ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Root /Hack/ T-Mobile MyTouch USA the easy way

OP andreev2001

24th September 2009, 08:25 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Is "One-Click" root really root?
The short answer is yes. The "One-Click" method does REALLY root your MT3G. My question is have you flashed a rom after you flashed the recovery.img. If not I suggest, as has andreev2001, trying the "stable" 4.0.4 Cyanogen rom found at this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=537204.

Here is a link w/video on how to flash roms from theunlockr.com: http://theunlockr.com/2009/08/22/how...g-best-method/

Cyanogen's roms are lightning fast, and there is a "CMUpdater" app available in the "Market" to make updating your roms much easier.

Here is a link to the Official Cyanogen website with SH** LOADS of information: http://www.cyanogenmod.com/

There is also a Cyanogen YouTube channel coming soon subscribe today!! This guy is up-to-date on all this rooting stuff.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
24th September 2009, 08:37 PM   |  #12  
Houston, TX

18 posts
More
RotoRoot - I definitely do not have root. I cannot su to root, nor will Wifi tether work for me. I have used Cyan's ROMS on my G1 for a long time and can attest to their quality. I have yet to flash any ROM, which may actually change the file permissoins to allow the actual "root" access. I would say unless I did something wrong (I followed the steps on theunlockr.com) it is a mis-nomer to say that one-click gives you root, no?
24th September 2009, 10:10 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,303

5,626 posts
Donate to Me
More
Root worked fine for me after using the one-click root.
Be sure to check the rom, it might not have Superuser.apk in it.
If it does, idk then.
24th September 2009, 11:48 PM   |  #14  

18 posts
Im not sure what to tell you...I did the one-click and have root. I am able to do Wifi-tether and apps2sd without any issue. SU is working fine for me as well, and I followed theunlockr.com to the "T". Maybe on download the recovery.img was corrupt (don't panic, this does happen occasionally). I would flash the stock .nbh and try the full process again. Sorry man, many others have had success with this process so I would wonder if maybe the download was corrupt.

Here is a link to unroot: http://theunlockr.com/2009/08/22/how...ur-mytouch-3g/

GOOD LUCK!!
25th September 2009, 05:15 AM   |  #15  
Houston, TX

18 posts
More
Weird, tried to flash a Cyan ROM and watched the logcat have mega failures. Fortunately I had done a Nandroid backup and restored just fine using the recovery loaded in the "one-click" process. I will try again... Thanks for the help!
26th September 2009, 08:19 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 1,101

4,850 posts
More
I just wanted to say thanks for the guide, rooting went smooth and it was easy, this should be the official tmo root method.
26th September 2009, 08:35 PM   |  #17  
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 1

181 posts
More
*edit* Already covered.
Last edited by Thats BS; 26th September 2009 at 08:37 PM.
3rd October 2009, 09:21 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 1,101

4,850 posts
More
Bump, for the ppl askin about rooting. Can y'all help add some tags so this thread will show up in searches? I did the first two, thanks.
3rd October 2009, 11:14 AM   |  #19  
Flag Nashik
Thanks Meter: 22

316 posts
More
I think 1.6 Update the Kernel is Patched and may be One Click Root will not work Properly

!!!
3rd October 2009, 11:25 AM   |  #20  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 122

1,105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetaldp

I think 1.6 Update the Kernel is Patched and may be One Click Root will not work Properly

!!!

Just get the sappimg.nbh file and flash that through bootloader (hboot). You will be back on 1.5 rom. Then you can install recovery flasher and flash your recovery with Anom Ra's, and from there, you can flash your rom and spl of choice.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
1 click root, mytouch rooting, sappimg.nbh, unroot
Previous Thread Next Thread