share internet from pc to android

OP giovannirm

1st September 2009, 05:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
More
Hi, I know, probably someone have made the same question but I haven't found anything in the forum.
Is it possible share my internet connection from pc to android via usb or via wifi?
how? thanks
1st September 2009, 06:21 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
If your PC is on a wired connection with a wireless card you could probably bridge the connection (or just use internet connection sharing if you use windows) and make an ad-hoc network to connect to via wifi.
1st September 2009, 07:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Rome

35 posts
More
I have a laptop connected via ethernet... how I can make a ad hoc connection?
I have tried to create one, but the phone don't find anything!!
2nd September 2009, 01:26 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Rome

35 posts
More
Nobody can help me ?
2nd September 2009, 03:52 PM   |  #5  
Flag Batley

85 posts
More
You can use Tether WiFi and make your handset as Adhoc access point.This will only work on rooted handsets.
Secondly use something like PdaNetA115 for wired usb connection to use your phone as modem in both cases.Will work with rooted/unrooted.
There is another one which is Tether Bluetooth for rooted phones.
2nd September 2009, 09:50 PM   |  #6  

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dial100

You can use Tether WiFi and make your handset as Adhoc access point.This will only work on rooted handsets.
Secondly use something like PdaNetA115 for wired usb connection to use your phone as modem in both cases.Will work with rooted/unrooted.
There is another one which is Tether Bluetooth for rooted phones.

Wrong way, he's trying to use his laptop's connection to get wifi to the phone, not trying to use the phone as a modem. Looking at some other stuff and trying it myself it doesn't look like you can connect the phone to ad hoc. Sorry
3rd September 2009, 04:08 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Rome

35 posts
More
and via usb??? is it possible?
maybe with some adb command....
23rd September 2009, 11:50 AM   |  #8  
Flag Munich (Bavaria)
Thanks Meter: 36

241 posts
More
I have used this method on the micro hero 1.3, CyanogenMod v4.1.11.1 and I am just about to set it up on micro hero 1.4.

http://modmygphone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22681

I have read on another site that this line should be added to the very end to change it back to read only

"mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system"

The wifi modem at my G/Fs mothers has no internal PPPoE login and her adsl connection needs a PPPoE login, Android cant do this or I havnt been able to find and app that does.

I use my laptop(with 2 wifi cards, one internal and 1 external(pcmcia)) to do the PPPoE login(internal wifi) on the laptop and then share this connection via ad-hoc(external wifi) to my G1.
One thing that I would like to point out, if I lose the connection between the G1 and the laptop, I have to reboot the laptop to get it to share the internet again.I haven't worked out why yet.

I have ordered a new modem/wifi/router of ebay that will do away with all this crap, but for now it is a work around that does works, until the new modem arrives.
Last edited by quakermaas; 23rd September 2009 at 12:43 PM.
11th February 2010, 10:49 AM   |  #9  

14 posts
More
Hi All,

I also am looking for a way to get the phone connected to the internet FROM the PC via USB.

reason:
I have a Corporate SW that connects to WIFI access points around the world for free (at least free to me, not to the company).
this is done through a SW on the PC. now, I cannot mad an AD Hoc connection because the WIFI is already working. and I also cannot connect using the phone wifi due to the same reason..

is there a way to connect the phone to the Internet through the USB cable?
Thanks,
Itamar
5th August 2010, 10:55 AM   |  #10  

4 posts
Hi,
I just change my HTC HD for the Nexus One and I really need a way to do that, like ActiveSync for WM.

Is there a solution to use the pc connectivity with android using the USB cable ?

many thx

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread