Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,222 Members 45,496 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{Official thread} New lockscreen.. Questions?

Tip us?

nabzilla1990
Old
Thanks Meter 7
im trying to use this in a theme but i cant get the t-mobile text on the pull down to turn white

SteveTilsed
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Thanks Stericson! Love it! one quick question,

Do you know if this is regarding your lock screen or specific themes. When receiving calls it current stays on the lock screen so i am unable to see who is calling unless i press menu first. This is ok normally however is rather annoying when catching a call late and having to enter a call blind so to speak.

Thanks again and some more top work!

jubeh
Old
Thanks Meter 19
good work. I do have a concern though. There's a lot of files involved, and this kind of renders the lockscreen usable only for the framework version it was designed for, since further changes (or backwards compatibility) could pose a problem. Do you think it would be possible to have the android.policy instead call on a separate program and launch a custom lockscreen, making it, thus, slightly more modular. Cyanogen's builds are a moving target and, though his framework hasn't changed much lately, i do feel it's going to be useless once he gets more work into donut and abandons cupcake for good.
Best reference thread ever: Learn to compile your own AOSP build (for sapphire, but applies to dream too)

Stericson
Old
Retired Senior Mod / Senior Recognized Developer - Godfather of Android Theming - OP
Thanks Meter 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCe87 View Post
Hello stericson!!for first,thanks you for all your great works!!!...but i have two questions:
1)the battery in the lock screen is moved to the left..what can i do for changing battery position??
2)the message icon in the lock screen is inactive..it is normal??

excuse for my english and thank you again!
I need screenshots of your battery position...In the newest updates the battery should always be centered, make sure you have the newest updates...

The last icon, undetermined yet what it will be, is inactive.

As for the problem with the lockscreen not unlocking when a call comes in, this is not a lockscreen problem, rather it is a problem with my status bar mod. I believe I may have found a bug in Googles code....Still looking into it...

Also, this will still be good for donut. Cyan is going to implement this into his source and it will be available on all builds there on. As for making a custom app for the lockscreen, calling a method in android.policy.jar... It would still require changes being made to these files which would have to be done on every rom, and it would still be rom specific...so it wouldnt solve anything...I have provided my source so this can be put into other builds....

Stericson
Want to know what I've been up to lately? Click here

blacjac17
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Do to your tough schedule do you expect another month or so for the music control and the undecided icon to be updated

jdwme
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzilla1990 View Post
im trying to use this in a theme but i cant get the t-mobile text on the pull down to turn white
Have you tried the colorChange.jar thread? I use that everytime an update comes out with the files from the lockscreen and have not had an issue
Like my themes?
Donate here!

Twitter

New blog! TechFollowsMe

Stericson
Old
Retired Senior Mod / Senior Recognized Developer - Godfather of Android Theming - OP
Thanks Meter 377
I can't say...I'm sorry...this is why I made the source available...maybe someone could do it faster then me?

Stericson
Want to know what I've been up to lately? Click here

bruce_wayne
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Curiosity. What would happen if theme was changed to 1 that doesn't contain this lockscreen?
Samsung Galaxy Y [Rooted] stock rom

HTC Desire [stock] - SOLD

HTC Dream - SOLD
Rom : Cyanogen 6 RC2 Recovery : RA-dream-v1.6.2-blue
Radio : 2.22.19.261 SPL :Haykuro Font : Sony Sdhc : 4gb class 2

"If you don't ask you don't get!"

xidominicanoix
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce_wayne View Post
Curiosity. What would happen if theme was changed to 1 that doesn't contain this lockscreen?
if you did this without flashing the ROM in between, then you're in for quite a number of FCs from multiple programs

ROM: bruce2728's CM10 KANG

Google Nexus One
ROM: CM7

Programs by JDuverge (aka ME)
Find and Pull™
Ultimate Extractor

iCe87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stericson View Post
I need screenshots of your battery position...In the newest updates the battery should always be centered, make sure you have the newest updates...

thanks you for the answer...in this screenshot u can see the battery position and the sms icon (that appears decentralized)

thanks again..

Tags
stericson, stericson lockscreen