I fixed the very problem you guys are having with duct tape. Yes duct tape. The problem is not that the layers are separated, but that they are stuck together. So basically, your phone is acting as if it's continually being pressed, I put duct tape on the screen and gently removed it. I had to do this about twenty times, but eventually it separated the layers and the phone works like new. I know it sounds crazy, but it worked. I am aware of one other person who has had success with this method. I saw him post it on another forum. I believe this method will work for many of you so please try it and please be patient. As I said, it took several adhesions and removals before it worked.