Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,525 Members 39,902 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

o2 Graphite build WM6.5English beta1!!!!!

Tip us?

cubaseda
Old
(Last edited by cubaseda; 23rd September 2009 at 05:24 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up o2 Graphite build WM6.5English beta1!!!!!

Greetings to all!!!I represent you first the european the build WM6.5 Standart,language,only english!!!!!It is made on a basis OEM-parts from WM6.0 O2 UK,with kitchen use amazingosp from is forum ioicn.com.cn,build OS has given ALEUT from is forum wce.by http://www.4shared.com/account/file/...6/WM65Eng.html The problem with the chamber is solved. The reference has updated.

drummer10630
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I tried using this and got nothing. It seems to be running, but doesn't flash the phone. What's the deal with the WM5storage .jpg? The instructions are not in English so is it prompting us to use a particular setting? When it apparently finishes, it just sits there waiting for the phone to reboot, which also never happens...Try again please, or post some instructions.
Device History:

Smart AmazingPhone 1, O2 Xphone, Orange c500, T-Mobile SDA (uk), Audiovox smt5600, I-Mate sp5, T-Mobile MDA Pro, T-Mobile SDA (usa), O2 Atom, O2 Atom Exec, Dopod 838 Pro, Orange SPV m3100, Asus p525, Cingular 2125, AT&T Tilt, HTC Kaiser, O2 XDA Graphite, iPhone 4, HTC Hero, Galaxy S2 (m250s), iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, Galaxy S2 (i9100)

cubaseda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer10630 View Post
When it apparently finishes, it just sits there waiting for the phone to reboot, which also never happens...Try again please, or post some instructions.
This ROM intended for loading with use usb-cable.When phone is switched off,do so as for loading from a flash card.After phone will enter in flashing mode,connect it to the computer and also start "ezboot.exe".Jupiter.abi&Jupiter_SPBL.abi files,should is in one directory with ezboot.exe.I hope, will understand further

drummer10630
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubaseda View Post
This ROM intended for loading with use usb-cable.When phone is switched off,do so as for loading from a flash card.After phone will enter in flashing mode,connect it to the computer and also start "ezboot.exe".Jupiter.abi&Jupiter_SPBL.abi files,should is in one directory with ezboot.exe.I hope, will understand further

So do you mean, start the phone in Bootloader mode, and run the ezboot.exe file?
Device History:

Smart AmazingPhone 1, O2 Xphone, Orange c500, T-Mobile SDA (uk), Audiovox smt5600, I-Mate sp5, T-Mobile MDA Pro, T-Mobile SDA (usa), O2 Atom, O2 Atom Exec, Dopod 838 Pro, Orange SPV m3100, Asus p525, Cingular 2125, AT&T Tilt, HTC Kaiser, O2 XDA Graphite, iPhone 4, HTC Hero, Galaxy S2 (m250s), iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, Galaxy S2 (i9100)

cubaseda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer10630 View Post
So do you mean, start the phone in Bootloader mode, and run the ezboot.exe file?
Yes,so

drummer10630
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Ok, It works. Here's how I accomplished it, and some of the features you will find in this rom. I used WINXP Pro SP3.

1. Disable (uncheck) "Allow USB" and "Allow Connections to one of the following" (Comm Ports) settings in Active Sync 4.5
2. Double click the EZBOOT.exe and then click the NEXT button (it's in a language that my computer can't read, so just assume the NEXT button is on the LEFT).
3. With the unit off, and the sim inserted, but no storage card, insert the USB cable and hold the joystick to the DOWN position (this is where many get confused, its the down or south direction, toward your body, NOT pressed IN), and press the power button at the same time. You will see it enter bootloader mode, and it says updating on the phone screen.
4. Now click the NEXT button on the EZBOOT program and it will flash your unit.
5. It took about 15 minutes and I was using a UK version O2 XDA Graphite, with the official WM6 O2 rom.
6. You will see red and green bars going left to right on your phone. Don't panic, it's normal.
7. It seems to finish the last bit faster than the rest, and reboots to the normal O2 Welcome screen, and then a NEW ORANGE Windows 2nd screen, then to the setup screen, with all the normal options.
8. The default homescreen is called Sliding Panel, and there is another new one called Sliding Panel Media which adds shortcuts for playing music, and viewing photos. I am sure someone has written a review of WM6.5 so I will leave the other descriptions for other websites.

A few notes:
it uses bootloader Eboot ver:UK_V3.4.0_XB FUU

and it SAYS you will be flashing OS M_V6.1.0_SZT_080320 and
RADIO V3.17.2 P10_2008-03-20 but I ended up with
RADIO V 2.17.2 P9_2007-06-11 so I guess my radio didn't change? No problem, I made sample texts and calls with zero issues.

The threaded text messaging is kinda cool and the sliding shortcut functions of the homescreen is handy...

In Settings/About it reads: Windows Mobile 6.5 Standard CE OS 5.2.23017 (build 23017.5.3.0). I am guessing that a hard reset will change my radio, but I will leave it for now, as it seems to be working ok. Thanks to cubaseda for the rom.
Device History:

drummer10630
Old
(Last edited by drummer10630; 23rd September 2009 at 11:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubaseda View Post
The problem with the chamber is solved.
Thank you for the rom and fixing the issue with the camera. I used a regeditor to disable threaded SMS and to allow for Sent Messages notifications.
Device History:

tigerstigers
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can this be used in o2 graphite Asian? Please suggest

drummer10630
Old
(Last edited by drummer10630; 29th September 2009 at 12:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerstigers View Post

If you try it and it doesn't allow you to flash, then the answer is still Yes, if you use ResHacker, and Open EZBOOT.exe in Reshacker.
Then modify the part of the package which is responsible for telling you that the phone you plugged in is not an XDA Graphite. And its actually correct, as the device name for Asian graphites is something like "O2 Graphite" not "XDA Graphite" which is what the installer is expecting. SO - Expand the node in the tree on the left that says "String Table" and then expand the node "3". Click the "1033" node, and you'll get some text displayed on the right. Look for a like that says: 34, "Xda Graphite" and change it to your device's name so it looks like this: "34, "O2 Graphite".
Click File -> Save As and save the updated package as something like UpdatedInstaller.exe.
Device History:

cubaseda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerstigers View Post
Yes, can. My phone Asian