Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 46,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Extended battery for G1

Tip us?

raven911
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Extended battery for G1

I've looked through a bunch of the postings on replacement batteries for the G1 and recently came across the following on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1867wt_1044

The ad looked a little suspect, because the description says 2300mAH, but the picture shows a battery with 2200 mAH. I emailed the seller, and they told me that the both the pictures AND the description were inaccurate and batteries they had were actually rated 2400mAH.

Wondering if anyone has had experience with this particular seller or this kind of battery. Seems like they're having a sale currently until Monday, for the battery + door for only $9.52 which seems insanely cheap.

The Yoobao brand battery which was reviewed here is 2x as expensive:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=battery

So I figure I might take a chance with it. Any thoughts / advice would be appreciated.

evilkorn
Old
Thanks Meter 30
The shell looks way to goofy with the battery hump. I would get one with a full case, the only drawback is the speaker has more air to move through and the valume is a little quieter.

AdamPI
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Yeah the cover put me off that one, although the sale price is nice. I suppose with that cover it would fit in a dock though.

I just got this one a couple of days ago: http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-G1-T-MOBILE-...3286.m63.l1177 First impressions weren't too good, the battery meter when charging goes up in jumps and then stays on 99% for some time, it then died overnight despite being on 30%. Second day however after 11 hours off charge and used heavilly it still claimed 50%. I might do a mini-review of it when I have had a few more days to judge it.

newjaruz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I ordered two batteries off of eBay one was a 2400 MAH battery which changed the phones form factor because of the added thickness and necessary change to a bigger battery door. It made my G1 so fat I chose not to use it. Then I found a deal on eBay with a battery with 1600 mah for 9.99... i have about a week with it and cannot complain. if you guys are interested in the merchant let me know and ill post his info or PM me
Rom:
Nexus Rooted
Latest (Vanilla/MIUI/Sense/Cyan)
HD7(hopefully dual booting android soon)

raven911
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by newjaruz View Post
I ordered two batteries off of eBay one was a 2400 MAH battery which changed the phones form factor because of the added thickness and necessary change to a bigger battery door. It made my G1 so fat I chose not to use it. Then I found a deal on eBay with a battery with 1600 mah for 9.99... i have about a week with it and cannot complain. if you guys are interested in the merchant let me know and ill post his info or PM me
Newjaruz,
It would be very helpful if you could post the link to the battery that you bought. Thanks,

civicdrivr
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I got a Seido battery and cover off of Amazon. It was more $ then eBay, but it has a warranty.

JJbdoggg
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven911 View Post
Newjaruz,
It would be very helpful if you could post the link to the battery that you bought. Thanks,
this the one i ordered one too http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...EOIBSA:GB:1123

raven911
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So, does the 1600mAH Andida brand spare battery from ebay seem to last a lot longer than the stock battery?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...EOIBSA:GB:1123

I read a review from someone about a 1700mAH battery from Ebay that was the same size as stock but didn't actually last any longer during the day.

badaphooko01
Old
Thanks Meter 66
http://cgi.ebay.com/Q638-High-Capaci...d=p3911.c0.m14 is the one I bought off ebay. I have been very pleased with it. I can easily get over a full day with gps, wifi and 3g turned on as well as the screen brightness set at 50% and surfin the net all day. You also don't have that goofy hump back. The only draw back is the wait time to get things from China, but overall well worth it.

imakamasta
Old
Thanks Meter 0
idk about that seller but i got the 2400mah and its amazing. and for the loss in sound quality just use my fix......super glue a cut down pen cap to the extended battery cover by the holes for sound. and obviously cut it down to size and the thingie off the side off so it can fit properly in the phone and the sound will just travel straight from the speaker to your eyes cuz you dojnt have all that space to muffle it anymore.
sorry if my description was bland. it should be simople enough

Tags
battery