Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,760 Members 48,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android on JADE

Tip us?

arseny1991
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Android on JADE

Alright people, after some litle research, i have found out that Android currently boots on HTC Touch Cruise ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64LYnTxhj44 ). HTC Touch Cruise is using the same processor as the HTC Touch 3G, Qualcomm MSM7225. So is there a way we can port the version from Polaris to Jade ?

C'mon people, lets start a project, as i see many PDAs out there can now successfully boot Android, lets not leave out our wonderful Jade...

WE WANT ANDROID !

anikolop
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Unfortunately htc touch cruise (polaris) has the msm7200 processor like the kaiser. The newer one (iolite) has the msm7225.

arseny1991
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikolop View Post
Unfortunately htc touch cruise (polaris) has the msm7200 processor like the kaiser. The newer one (iolite) has the msm7225.
hhmmmm...i see, didnt realise that there was a previous version. But c'mon, no one knows how to port android to MSM7225 ?

heidewitzgar
Old
(Last edited by heidewitzgar; 8th September 2009 at 10:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default HTC tattoo :)

I am also looking for ages for some android port to the MSM 7225. Now, finally, an android device similar to the Jade is coming out before october!!
And for all the people saying 320x240 is too small for android, well, the Tattoo seems to do fine with that..

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/08/h...nse-ui-to-all/

Now we just have to wait for someone porting that android ROM to Jade..

help? :P

EDIT
oh and here's already the HTC official site! http://www.htc.com/www/product/tatto...ification.html

anikolop
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Talking At least android for msm7225

now it seems almost sure that at some time we will have the opportunity to run android in our phones.

arseny1991
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
oooh I CANT WAIT !

Definitely count me in as a tester !

SlappyHours
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Yeah, it will run on 320x240. But as far as I know most apps are designed for higher resolutions. So it won't be really useful.

Black_Gamer
Old
(Last edited by Black_Gamer; 10th September 2009 at 04:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
It seems that HTC is releasing a new device based on the same processor as our jade, with Android and 2.8 screen, HTC Tattoo. Maybe there is still a hope on seeing a port to Jade

DarkSniper
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello ,

Have You news of this possibility "Android for HTC Jade"?

StewieTux
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think our phone isn't popular enough for developers to work on a port for our phone, I can't find any signs that someone is working on a port. Let's hope this changes fast!