Galaxy Note 3 Lollipop Leak, Failed Find 5 Update – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has been leaked! That and … more

Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

WM6.5 and 6.1 ROM Video Comparison

OP thanutz

7th September 2009, 10:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Dear all,

Has anyone tried the video playback between the either o/s on any rom. Ive installed a couple of roms running WM6.5 but the video playback using coreplayer was awful. Droping frames and losing audio video sync.

Then I changed to one of the 6.1 Roms on the site and experienced the same playback as that of the stock rom (vodafone UK). The unit played divx/xvid clips smoothly not losing sync or droping frames.

The clip was a divx/xvid tv rip standard that you would get on a torrent site like 352 mb for 45 mins or so. I tried a few clips to find the same issue.

Im guesing this is because the HTC video drivers arent part of any 6.5 rom. Is there anyway to include these or workout why there is such a massive difference.

Thanks
7th September 2009, 12:33 PM   |  #2  
b16b's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 30
 
3,262 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanutz

Dear all,

Has anyone tried the video playback between the either o/s on any rom. Ive installed a couple of roms running WM6.5 but the video playback using coreplayer was awful. Droping frames and losing audio video sync.

Then I changed to one of the 6.1 Roms on the site and experienced the same playback as that of the stock rom (vodafone UK). The unit played divx/xvid clips smoothly not losing sync or droping frames.

The clip was a divx/xvid tv rip standard that you would get on a torrent site like 352 mb for 45 mins or so. I tried a few clips to find the same issue.

Im guesing this is because the HTC video drivers arent part of any 6.5 rom. Is there anyway to include these or workout why there is such a massive difference.

Thanks

hi
in my rom AthineOS 6.1 or 6.5 i take the same score on bechmark in the same video
i use drivers from official 6.5 i do not know if this make the deference

plz try if you want and report..
otherwise vodafone had do magic with the graphic drivers
7th September 2009, 06:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
When you say the official drivers do u mean HTC ones for WM6.5 or one that are included with WM6.5 ones?

What type of video did u use to benchmark?
7th September 2009, 08:27 PM   |  #4  
b16b's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 30
 
3,262 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanutz

When you say the official drivers do u mean HTC ones for WM6.5 or one that are included with WM6.5 ones?

What type of video did u use to benchmark?

HTC ones for WM6.5

.MPG

640x480

25 frames/sec

with Kaiser take score 85 - 89%
with Rhodium take score 97 - 108%
7th September 2009, 11:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Ive just installed ure wm6.5 rom and the video playback is just as good as 6.1....

Very very very good rom :)

keep cooking in 6.5 ure doing a good job. Will be donating once i get paid later in the month!
7th September 2009, 11:55 PM   |  #6  
b16b's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 30
 
3,262 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanutz

Ive just installed ure wm6.5 rom and the video playback is just as good as 6.1....

Very very very good rom :)

keep cooking in 6.5 ure doing a good job. Will be donating once i get paid later in the month!


thanks m8 and welcome..
now if you want something about rom post in rom thread

i'm happy because i make you happy
13th October 2009, 04:13 PM   |  #7  
antoniotdi's Avatar
Member
Flag Puglia-Italy
Thanks Meter: 4
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanutz

Dear all,

Has anyone tried the video playback between the either o/s on any rom. Ive installed a couple of roms running WM6.5 but the video playback using coreplayer was awful. Droping frames and losing audio video sync.

Then I changed to one of the 6.1 Roms on the site and experienced the same playback as that of the stock rom (vodafone UK). The unit played divx/xvid clips smoothly not losing sync or droping frames.

The clip was a divx/xvid tv rip standard that you would get on a torrent site like 352 mb for 45 mins or so. I tried a few clips to find the same issue.

Im guesing this is because the HTC video drivers arent part of any 6.5 rom. Is there anyway to include these or workout why there is such a massive difference.

Thanks

same problems... with official WM 6.1 coreplayer play good,
but with official WM 6.5 and others cooked rom based on WM 6.5 coreplayer performance are very low
18th October 2009, 02:42 PM   |  #8  
RandyWatson's Avatar
Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Definately noticing a much slower performance on CorePlayer with 6.5 ROM than with the 6.1. Benchmark test dropped from 104% to 72%

Anyone got a fix. Ive just upgraded to the latest coreplayer 1.3.6 and still no improv.
10th November 2009, 07:50 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
yeah, I confirm that upgrading to a WM6.5 rom did slow down my xvid playback in coreplayer... (under a pro2 from stock Telus ROM 6.1 to MightyROM 6.5)
10th November 2009, 10:01 PM   |  #10  
mccune's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
2,677 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2005
Donate to Me
More
Also have a look at THIS thread that mention video playback.

Don't know why people don't post a sample video so everybody can test the same movie and post their results... hint hint..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes