Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,509 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root /Hack/ T-Mobile MyTouch USA the easy way

Tip us?

RotoRooted
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Is "One-Click" root really root?

The short answer is yes. The "One-Click" method does REALLY root your MT3G. My question is have you flashed a rom after you flashed the recovery.img. If not I suggest, as has andreev2001, trying the "stable" 4.0.4 Cyanogen rom found at this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=537204.

Here is a link w/video on how to flash roms from theunlockr.com: http://theunlockr.com/2009/08/22/how...g-best-method/

Cyanogen's roms are lightning fast, and there is a "CMUpdater" app available in the "Market" to make updating your roms much easier.

Here is a link to the Official Cyanogen website with SH** LOADS of information: http://www.cyanogenmod.com/

There is also a Cyanogen YouTube channel coming soon subscribe today!! This guy is up-to-date on all this rooting stuff.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

jggenius
Old
Thanks Meter 0
RotoRoot - I definitely do not have root. I cannot su to root, nor will Wifi tether work for me. I have used Cyan's ROMS on my G1 for a long time and can attest to their quality. I have yet to flash any ROM, which may actually change the file permissoins to allow the actual "root" access. I would say unless I did something wrong (I followed the steps on theunlockr.com) it is a mis-nomer to say that one-click gives you root, no?

eugene373
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7298

DONATE TO ME
Root worked fine for me after using the one-click root.
Be sure to check the rom, it might not have Superuser.apk in it.
If it does, idk then.

RotoRooted
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Im not sure what to tell you...I did the one-click and have root. I am able to do Wifi-tether and apps2sd without any issue. SU is working fine for me as well, and I followed theunlockr.com to the "T". Maybe on download the recovery.img was corrupt (don't panic, this does happen occasionally). I would flash the stock .nbh and try the full process again. Sorry man, many others have had success with this process so I would wonder if maybe the download was corrupt.

Here is a link to unroot: http://theunlockr.com/2009/08/22/how...ur-mytouch-3g/

GOOD LUCK!!

jggenius
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Weird, tried to flash a Cyan ROM and watched the logcat have mega failures. Fortunately I had done a Nandroid backup and restored just fine using the recovery loaded in the "one-click" process. I will try again... Thanks for the help!

phatmanxxl
Old
Thanks Meter 1084
I just wanted to say thanks for the guide, rooting went smooth and it was easy, this should be the official tmo root method.
I am phatman and I am a flashaholic
LG G2 D800

Thats BS
Old
(Last edited by Thats BS; 26th September 2009 at 07:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
*edit* Already covered.
-Black G1- Cyanogen's 5.0.7 - SPL 1.33.2005- Recovery: RA-dream-v1.7.0
-Black MT3G- Cyanogen's 5.0.7 - SPL 1.33.2005- Recovery: RA-magic-v1.7.0G
-Nexus One- CyanogenMod- RA Recovery-
-Big thanks to- Cyanogen, MarcusMaximus, Crotalusfreak, davidemartindale and the rest of the community that feeds my addiction.
Follow me http://www.twitter.com/ongoingbs

phatmanxxl
Old
Thanks Meter 1084
Bump, for the ppl askin about rooting. Can y'all help add some tags so this thread will show up in searches? I did the first two, thanks.
I am phatman and I am a flashaholic
LG G2 D800

hetaldp
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I think 1.6 Update the Kernel is Patched and may be One Click Root will not work Properly

!!!

DOHCtor
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetaldp View Post
I think 1.6 Update the Kernel is Patched and may be One Click Root will not work Properly

!!!
Just get the sappimg.nbh file and flash that through bootloader (hboot). You will be back on 1.5 rom. Then you can install recovery flasher and flash your recovery with Anom Ra's, and from there, you can flash your rom and spl of choice.

T-Mobile G1 - First
MyTouch 3G - Second
Nexus One - Third
Nexus S - Fourth
Galaxy Nexus - Fifth
Nexus 7 - Sixth
Nexus 4 - Seventh
Nexus 5 - Current

I'm a Google Fan

Tags
1 click root, mytouch rooting, sappimg.nbh, unroot