Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

SIM card not inserted - anyone else had this problem?

OP langauld

24th August 2009, 08:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Leicester
Thanks Meter: 3

66 posts
More
Hi all,

Just got home, looked at my mobile and it said there was no signal - so I turned it off and back on again, then it said there was no SIM inserted. Keep restarting the phone, keeps saying the same thing. Why?!

Am going to try it in my old SE K850i to see if it's the SIM card or the phone at fault.

In the mean time, does anyone else know of this fault and how to fix..?

I didn't the drop the phone or anything, it was just in my pocket, on it's own - like it always is!

Cheers
24th August 2009, 08:28 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Leicester
Thanks Meter: 3

66 posts
More
Tried it in my K850, works fine. Please someone help
24th August 2009, 10:35 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
yeah i usually dont put the sim card all the way in but slightly in and it works
25th August 2009, 09:04 AM   |  #4  
Moderator Committee - Irish Pride, Spartan Legacy
Flag Belfast, Ireland Likes: Whiskey & XDA Dislikes: No whiskey
Thanks Meter: 4,461

23,095 posts
Donate to Me
I've re-opened this thread due to me misreading....DOH! Apologies (Mental note to one self.......follow own advice and read before posting).

Ta

Rick
Last edited by Fallen Spartan; 25th August 2009 at 11:02 AM.
25th August 2009, 12:18 PM   |  #5  

21 posts
you could try to clean the contacts on the sim card connector of the phone with a q-tip, and see if that solves the problem.
also check if any of those contacts appears to be bent or something, and so doesn't make a connection with the card.
25th August 2009, 06:14 PM   |  #6  
Flag Daventry

1 posts
More
Everytime I open the back up to remove the SD card, I get the SIM card missing bit even though I have not touched it! My HD is only 3 months old and it has done this from the start. I just have to remove it a bit - shove it back in and the phone accepts it is there. Annoying but not enough for me to send it back.
25th August 2009, 07:00 PM   |  #7  

21 posts
hmm, maybe try to make the sim a bit thicker so it doesnt move around (it shouldn't move by removing the back cover, but it seems to happen on your phone / sim combination.

try putting a thin piece of paper on top of the sim (not the contacts side, but the side facing to the battery cover)

maybe that prevents this problem?
24th March 2010, 09:52 PM   |  #8  

1 posts
Missing simcard
I have the same problem with my simcard. Though something strange happens when the phone is off for more then 10min, it works fine and notices there is a simcard for like 30 sec after which the error pops-up again. I have tried all of the above things, my simcard works fine in my other phone, adding some paper to thicken it doesn't work either

Anyone who could help me with this?
P.S. sorry for the bad english
27th March 2010, 01:24 PM   |  #9  

95 posts
As in post 7# written, put some papersheet in the simholder above your simcard to increase the contactpreasure. This surely helps.
Tis trick is also useful for all dualsim users who thik the dualsimadapter does not work in their device (but after using this trick get astonished!)
27th March 2010, 01:30 PM   |  #10  

95 posts
for Thysiey:
Try to switch to Gsm mode to test . Maybe you have bad umts signal? Happens at other places too, or only at one place?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread