5,595,000 Members 39,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Slide2Shutdown v1.1 [31/08/2009] (Now supports all resolutions!)

Tip us?

Cythrelo
Old
(Last edited by Cythrelo; 2nd September 2009 at 08:04 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Lightbulb [APP] Slide2Shutdown v1.1 [31/08/2009] (Now supports all resolutions!)

Along similar lines to S2U2, I've decided to make Slide2Shutdown! There's nothing special to configure, just install it and go. All resolutions should work fine (make sure you download QVGA for QVGA or WQVGA devices), but I only have the ability to test it on a VGA device so I can't guarantee how well it works in other resolutions. It also supports both portrait and landscape seamlessly.

There are four CABs available to install. They require version 3.5 of the .NET Compact Framework, the program won't run without it.
Slide2ShutdownSetup_v1.1.CAB just installs the application without mapping it to the power key. QVGA/WQVGA version.
Slide2ShutdownPowerKeySetup_v1.1.CAB installs the application, and maps it to the power key so that it will automatically launch when you hold down the power key. QVGA/WQVGA version.

There's no elaborate skinning method built-in, but the graphics are all stored in the \gfx\ folder and you can change them at will. Just replace the BMP files with your own files of the same dimensions.

Multiple language support is now available. You will find the available languages in the \lang\ folder. To enable your chosen language, open the txt file and change the first line to say "1" instead of "0".
Languages available:It should be pretty straightforward to create your own languages. Create a file called "lang.yourlanguage.txt". Make the first line 0. The second, third and fourth lines should be "slide to shutdown", "restart" and "sleep" respectively, and the last line should be the text for the cancel button. Please post your language file if you translate it, and I'll add it to the next version!

Changelog:
v1.1, 31/08/2009:
  • FIXED: HTC devices should shutdown properly now. HUGE thank you to DaveShaw for helping me with this. I don't think Omnia devices will though. Please send me a PM if you know how to rectify this.
  • ADDED: Support for multiple languages. French and German (thanks basthet!) included. See above for information on enabling this.
v1.0, 30/08/2009:
  • Initial release
  • BUG: Shutdown slider doesn't currently work well on many HTC phones (it only suspends), I'm looking into a fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide2Shutdown.jpg
Views:	52963
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	222225  
Attached Files
File Type: cab Slide2ShutdownSetup_v1.1.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (754.4 KB, 9351 views)
File Type: cab Slide2ShutdownSetup_QVGAv1.1.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (754.4 KB, 5506 views)
File Type: cab Slide2ShutdownPowerKeySetup_v1.1.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (755.1 KB, 13052 views)
File Type: cab Slide2ShutdownPowerKeySetup_QVGAv1.1.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (755.1 KB, 6180 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Cythrelo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rubbish.guy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for your great work!

I will report it, if it has bug.
Phone: HTC Touch Diamond
Rom: Ramdomly
udK Syrius Topaz R4
Cloudy 1.1
Diamond Full&Lite Ver 2.09.YK
Radio: 1.11.25.01

I'm a student in Hong Kong.
Sorry, I control noob English.

Zepiii
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Great idea

Lycox
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Great. Thanks a lot
My Skins: Linklist on Facebook
(for my older skins use the search function)

WEB:
HP | DEVIANTART | MYSPACE | Vote 4 me @ The DJ List

vishalm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
QVGA/WQVGA would be nice.
I'd like to have this mapped to my power key on my Omnia...
cheers.

dwizzy130
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cythrelo View Post
Along similar lines to S2U2, I've decided to make Slide2Shutdown! There's nothing special to configure, just install it and go. At the moment, it's VGA-only but if there's enough demand, I'll make a QVGA version as well! I haven't tested it in WVGA, but I don't see why it wouldn't work just fine. It also supports both portrait and landscape seamlessly.

There are two CABs available to install. They require version 3.5 of the .NET Compact Framework, the program won't run without it.
Slide2ShutdownSetup.CAB just installs the application without mapping it to the power key.
Slide2ShutdownPowerKeySetup.CAB installs the application, and maps it to the power key so that it will automatically launch when you hold down the power key.

There's no elaborate skinning method built-in, but if the graphics are all stored in the \gfx\ folder and you can change them at will. Just replace the BMP files with your own files of the same dimensions.

Changelog v1.0, 30/08/2009:
  • Initial release
  • BUG: Shutdown slider doesn't currently work well on many HTC phones (it only suspends), I'm looking into a fix.

Very, very cool.
Thanks,

dwizzy130

blazingwolf
Old
Thanks Meter 398

DONATE TO ME
WQVGA would be awesome.
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 (Stock), Nook HD (Dual boot stock and CM10.1)

In fire and EMS? Check out my apps on Google Play Pumper Calc and Code Log.

svprm
Old
Thanks Meter 365

DONATE TO ME
Nice Idea.
Wating for QVGA.

Suggestion:
1.At top:Center text:"Slide2Shut".
2.Move the three slide to centre.
3.Add some background.
4.Full Screen.
If you like my works,please DONATE to me.Thanks
Support my work by buying pro version

Mine:Xolo q700
Custom Rom

Dad: LG G pro lite
Try my Works:
My Works:

My Other Android works at:www.CyBApps.com

Old:HTC Touch,HTC Tattoo,Xerpia Mini pro,Xperia X10i and HTC Desire,Xperia Neo V,Galaxy Nexus (Bricked) ;(

jolas
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Very useful application!

It works well in Touch HD, except the bug you already mentioned.

I would like to ask you to add 'slide to screen off'.

Thank you!

Nexus 4 [Mahdi-Rom]

Cythrelo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Good news! It turns out that it was easier to add QVGA and WQVGA support than I thought it would be. I just added QVGA cabs to the first post, let me know if you have any problems since I can only test on emulators and not real devices.

Tags
iphone, power, shutdown, slide, slider