Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

oil stain under touch screen

OP n3m3s1s

14th September 2009, 04:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag utrecht
Thanks Meter: 1

52 posts
More
heey fellow forum readers,

i hace got a oil stain under my screen
can somone tell me what it can be?

thnxs fore the info
The Following User Says Thank You to n3m3s1s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th September 2009, 06:13 PM   |  #2  

737 posts
Hello my friend.

Well actually that is very bad news. If you are inside the guarantee go to your dealer because this is a hardware and manufacture problem. Its a common problem on the latest hi res touch screens for htc.

I have the HTC touch diamond and i have the "Oily square of death" which is a like a rectangle just in the middle of the screen which looks like oil. My be your screen has become less responsive, some are reporting that with the time the screen goes completly useless and does not work at all.

There is no way you can fix it by yourself. I know its hard to know, still is a common problem So sad my friend.

Regards-
14th September 2009, 06:29 PM   |  #3  
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 0

405 posts
More
Bad situation. Sorry to hear that.

I dropped my TD2 to the ground today and i was very scared. I hope its okay.
15th September 2009, 09:14 AM   |  #4  

39 posts
this is caused by too much pressure on the screen by for example carrying the phone in your pocket and sitting down. i had the same problem and abviously the screen lowered itself into the phonecase. have a look on the phone sidewards and i think you will notice the same. i had luck and had an guarantee exchange. but normaly htc does not cover screen problems! take care with that phone.. even the manual says.. dont carry it in the pocket and sit down.. which is quite ridicolous for a mobile phone isnt it?
15th September 2009, 10:41 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bucharest

48 posts
More
I had a dust particle under the touch screen (between the touch screen and display).

I've took the phone to my designated service (which was not an original HTC service) and they've cleaned it up. Now it's ok.

Maybe you should do the same.
15th September 2009, 01:49 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag utrecht

52 posts
More
Thumbs up thnxs
thnxs fore the reactions
i have contacted my phoneshop
the said it is a commen problem and it wil be cofferd

thnxs fore al the tips and help
15th September 2009, 03:30 PM   |  #7  

48 posts
Hmmm... I have the smae on my T-Mo Compact V.. wonder if they will cover it?
7th November 2009, 05:09 AM   |  #8  

14 posts
POSSIBLE SOLUTION!!!!

I fixed the very problem you guys are having with duct tape. Yes duct tape. The problem is not that the layers are separated, but that they are stuck together. So basically, your phone is acting as if it's continually being pressed, I put duct tape on the screen and gently removed it. I had to do this about twenty times, but eventually it separated the layers and the phone works like new. I know it sounds crazy, but it worked. I am aware of one other person who has had success with this method. I saw him post it on another forum. I believe this method will work for many of you so please try it and please be patient. As I said, it took several adhesions and removals before it worked.
7th November 2009, 06:32 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

106 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by momojopoe

POSSIBLE SOLUTION!!!!

I fixed the very problem you guys are having with duct tape. Yes duct tape. The problem is not that the layers are separated, but that they are stuck together. So basically, your phone is acting as if it's continually being pressed, I put duct tape on the screen and gently removed it. I had to do this about twenty times, but eventually it separated the layers and the phone works like new. I know it sounds crazy, but it worked. I am aware of one other person who has had success with this method. I saw him post it on another forum. I believe this method will work for many of you so please try it and please be patient. As I said, it took several adhesions and removals before it worked.

hehe nice...
if you cannot fix it with ducktape it is because You are not using much of it!
8th November 2009, 01:41 AM   |  #10  

269 posts
More
ducktape - a mans best friend!

reminds me of a time when we hooked up a projector with ductape during a conference
tape everywhere!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread