Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,053 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Partitioned sd card

Tip us?

selfkself
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Partitioned sd card

How do you put music and pictures on partitioned sd card that i have stored on my laptop

motivecc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfkself View Post
How do you put music and pictures on partitioned sd card that i have stored on my laptop
hook it up via usb to your laptop, pull down the notification bar, hit the usb notification, press mount... after that it should show up as a removable drive in your "my computer" folder... typically windows also uses the autoplay feature so that you can choose what you want to do with the mounted sd card

selfkself
Old
(Last edited by selfkself; 23rd August 2009 at 07:46 PM.) Reason: left out sentence
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by motivecc View Post
hook it up via usb to your laptop, pull down the notification bar, hit the usb notification, press mount... after that it should show up as a removable drive in your "my computer" folder... typically windows also uses the autoplay feature so that you can choose what you want to do with the mounted sd card
just drag and drop.how do the files get to the right places.my sd card has partitioned to run a Hero Rom

motivecc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
the phone automatically searches for both music and pictures in your sd card.. you can drag and drop and store them wherever you want... if you're OCD like me, put pictures in the DCIM folder which is where pictures are stored after you take them with the camera or camcorder application... music can pretty much go anywhere

selfkself
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by motivecc View Post
the phone automatically searches for both music and pictures in your sd card.. you can drag and drop and store them wherever you want... if you're OCD like me, put pictures in the DCIM folder which is where pictures are stored after you take them with the camera or camcorder application... music can pretty much go anywhere
cool,thanks for the help.after all the time in invested in rooting,partitioning,installing Hero rom,didn't think it could be that easy,LOL