Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GAME] 08-26-09 BubbleWrap

Tip us?

hermanm
Old
(Last edited by hermanm; 27th August 2009 at 06:35 PM.) Reason: Minor Update
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [GAME] 08-26-09 BubbleWrap

Anyone up for popping Bubble Wrap?

If you have to kill some time, it is always fun to pop bubble wrap, unfortunately it may run out...

Not anymore...

Virtual bubble wrap is the way to go. Pop as many bubbles as you can within 45 seconds, they do regenerate in a funky sort of way.

If you pop all the bubbles before one has a chance to regenerate you get your time left on the clock times 5 added to your score.

Enjoy...

Supports VGA, QVGA, WQVGA and WVGA

If you are missing opengl, try the attached libGLES_CM.cab

Update v1.1
New Icon, Fixed minor bug
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bubblewrap1.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	221026   Click image for larger version

Name:	bubblewrap2.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	221027  
Attached Files
File Type: cab BubbleSetup.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (273.8 KB, 1240 views)
File Type: cab libGLES.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (212.0 KB, 555 views)

bbonzz
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Cool as usual, mate
Like my work and want to offer me a beer?

DIY TV guide
Replace HTCAlbum with Resco Photo Manager

bugsykoosh
Old
Thanks Meter 4
works great on a Touch Pro 2...fun as usual
DavidK
of

olimo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cool game, but it works pretty slow on my iPAQ 214 Could you optimize it somehow?
Best regards,
hyberfrog

megosu
Old
Thanks Meter 22
is it normal that it is very slow ? (on a Diamond) without any UI (no manilla, no spb power shell... nothing).

It is like the screen is updated every seconds, I have time to pop out 10 bubbles before seeing them going flat :/

jimski
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Works great on my Fuze, but there is a memory problem. After exiting game nothing shows in Task Manager but an active process (looking through MemMaid) remains open, bubblewrap.exe 1.74mb.

If you open the game again you get a second process occurance even after closing. Hope this can be resolved. I am already addicted.
AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 - Black - OS; 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084

AT&T HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

hermanm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimski View Post
Works great on my Fuze, but there is a memory problem. After exiting game nothing shows in Task Manager but an active process (looking through MemMaid) remains open, bubblewrap.exe 1.74mb.

If you open the game again you get a second process occurance even after closing. Hope this can be resolved. I am already addicted.
i believe those issues are caused by opengl drivers you might have on your device, i ran the app on my phone (htc diamond) and it runs and closes without any issues. also tried on emulators and it seems to be fine. make sure that you do not have libGLES_CM.dll in the app directory (should be in windows dir only), also try to download attached libGLES.cab (i just put a different cab). let me know if it made any difference, thanks

megosu
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by megosu View Post
is it normal that it is very slow ? (on a Diamond) without any UI (no manilla, no spb power shell... nothing).

It is like the screen is updated every seconds, I have time to pop out 10 bubbles before seeing them going flat :/
OK, I have some news :

without your OGL cab (the one from yesterday) : I got an internal error, I had to soft reset my diamond.
I decided to add your OGL cab (I did the install on the external storage) : It was slow as hell.
Then I tried to install the OGL cab on the device : still slooooow

then I uninstalled the OGL and now it works as it should ! (I guess)
I managed to score 205 points.

Besides this technical problems, for me, it's almost impossible to flat down the bubbles once they start to regenerate. I manage to do it in one shot, but if a bubble starts to regenerate, I can't catch up because everything is almost popping back at the same time, and you have to wait after them to become ready before being able to flat them down another time :/

btw nice game

cincy1020
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hi:
I tried to install on a Fuze with ATT ROM. I keep getting a message that the installation was unsuccessful. I do have ample free memory.
Thanks!
Samsung Galaxy S3- White
Stock ROM

jimski
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanm View Post
i believe those issues are caused by opengl drivers you might have on your device, i ran the app on my phone (htc diamond) and it runs and closes without any issues. also tried on emulators and it seems to be fine. make sure that you do not have libGLES_CM.dll in the app directory (should be in windows dir only), also try to download attached libGLES.cab (i just put a different cab). let me know if it made any difference, thanks
I ugraded to the new HTC/ATT ROM last night so my device is now pretty clean (and much faster). I checked and I only have one LIBGLES_CM.dll on my device, located in the \windows\ folder. Size = 319.9K & date = 11/26/08. This is the same file that was on my original stock ROM. How is this file different from the one in your CAB? How will it affect my device? With a clean setup I just want to make sure I don't mess anything up.

BTW, I tried opening a half dozen games, including Magic 8 Ball and Peg Jump. None of the games left anything behind, but Bubblewrap still left the .exe running.

Thanks for your efforts.
AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 - Black - OS; 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084

AT&T HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Tags
bubble wrap, diamond, htc, opengl, windows mobile