Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

GPS patch

OP normalguy

15th September 2009, 04:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
Hi. All. My TP2 has not arrived yet, but cruising another forum, I stumbled across this link. I know it's in the asia site, but anyone have any insight as to whether it applies to CDMA phones?

http://www.htc.com/asia/supportdownl...act=sd&cat=all
15th September 2009, 08:41 PM   |  #2  

31 posts
Odd. My GPS is working wonders compared to my XV6800 so I don't think I'd need a patch personally.
16th September 2009, 02:36 AM   |  #3  
Mouth of the Rat
Thanks Meter: 25

142 posts
More
GPS is fantastic on my Verizon pro2. 3rd party software all day long HUGE difference from my xv6900(vogue). No need for a patch.......
16th September 2009, 05:35 AM   |  #4  
Flag Southwestern Washington
Thanks Meter: 2

157 posts
More
I haven't really tested "lag" when driving, but signal locks have been within a couple of seconds every time I've used it (even after a soft reset - so "cold" start).
16th September 2009, 06:11 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

31 posts
Yes odd indeed. I got my TP2 up and running today and it locks on very quickly and in areas where my XV6800 could not. Maybe Verizon actually rolled problems that cropped up from the T-Mobile version into the CDMA version? Who knows.
16th September 2009, 06:25 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

196 posts
anyone using third party, what's the accuracy that the radio is getting? like within 5,10,20 meters..
16th September 2009, 03:29 PM   |  #7  
Flag Jersey City, NJ
Thanks Meter: 834

706 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by football0552

anyone using third party, what's the accuracy that the radio is getting? like within 5,10,20 meters..

I agree as far as not needing a patch. From my experience with Google maps this morning, I would say anywhere from 5 to 10 meters. I was parked on the corner and google maps showed me that I was slightly into the intersection. I also locked on very quickly. I just had to set google maps manually to com4 and 4800 baud rate then config the gps to give my location always instead of just with 911 and it locked on like a charm. I'm gonna test Garmin & Tomtom this afternoon to see if they have to be set manually as well.

UPDATE: I was also able to successfully run Tomtom & Garmin without any manual configuration. All is well with my TP2. I could not be happier. Definitely an awesome device. The only thing that could make it better is a custom rom. I know it takes time so I will wait patiently.
Last edited by PRBajista; 17th September 2009 at 04:10 AM.
17th September 2009, 06:05 AM   |  #8  
Flag Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
Thanks Meter: 448

4,074 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by normalguy

Hi. All. My TP2 has not arrived yet, but cruising another forum, I stumbled across this link. I know it's in the asia site, but anyone have any insight as to whether it applies to CDMA phones?

http://www.htc.com/asia/supportdownl...act=sd&cat=all

That patch is actually a Radio ROM, it's for GSM only.
22nd September 2009, 04:05 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 7

51 posts
Has anyone got their Verizon TP2 to work with Garmin Mobile XT? I do have it enabled for devices other than 911. I've been playing with this for about 7+ hours now and no matter what I do, I can get XT to find the GPS. Iv'e tried using different COM settings and just about every permutation of the "External GPS" settings under the settings menu. No matter what I do, it won't find my GPS. If you do have it working, please post your exact settings for GPS, both within XT and also in settings for the device.
Thanks much,
J.
22nd September 2009, 03:14 PM   |  #10  
Flag Southwestern Washington
Thanks Meter: 2

157 posts
More
Yeah - I've got it working. Just installed GarminXT and it started working right away - no custom settings or anything.

You have Garmin updated to the latest version 5.00.20?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread