HERO Update

OP Breakthecycle2

19th September 2009, 01:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 33

2,527 posts
I download the RUU Rom link and ran it. I have the phone connected, but when I try to do the update it says my phone is not connected. Anyone have any ideas?
19th September 2009, 01:59 AM   |  #2  
Flag County Durham
Thanks Meter: 4

8 posts
More
First suggestion would be not to use the RUU as from what I've seen it updates HBOOT which seems to restrict things going forward .

modaco's 2.2 rom is basically a rooted rom from the RUU you can also get the updated radio from his site too without updating HBOOT.

Both the radio and the rom are in a nice update.zip format which is easy to use but you do need to backup contacts stored on the phone and sms etc as it does require a wipe. (the again I believe the RUU dies this too anyway).
19th September 2009, 02:03 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 85

710 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2

I download the RUU Rom link and ran it. I have the phone connected, but when I try to do the update it says my phone is not connected. Anyone have any ideas?

Try to start it from the fastboot. Switch of the phone. Turn it on again holding the back, and on/off button till you see the 'fastboot' screen. Then connect the phone with the PC and wait till the drivers are loaded and you see in the screen 'fastboot usb'. Then run RUU****.exe again.

That worked on my Vista Ultimate 64bits machine.
19th September 2009, 03:43 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 33

2,527 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppieboeddah

Try to start it from the fastboot. Switch of the phone. Turn it on again holding the back, and on/off button till you see the 'fastboot' screen. Then connect the phone with the PC and wait till the drivers are loaded and you see in the screen 'fastboot usb'. Then run RUU****.exe again.

That worked on my Vista Ultimate 64bits machine.

I actually got it. I didn't need fastboot. Im such a dumb ass. I never installed HTC sync.
19th September 2009, 03:54 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 85

710 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2

I actually got it. I didn't need fastboot. Im such a dumb ass. I never installed HTC sync.

Djeez! What is the rtfm for? Even basics are to difficult for some..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread