x86) and a Dell D410 (Win Vista x86)...

I had many problems as well, tried 20 or times on desktop and D600 with Windows 7, always failed. Finally got it to work on the D600 with XP SP3, but not until the second attempt.
20th December 2009, 06:12 AM   |  #126  

10 posts
Success at last
Quote:
Originally Posted by E367BL

I had many problems as well, tried 20 or times on desktop and D600 with Windows 7, always failed. Finally got it to work on the D600 with XP SP3, but not until the second attempt.

Gave it one more shot on the D600 Dell using the Top USB port. Windows XP SP3 and it finally shows 00.39.Hard.

Donations made many thanks!!
30th December 2009, 09:34 PM   |  #127  
Flag München
Thanks Meter: 3

211 posts
Donate to Me
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by richallen1

After running hardspl successfully my free storage memory is only 6.94MB when I flash the WinMO 6.5 it is reduced to .04MB and I cannot install any applications or do much else. This is the second phone I have flashed and the first went fine but this one seems to lose it's memory somewhere. Any Ideas?

after flashing my ozone with the ookba 6.5 rom i have 100% the same problem!
i can see the boot-logo and thats it! No functional phone.

I flashed back to 6.1 and have also this memory problem. The phone works but the memory is to low!

My hope was an official rom.

Now with the official 6.5 ozone rom my phone works, but the same with the low memory!

Anyone has an idea ? Why the memory is lost ?

cheers

PS: happy new year
1st January 2010, 04:23 AM   |  #128  

20 posts
Official Verizon Rom Break Unlocking
I just installed the official WinMo 6.5 rom and the SPL-0.44.0000. Can I still unlock it?
1st January 2010, 04:25 AM   |  #129  
Flag LA
Thanks Meter: 104

1,480 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyHouse98

I just installed the official WinMo 6.5 rom and the SPL-0.44.0000. Can I still unlock it?

May be harder now. If the ROM software and registry locks the phone, you'll have a heck of a time getting back to HardSPL. Try it and see!? Run SDA_ApplicationUnlock and see if it works or says, "phone is not unlockable".
2nd January 2010, 11:26 PM   |  #130  

20 posts
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by ookba

May be harder now. If the ROM software and registry locks the phone, you'll have a heck of a time getting back to HardSPL. Try it and see!? Run SDA_ApplicationUnlock and see if it works or says, "phone is not unlockable".

I tried it a few times with the app unlock and it never gave me any error with or without it. Everything appeared to work fine. Perhaps you just can't go backwards, i.e .44 to .39?

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread