Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

{Official thread} New lockscreen.. Questions?

7th September 2009, 11:36 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 7

886 posts
More
im trying to use this in a theme but i cant get the t-mobile text on the pull down to turn white
7th September 2009, 12:18 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 8

126 posts
Thanks Stericson! Love it! one quick question,

Do you know if this is regarding your lock screen or specific themes. When receiving calls it current stays on the lock screen so i am unable to see who is calling unless i press menu first. This is ok normally however is rather annoying when catching a call late and having to enter a call blind so to speak.

Thanks again and some more top work!
7th September 2009, 12:19 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 20

1,260 posts
good work. I do have a concern though. There's a lot of files involved, and this kind of renders the lockscreen usable only for the framework version it was designed for, since further changes (or backwards compatibility) could pose a problem. Do you think it would be possible to have the android.policy instead call on a separate program and launch a custom lockscreen, making it, thus, slightly more modular. Cyanogen's builds are a moving target and, though his framework hasn't changed much lately, i do feel it's going to be useless once he gets more work into donut and abandons cupcake for good.
7th September 2009, 03:39 PM   |  #14  
OP Retired Senior Mod / Senior Recognized Developer - Godfather of Android Theming
Thanks Meter: 381

1,193 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCe87

Hello stericson!!for first,thanks you for all your great works!!!...but i have two questions:
1)the battery in the lock screen is moved to the left..what can i do for changing battery position??
2)the message icon in the lock screen is inactive..it is normal??

excuse for my english and thank you again!

I need screenshots of your battery position...In the newest updates the battery should always be centered, make sure you have the newest updates...

The last icon, undetermined yet what it will be, is inactive.

As for the problem with the lockscreen not unlocking when a call comes in, this is not a lockscreen problem, rather it is a problem with my status bar mod. I believe I may have found a bug in Googles code....Still looking into it...

Also, this will still be good for donut. Cyan is going to implement this into his source and it will be available on all builds there on. As for making a custom app for the lockscreen, calling a method in android.policy.jar... It would still require changes being made to these files which would have to be done on every rom, and it would still be rom specific...so it wouldnt solve anything...I have provided my source so this can be put into other builds....

Stericson
7th September 2009, 05:50 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

59 posts
Do to your tough schedule do you expect another month or so for the music control and the undecided icon to be updated
7th September 2009, 05:56 PM   |  #16  
Houston

462 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzilla1990

im trying to use this in a theme but i cant get the t-mobile text on the pull down to turn white

Have you tried the colorChange.jar thread? I use that everytime an update comes out with the files from the lockscreen and have not had an issue
7th September 2009, 07:09 PM   |  #17  
OP Retired Senior Mod / Senior Recognized Developer - Godfather of Android Theming
Thanks Meter: 381

1,193 posts
I can't say...I'm sorry...this is why I made the source available...maybe someone could do it faster then me?

Stericson
7th September 2009, 07:28 PM   |  #18  

130 posts
More
Question
Curiosity. What would happen if theme was changed to 1 that doesn't contain this lockscreen?
7th September 2009, 07:29 PM   |  #19  
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 4

1,077 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce_wayne

Curiosity. What would happen if theme was changed to 1 that doesn't contain this lockscreen?

if you did this without flashing the ROM in between, then you're in for quite a number of FCs from multiple programs
8th September 2009, 01:01 AM   |  #20  

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stericson

I need screenshots of your battery position...In the newest updates the battery should always be centered, make sure you have the newest updates...

thanks you for the answer...in this screenshot u can see the battery position and the sms icon (that appears decentralized)

thanks again..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
stericson, stericson lockscreen
Previous Thread Next Thread