Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP]TypeNote V0.9.8.1 (updated 19. October 2009)

OP ronnyh

10th September 2009, 04:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
TypeNote V0.9.8.1 - Updated 19. October 2009

A simple application for taking notes, sorted by category.
I made this for my HTC Diamond, but it should resize to fit most screen sizes.

Functions:
- List of categories
- Auto open Category (open your favorite category on startup)
- List of notes
- Cut, Copy and Past text
- Select All text
- Search and replace text
- Insert current date
- Insert current time
- Portable Application (Settings are saved in program folder)
- all notes saved as separate text files in its categories folder.
- portrait and landscape
- Scans TypeNote\Notes\ or user specified location for folders that contain .txt files.
- Export notes (all)
- Custom Save/Read destination
- Files from 'root' will be added in "Main" category".
-- This can be switched on/off in Settings.
- Hide/Show buttons and title while editing notes (gives more screen-space for editing)
- Open files with the 'Open With' function in file manager (only when program is not already started)
- auto show keyboard (on/off)
- Animation can be switched on/off
- Warning "note already exist" can be switched on/off
- Place buttons (save, Cancel, Delete) above the keyboard (no need to close keyboard to see the buttons)
--- Only in portrait for VGA/QVGA++ screens.

- Bugfix, paste-function now scrolls back to cursor position in large files. fixed.
- Bugfix. font size to small cause crash. fixed.

Version 0.9.8.1
  • Auto open category (usefull if you often use one category more often than others)
  • Hide buttons and title while editing.. gives more space for text.
  • Portable application (does not require re-install if folder moved and system re-installed)
  • Open files from file explorer(open with), (only if program is not already started)
  • If custom folder is used, files from root will be added in "Main" category.
  • Animation can be switched on/off
  • Warning "note already exist" can be switched on/off
  • Place buttons (save, Cancel, Delete) above the keyboard (no need to close keyboard to see the buttons)

========
HISTORY
========

Version 0.9.5
  • Export notes (all)
  • Custom save/read destination
  • Auto show keyboard (on/off)
  • Cut text
  • Select All Text
  • Search and Replace text
  • Hide/Show buttons while editing notes
  • copy/past bug fixed.. cursor no longer moves to top
[
  • Version 0.9.2
    • No longer uses .net 3.5.. now runs on .net 2
    • Categories, with management
      • Add new
      • Rename
      • Delete
    • All notes separated by category (for ex. \Notes\ToDo\Shopping.txt)
    • Reads all .txt files from folders in \Notes instead of using a list-file.
    • Lists are sorted alphabetically.
    • Text in note can be temporarily resized to better fit the screen (makes it easier to type in landscape mode)

========
Installation
========

Download and install the cab on your device.

========

========

Download from MegaUpload
Attached Files
File Type: cab TypeNote v0.9.5.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (315.0 KB, 456 views)
File Type: cab TypeNote V0.9.8.1.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (323.0 KB, 1528 views)
Last edited by ronnyh; 19th October 2009 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Updated to version 0.9.8.1 - bugfixed (0.9.8)
10th September 2009, 06:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

522 posts
looks very nice..

does it supports scribling a note with the stylus?
10th September 2009, 06:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Thank you

At the moment it's not possible to draw with stylus..
10th September 2009, 08:22 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

716 posts
Just gave you a little link love over at fuzemobility.com, mobilitydigest.com, and tiltmobility.com.

http://www.fuzemobility.com/take-note-of-this/
10th September 2009, 10:35 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
ooo thank you drjim very nice of you!
10th September 2009, 11:09 PM   |  #6  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 26

550 posts
More
Thank you for a simple, but very nice finger friendly app. I like the color and font size on my VGA (Fuze) screen. And I appreciate the way TypeNotes "asks" before overwriting or deleting a note. I posted this info at Fuze Mobility but figured it would not hurt to add it here also.

I was sort of hoping that the app could open existing txt files (if I loaded them in TypeNote's default directory) but TypeNote canít see the files. I was able to open a TypeNote txt file using PocketNotepad soÖ.

-Create a new file in TypeNote using the same name as your existing txt file. Add one or two characters to the body just in case and save.
-Cut or copy your existing txt file into the \Program Files\TypeNote\Notes folder and overwrite the file you just created in the above step.
-You can now view and edit your existing txt file.

FYI: I tried adding my existing file and file name to the NoteList.txt file (located inside the TypeNote directory) but that did not work. The above steps work fine.

I keep network settings and other trivia in txt files on my desktop and like to have copies with me. The PocketNotepad and TC interfaces are not that friendly for viewing or editing.

One interesting note. When finger scrolling through a note it is very difficult (I couldnít do it) to accidently highlight text, unless the SIP is opened. Donít know how this works (something to do with sensitivity) but it is a very nice feature and would love to see it implemented in other apps. With a stylus I could highlight text with the SIP closed or open.

Also, Sensor Scroll works (you have to setup in SS Settings) and TypeNote works fine loaded to the storage card.
10th September 2009, 11:19 PM   |  #7  
Flag Indiana

13 posts
More
just loaded this on an ATT Fuze running EnergyROM 'Genesis' 20090905 and everything seems to work. perfect little note app, simple and easy. thanks!

edit: weird... just entered current time in a note and it's 14 minutes slow. time on home screen is normal
Last edited by jaaks; 10th September 2009 at 11:26 PM.
10th September 2009, 11:33 PM   |  #8  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 26

550 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaks

just loaded this on an ATT Fuze running EnergyROM 'Genesis' 20090905 and everything seems to work. perfect little note app, simple and easy. thanks!

edit: weird... just entered current time in a note and it's 14 minutes slow. time on home screen is normal

Interesting. I just checked on my Fuze and the time was 20 minutes behind; Fuze Home Screen 5:29 (17:29) and TypeNote 17:09. Not the end of the world, but a bit puzzling.
11th September 2009, 01:28 AM   |  #9  
Flag Indiana

13 posts
More
:09 minutes
It looks like regardless of what time it is, the minutes are always :09. The hour is correct (24hr). Like previously stated, no big deal.
11th September 2009, 02:06 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimski

FYI: I tried adding my existing file and file name to the NoteList.txt file (located inside the TypeNote directory) but that did not work. The above steps work fine.

One interesting note. When finger scrolling through a note it is very difficult (I couldn’t do it) to accidently highlight text, unless the SIP is opened. Don’t know how this works (something to do with sensitivity) but it is a very nice feature and would love to see it implemented in other apps. With a stylus I could highlight text with the SIP closed or open.

Also, Sensor Scroll works (you have to setup in SS Settings) and TypeNote works fine loaded to the storage card.

It should open the file if you add it to the notes-folder and notelist.txt. For example if the file is called Network.txt.. copy it to the Notes folder, and add Network (without .txt) to the Notelist.txt file.

Will see what i can do about the scrolling thing..

And TypeNote should work wherever you put it actually Its coded in a way that it "sees" where it is. So feel free to move it where you want, just remember to fix the shortcut.

-Ronny-

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread