Iolite Hard-SPL Unlocker - Released
well, Hard-SPL is released now! sorry for delay, I got distracted elsewhere
NOTE: This is NOT a SIM unlocker - it also doesn't unlock Security for other radios. if you need that, GO HERE
Donations are always appreciated to the big link in our signature ("elite project"). You can also donate via the link offered in the new Hard-SPL program. Thank you!!
first an important note, if you want to flash more than one Iolite, contact cmonex for additional licenses via http://support.htc-unlocks.com
. (the first license is transparently granted and free, so normal users do not need to worry.)
0) this package is for Iolite (Touch Cruise II/2009) devices. for any IOLI***** so far (SSPL loader checks this and gives a warning if needed), afaik there is no CDMA version so all the model variations should be fine.
1) if you have vista, WMDC update is recommended: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ce-center.mspx
read this if unsure how to install Hard-SPL...
1) download latest
Hard-SPL package (currently v1.10) from attachment, extract to an empty folder.
2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!!!
: internet access is required as the program checks online for updates and license.
4) run Iolite-Hard-SPL EXE
on PC, make sure it's launched from a local drive (not through network drive, etc.). if you are on vista, launching as Administrator is strongly recommended, on XP administrator login is required. important: if your AV (norton/symantec mainly) warns about a virus, ignore it, it just doesn't like the packer I used to pack the program.
5) if possible, always use Automatic flash mode (for uses of Manual mode, see troubleshooting section)
6) it will ask you to wait while it prepares for the flashing, press OK. follow steps in the program and then in the RUU.
7) some notes:
it should go through without any error messages, if one does pop up, then please follow the instructions included in the error text. if no specific instruction is shown, then ask for help in the thread, but this should not ever occur (as this means a really fatal error occurred).
when RUU says it will hard reset, do not worry, it is not going to do that. also when it says the flash will take 10 minutes, ignore that, it will only take a minute or so.
8) device should go to a tricolour screen now that says 1.09.C-SSPL, this is the SSPL version, which is temporary.
9) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
10) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 1.09.OliNex, which is the Hard-SPL version.
NOTE: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot, that is the OS version, not SPL!
to enter SPL to check version, fully power the device off by long press of power key, then power on while holding the "volume down" key on the left side of the device. keep holding the volume down key until you see tricolour screen which is the bootloader mode, then release it.
NOTE 2: this is unsigned Hard-SPL. no limitations on flashing ROMs or radio packages. also, this has overwrite protection against HTC RUU's overwriting HSPL with a stock one, so if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, a stock SPL downgrade package will soon be posted in this post as well. use this relocker *only* if you need to return the phone for warranty, and only use it as last step - after reflashing stock OS and radio. see steps at the end of this post about how to reflash stock SPL.
NOTE 3: do not use this RUU for anything other than SPL flashing (i.e. hardspl or stock spl restore)!!! nothing other than SPL's made by Olinex team (using OliNex custom cert, which is not public) will flash to make SSPL more secure. if you want to flash some other rom, then use shipped RUU or customRUU if you need to flash cooked ROM.
- read the instructions above.
- read the instructions above.
- read the instructions above.
Manual flash mode for USB issues:
you should usually go for Automatic flash mode; you must only attempt the Manual mode option if Automatic flash mode or SSPL-Manual.exe already put device in SSPL tricolour screen and you got USB issues. any other errors triggered while running in Autoflash mode will have to be fixed as instructed in the error message.
- afaik no CDMA model, so doesn't matter but let me know if you got any problems.
nothing happens on the device, does not enter tricolour screen mode:
- anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please make sure you watch the device screen if it asks about running files. also try unchecking advanced usb functionality in settings.
- if it crashes instead of entering SSPL, you need to use Automatic mode.
general usb connection error problems if you get connection error in RUU after the device goes to 1.09.C-SSPL screen:
- try manual SSPL: copy SSPL-Manual-Iolite exe to the device and run it, then when it went to 1.09.C-SSPL tricolour screen and shows "USB" at the bottom in this screen, use Manual option in the Hard-SPL program on the PC.
- make sure device was still synced via USB to the PC at the point of it entering SSPL (the 1.09.C-SSPL screen)!
- try a different USB port
- try different USB cable
- do not touch USB cable during the process especially if it is already a bit dodgy
- also do not use USB hub
- you can also try rebooting your PC
- and you can try using another PC.
- also you can try unticking advanced network functionality in start menu / settings / connections / usbtopc applet.
- another reason for USB connection error: if your PC takes too long to load the drivers (if your device is in bootloader for the first time and perhaps if you are on vista), then if RUU times out, but device still says "USB" on the tricolour screen, just leave it there and re-run the RUU when driver installation finishes.
- finally, you can try disabling antivirus or firewall programs on the PC.
- if Enterbootloader.exe fails to run (says missing component or similar), try a hard reset of the device.
- if device reboots instead of going to SSPL screen (1.09.C-SSPL), contact us by PM'ing cmonex. do not PM OliNex user, that is not monitored frequently.
How to reflash Stock/Shipped SPL - STEP BY STEP - FOR WARRANTY REASONS ONLY!:
0. please make sure you already flashed stock ROM and radio, because stock SPL flash is *always* the last step before sending the device in.
1. take the SPL relocker attachment, and run the EXE - this will flash 1.09.0000 stock SPL. simple as that!
3. verify if it flashed by checking version in tricolour screen, it should say 1.09.0000.
first, "OliNex" is a team which means: cmonex + Olipro
Olipro -> EXE program concept that runs on the PC, Hard-SPL concept, server code, maintaining licenses
cmonex -> new PC EXE & SSPL loader for windows mobile and SSPL binary. Hard-SPL binary. (SSPL loader: partially based on haret and old pof&Olipro jumpspl code)