Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,528 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HERO Update

Tip us?

Breakthecycle2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default HERO Update

I download the RUU Rom link and ran it. I have the phone connected, but when I try to do the update it says my phone is not connected. Anyone have any ideas?

leshii
Old
Thanks Meter 4
First suggestion would be not to use the RUU as from what I've seen it updates HBOOT which seems to restrict things going forward .

modaco's 2.2 rom is basically a rooted rom from the RUU you can also get the updated radio from his site too without updating HBOOT.

Both the radio and the rom are in a nice update.zip format which is easy to use but you do need to backup contacts stored on the phone and sms etc as it does require a wipe. (the again I believe the RUU dies this too anyway).

Heppieboeddah
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
I download the RUU Rom link and ran it. I have the phone connected, but when I try to do the update it says my phone is not connected. Anyone have any ideas?
Try to start it from the fastboot. Switch of the phone. Turn it on again holding the back, and on/off button till you see the 'fastboot' screen. Then connect the phone with the PC and wait till the drivers are loaded and you see in the screen 'fastboot usb'. Then run RUU****.exe again.

That worked on my Vista Ultimate 64bits machine.

Breakthecycle2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppieboeddah View Post
Try to start it from the fastboot. Switch of the phone. Turn it on again holding the back, and on/off button till you see the 'fastboot' screen. Then connect the phone with the PC and wait till the drivers are loaded and you see in the screen 'fastboot usb'. Then run RUU****.exe again.

That worked on my Vista Ultimate 64bits machine.
I actually got it. I didn't need fastboot. Im such a dumb ass. I never installed HTC sync.

Heppieboeddah
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
I actually got it. I didn't need fastboot. Im such a dumb ass. I never installed HTC sync.
Djeez! What is the rtfm for? Even basics are to difficult for some..