Post Reply

Partitioned sd card

OP selfkself

23rd August 2009, 07:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 0
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
How do you put music and pictures on partitioned sd card that i have stored on my laptop
23rd August 2009, 07:40 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfkself

How do you put music and pictures on partitioned sd card that i have stored on my laptop

hook it up via usb to your laptop, pull down the notification bar, hit the usb notification, press mount... after that it should show up as a removable drive in your "my computer" folder... typically windows also uses the autoplay feature so that you can choose what you want to do with the mounted sd card
23rd August 2009, 07:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 0
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motivecc

hook it up via usb to your laptop, pull down the notification bar, hit the usb notification, press mount... after that it should show up as a removable drive in your "my computer" folder... typically windows also uses the autoplay feature so that you can choose what you want to do with the mounted sd card

just drag and drop.how do the files get to the right places.my sd card has partitioned to run a Hero Rom
Last edited by selfkself; 23rd August 2009 at 07:46 PM. Reason: left out sentence
23rd August 2009, 07:56 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
the phone automatically searches for both music and pictures in your sd card.. you can drag and drop and store them wherever you want... if you're OCD like me, put pictures in the DCIM folder which is where pictures are stored after you take them with the camera or camcorder application... music can pretty much go anywhere
23rd August 2009, 08:03 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 0
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motivecc

the phone automatically searches for both music and pictures in your sd card.. you can drag and drop and store them wherever you want... if you're OCD like me, put pictures in the DCIM folder which is where pictures are stored after you take them with the camera or camcorder application... music can pretty much go anywhere

cool,thanks for the help.after all the time in invested in rooting,partitioning,installing Hero rom,didn't think it could be that easy,LOL
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes