Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 38,245 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SIM card not inserted - anyone else had this problem?

Tip us?

langauld
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Exclamation SIM card not inserted - anyone else had this problem?

Hi all,

Just got home, looked at my mobile and it said there was no signal - so I turned it off and back on again, then it said there was no SIM inserted. Keep restarting the phone, keeps saying the same thing. Why?!

Am going to try it in my old SE K850i to see if it's the SIM card or the phone at fault.

In the mean time, does anyone else know of this fault and how to fix..?

I didn't the drop the phone or anything, it was just in my pocket, on it's own - like it always is!

Cheers

langauld
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Tried it in my K850, works fine. Please someone help

toshinden5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
yeah i usually dont put the sim card all the way in but slightly in and it works

Fallen Spartan
Old
(Last edited by Fallen Spartan; 25th August 2009 at 11:02 AM.)
Moderator Committee - Irish Pride, Spartan Legacy
Thanks Meter 4,405
Location: Belfast, Ireland Likes: Whiskey & XDA Dislikes: No whiskey

DONATE TO ME
I've re-opened this thread due to me misreading....DOH! Apologies (Mental note to one self.......follow own advice and read before posting).

Ta

Rick
If I have helped you, support Parkinson's
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.” ~ John Lennon

v3n0m
Old
Thanks Meter 0
you could try to clean the contacts on the sim card connector of the phone with a q-tip, and see if that solves the problem.
also check if any of those contacts appears to be bent or something, and so doesn't make a connection with the card.

Ronap
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Everytime I open the back up to remove the SD card, I get the SIM card missing bit even though I have not touched it! My HD is only 3 months old and it has done this from the start. I just have to remove it a bit - shove it back in and the phone accepts it is there. Annoying but not enough for me to send it back.

v3n0m
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hmm, maybe try to make the sim a bit thicker so it doesnt move around (it shouldn't move by removing the back cover, but it seems to happen on your phone / sim combination.

try putting a thin piece of paper on top of the sim (not the contacts side, but the side facing to the battery cover)

maybe that prevents this problem?

Thysiej
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Missing simcard

I have the same problem with my simcard. Though something strange happens when the phone is off for more then 10min, it works fine and notices there is a simcard for like 30 sec after which the error pops-up again. I have tried all of the above things, my simcard works fine in my other phone, adding some paper to thicken it doesn't work either

Anyone who could help me with this?
P.S. sorry for the bad english

andreasfuntastic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
As in post 7# written, put some papersheet in the simholder above your simcard to increase the contactpreasure. This surely helps.
Tis trick is also useful for all dualsim users who thik the dualsimadapter does not work in their device (but after using this trick get astonished!)
Touch HD2 - ROM: 1.66 Ger
Touch HD - ROM: 1.56 Ger
Touch Diamond - ROM: 2.03 Ger
HTC-TYTN /SN 628 - ROM: WM6 3.54 Ger
QTEK 2020i - ROM: 1.11.01 GER

andreasfuntastic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
for Thysiey:
Try to switch to Gsm mode to test . Maybe you have bad umts signal? Happens at other places too, or only at one place?
Touch HD2 - ROM: 1.66 Ger
Touch HD - ROM: 1.56 Ger
Touch Diamond - ROM: 2.03 Ger
HTC-TYTN /SN 628 - ROM: WM6 3.54 Ger
QTEK 2020i - ROM: 1.11.01 GER