Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy oil stain under touch screen

heey fellow forum readers,

i hace got a oil stain under my screen
can somone tell me what it can be?

thnxs fore the info
The Following User Says Thank You to n3m3s1s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

charly_mx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hello my friend.

Well actually that is very bad news. If you are inside the guarantee go to your dealer because this is a hardware and manufacture problem. Its a common problem on the latest hi res touch screens for htc.

I have the HTC touch diamond and i have the "Oily square of death" which is a like a rectangle just in the middle of the screen which looks like oil. My be your screen has become less responsive, some are reporting that with the time the screen goes completly useless and does not work at all.

There is no way you can fix it by yourself. I know its hard to know, still is a common problem So sad my friend.

Regards-
Omnia II. HTC Diamond on the Shelf now | ROM: Duttys_V4.0 Full CVSD| Best Radio: [SU] 1.12.25.19 | Protocol: 52.29.25.12W | HardSPL: 1.93.OliNex | Carrier: TELCEL | GPS Navigator: Destinator 7, Mexico Maps Q4 2008

opensea
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Bad situation. Sorry to hear that.

I dropped my TD2 to the ground today and i was very scared. I hope its okay.
Device: HTC Evo 3D
Rom: Stock (for now)

cko2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
this is caused by too much pressure on the screen by for example carrying the phone in your pocket and sitting down. i had the same problem and abviously the screen lowered itself into the phonecase. have a look on the phone sidewards and i think you will notice the same. i had luck and had an guarantee exchange. but normaly htc does not cover screen problems! take care with that phone.. even the manual says.. dont carry it in the pocket and sit down.. which is quite ridicolous for a mobile phone isnt it?

Bothkill
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had a dust particle under the touch screen (between the touch screen and display).

I've took the phone to my designated service (which was not an original HTC service) and they've cleaned it up. Now it's ok.

Maybe you should do the same.

n3m3s1s
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up thnxs

thnxs fore the reactions
i have contacted my phoneshop
the said it is a commen problem and it wil be cofferd

thnxs fore al the tips and help

StuartMaher
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hmmm... I have the smae on my T-Mo Compact V.. wonder if they will cover it?

momojopoe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
POSSIBLE SOLUTION!!!!

I fixed the very problem you guys are having with duct tape. Yes duct tape. The problem is not that the layers are separated, but that they are stuck together. So basically, your phone is acting as if it's continually being pressed, I put duct tape on the screen and gently removed it. I had to do this about twenty times, but eventually it separated the layers and the phone works like new. I know it sounds crazy, but it worked. I am aware of one other person who has had success with this method. I saw him post it on another forum. I believe this method will work for many of you so please try it and please be patient. As I said, it took several adhesions and removals before it worked.

abzza
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by momojopoe View Post
POSSIBLE SOLUTION!!!!

I fixed the very problem you guys are having with duct tape. Yes duct tape. The problem is not that the layers are separated, but that they are stuck together. So basically, your phone is acting as if it's continually being pressed, I put duct tape on the screen and gently removed it. I had to do this about twenty times, but eventually it separated the layers and the phone works like new. I know it sounds crazy, but it worked. I am aware of one other person who has had success with this method. I saw him post it on another forum. I believe this method will work for many of you so please try it and please be patient. As I said, it took several adhesions and removals before it worked.
hehe nice...
if you cannot fix it with ducktape it is because You are not using much of it!
Nexus 7 CM 10.1 + motley
iPhone 5 - forced by my company
Desire HD, Trophy, Topaz, Tattoo, Touch 2

br3nt
Old
Thanks Meter 1
ducktape - a mans best friend!

reminds me of a time when we hooked up a projector with ductape during a conference
tape everywhere!