Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

VZAccess Manager

OP physicsguy

21st September 2009, 12:41 PM   |  #11  
Flag Jersey City, NJ
Thanks Meter: 850

722 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce31797

That worked great. I am on the phones connection as I type this. Thanks for the extended directions, they were very helpful. Now, I just wish I was getting better than 1x at my home so it would be faster to test. I have Wi/Fi at home, so I guess it is not that big of a deal.
I just did the http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ speed test and got the following:
Download Speed: 133 kbps (16.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 78 kbps (9.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Glad to be of any help to you. Enjoy your mobile internet.
21st September 2009, 08:11 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 3

6 posts
More
Is there any way to get this method to work via bluetooth, or is that not an option for internet connection sharing? Thanks for the great tip!
22nd September 2009, 03:49 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
This is the way I worked around vz access manager and you don't need a to do it. I am able to get on the internet on my laptop through my cell phone via bluetooth or USB.

Dial ##778
Click Edit
Unlock Code is 000000
Click View Info
Scroll Down to M.IP Default Profile
3rd row down is DUN NAI
Click DUN NAI and then click Menu
Then Edit
Change the Value to (yournumber)@vzw3g.com
example 7777777777@vzw3g.com
Click ok
Click Menu , OK
Should Soft reset and then you are good to go!
In fact I am typing this on my laptop which is bluetooth tethered to my TP2 right now!

Enjoy!
22nd September 2009, 05:08 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 3

6 posts
More
Eliteoomph,

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I am missing something. Up until today, I was paying for VZW tethering and was easily able to connect via bluetooth using DUN. After reading this thread, I created the shortcut to Internet Sharing (the one that came on the VZW TP2), connected via USB cable and was able to surf the internet on my laptop with no problem. I called VZW and canceled my tethering plan. I am still able to easily connect to the internet on my laptop using the Internet Sharing program via USB. My question is, can you use Internet Sharing via Bluetooth? There does not appear to be that option inside of the Internet Sharing program.

By the way, a big thanks for this thread. I am now saving $15/month (tethering) for the data I am already paying $45/month (corporate unlimited data) for. Also, a few quick checks on DSL Reports and I am averaging 1,700 up and 600 down on my TP2 connection. Unbelievable!
22nd September 2009, 06:31 AM   |  #15  

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylordawg

Eliteoomph,

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I am missing something. Up until today, I was paying for VZW tethering and was easily able to connect via bluetooth using DUN. After reading this thread, I created the shortcut to Internet Sharing (the one that came on the VZW TP2), connected via USB cable and was able to surf the internet on my laptop with no problem. I called VZW and canceled my tethering plan. I am still able to easily connect to the internet on my laptop using the Internet Sharing program via USB. My question is, can you use Internet Sharing via Bluetooth? There does not appear to be that option inside of the Internet Sharing program.

By the way, a big thanks for this thread. I am now saving $15/month (tethering) for the data I am already paying $45/month (corporate unlimited data) for. Also, a few quick checks on DSL Reports and I am averaging 1,700 up and 600 down on my TP2 connection. Unbelievable!

I am not sure I have never used the internet sharing program or done it that way.
I just dialed #778 and did it that way.
I am able to use bluetooth though.
You need to connect to your laptop via bluetooth
setup a Dial up network and see if it works
number is #777
Username (yournumber)@vzw3g.com
password vzw
3rd October 2009, 02:37 AM   |  #16  
Flag Jersey City
Thanks Meter: 31

227 posts
Thanks for this info. I got the Bluetooth DUN sans $15/month working with the tweaks to the M.IP profile.

How does this method compare to ICS Bluetooth PAN?

Why was BT removed from ICS? Who decided to remove it, MS or VZW?

If ICS BT PAN offers better performance than BT DUN, is there a way to reinstall the complete ICS?

Thanks
3rd October 2009, 05:18 AM   |  #17  

26 posts
I am not certain but it shouldn't be any slower
It is plently fast for me I play WOW in my truck over bluetooth without any problems and even use my slingbox over it to watch football games while tailgaiting....
Works great!
5th October 2009, 10:08 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 30

125 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_365

Thanks for this info. I got the Bluetooth DUN sans $15/month working with the tweaks to the M.IP profile.

How does this method compare to ICS Bluetooth PAN?

Why was BT removed from ICS? Who decided to remove it, MS or VZW?

If ICS BT PAN offers better performance than BT DUN, is there a way to reinstall the complete ICS?

Thanks

The complete ICS is installed. What is missing is the PAN profile from the Bluetooth Stack. Verizon simply chose not to include it. I've been trying to find out it Sprint or Telus have it and if so, we should be able to grab the files.
11th October 2009, 11:42 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 6

511 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce31797

That worked great. I am on the phones connection as I type this. Thanks for the extended directions, they were very helpful. Now, I just wish I was getting better than 1x at my home so it would be faster to test. I have Wi/Fi at home, so I guess it is not that big of a deal.
I just did the http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ speed test and got the following:
Download Speed: 133 kbps (16.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 78 kbps (9.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

This reply is random, I know.. but I thought I'd post my '3G' connection speedtest;

Download Speed: 1928 kbps (241 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 408 kbps (51 KB/sec transfer rate)

I'm about 15 minutes outside of Saint Paul, MN and I did the test to the IL datacenter on speakeasy.net/speedtest.

-mak

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread