Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,145 Members 36,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[app] [Aug 26] Google Maps Mobile v3.2.1

Tip us?

d0ugie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default [app] [Aug 26] Google Maps Mobile v3.2.1

How's it hanging xda? So every now and then I check to see if a new version of GMM is available so I can try to post it here first for those of you who gotta have the highest version number or cook it in roms. Not much of a hacking development, just posting for your convenience; so here's a fresh one, version 3.2.1.

Here's a vague changelog of 3.2.* but I think the only noticeable difference between this and 3.2.0 is a better layering manager. And of course the version number, they improved that a notch.

Doug
Attached Files
File Type: cab GoogleMaps_v3.2.1.cab - [Click for QR Code] (1.01 MB, 1762 views)
see at&t get its ass kicked right here
get battery facts from batteryboss.org

mimosoft
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ugie View Post
How's it hanging xda? So every now and then I check to see if a new version of GMM is available so I can try to post it here first for those of you who gotta have the highest version number or cook it in roms. Not much of a hacking development, just posting for your convenience; so here's a fresh one, version 3.2.1.

Here's a vague changelog of 3.2.* but I think the only noticeable difference between this and 3.2.0 is a better layering manager. And of course the version number, they improved that a notch.

Doug
thx! now i dont need to look because you can inform me in this thread

sudermatt
Old
Thanks Meter 69
weird...I get "install unsuccessfull" on my TP
Current Carrier: Verizon
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note Trois
Past Devices: SGN2, SGS3, D2, Droid, TP2, TouchPro, xv6800, xv6600, sx5050, HP 6315, HP Jornada 568, HP Jornada 650, HP Jornada 350
Shameless Plug : http://gennexmobility.wordpress.com

sudermatt
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudermatt View Post
weird...I get "install unsuccessfull" on my TP
never mind...must have piggy backed on another install and it got confused.
Current Carrier: Verizon
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note Trois
Past Devices: SGN2, SGS3, D2, Droid, TP2, TouchPro, xv6800, xv6600, sx5050, HP 6315, HP Jornada 568, HP Jornada 650, HP Jornada 350
Shameless Plug : http://gennexmobility.wordpress.com

@rj*n
Old
Thanks Meter 13
thx for the update and thread bro! i see tht they've added 'Places of Interest' & 'Favourite Places'- good to find new places/info and yh as u said a better layering system Thx again
Current: SGS II
ROM: Stock/Rooted

Previous: Nexus One & HTC Touch Elf

schwillyd530
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default OEM

Sweeet....any chance of an OEM?

MOBGangsta184
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does this version support background location updating?

commodoor
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Thnx for sharing.

echomatics
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for posting this!

d0ugie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default traffic improvement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBGangsta184 View Post
Does this version support background location updating?
Yeah, if you're referring to Latitude.

Another thing it does that I don't remember 3.2.0 doing (but I could be wrong, maybe it had this) is give traffic for major avenues and cross streets in my city at least. Before it just gave the FDR, the West Side Highway and the bridges and tunnels whereas now you can see what's doing on Broadway, Park Avenue, 57th Street, Malcolm X Boulevard -- not all but most major arteries (I'm in NYC, btw). Very nice. Here, look:

It might do that in other cities too, fiddle with it.

I just flashed TPC which, though otherwise badass, included some Bing application. I begrudgingly tested its maps thing. It's sad and irritating that Microsoft is trying really hard to play copycat (but sucking at it) with Google. Man I hate that company but I've got to admit some of those Bing ads are witty.

Which reminds me, my mom's Linux laptop just arrived, gotta head over and install KDE for her. She's 65, she can barely use the television remote but loves Linux and I love that I don't get nearly as many calls for help as I did when she was using MS. I'll use GMM to see how much crosstown traffic I'm looking at.

Just put all my IRA money into Google, parenthetically.

Doug
see at&t get its ass kicked right here
get battery facts from batteryboss.org

Tags
gmm, google maps, gps, navigation