Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,672 Members 39,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What Cookie version do you prefer ?
CHT 1.8.5 353 6.24%
CHT 2.0 1,311 23.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5654. You may not vote on this poll

B [WWE|GER|FRA|ITA|NLD] |July 4| Energy™-.¸¸.·´¯6.5|21916/ 6.5.X|29022 * Sense 2021

Tip us?

Z80-Man
Old
(Last edited by Z80-Man; 22nd August 2010 at 01:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 122
Just flashed 23678 ; this time, I choosed the Standard Energy, as the sizes showed an important difference, characterizing a very empty "Reference" ROM.

Since the rotation program is missing though the button longpress is linked to it, I installed my CAB, immediately followed by the 3D acceleration package from Neos.

But first things to do are :

- Launch BSB Tweaks to set up the phone

- Select the right time zone and set up date and time

- Restore settings

- Synchronize with outlook

Now, the testings and feedback :

- I like the full load of utilities and the colorful icons

- Pictures and camera tab works perfectly

- Still no rotation except for the few programs that manage it (HTC Album, music tab, etc.) : it must definitely be something related to 23xxx builds.

- General speed is excellent ; I thought is was slower than 23121, but it became even faster as soon as the graphics accelerator package was installed (yes, it does speed up Sense, and even Windows Mobile Start menu, and file browsing)

- Wi-fi connection is still a bit unsatisfactory, as are actually all the versions that have this "Advanced" button not working (there should be something in common)

- The usual testing 3D and accelerometers apps are working OK (Diamond Hlogram : 25 fps). Diamond Saber does NOT react to g-sensor (bad luck : this seems to affect about 1 ROM out of 2 ! )

- NFS Undercover is NOT working (usual "out of memory" message at startup, though there is 20 time the free memory required).

- Music tab is working perfectly, as usual (I actually never seen it not working in any Energy ROM)

- Memory use and recovery are similar to 23121, so not as good as 23128.

- I had great hopes about time zones and correct world clock hours after having read the changelog, but no : Australian New South Wales and New Caledonia are still messy... The original HTC files are wrong anyway, and the database still has to be corrected by hand.

A few words about global skining and appearance :

- I also choosed the "Standard Energy" version because it has a very effective taskbar. The "Dinik" skinned one looks slightly better, but it's basically the same, and it's also the only one that never displayed a doubled BlueTooth icon nor any other weird things I often get with other taskbars. It's really a good and reliable one.

- I like the colored second layer HTC icons, but the "GTX" style menus looks strange here ! Same for the "GTX" style buttons in "Home" settings, etc. It looks like some graphics elements escaped from their master and hid inside non-GTX ROMs ! But maybe the second layer can't be transparent, as the first one is. Nonetheless, I would love having black background ones instead.

- The rounded "Dinik" (with glassy reflections) style indicators in the Stocks tab look a bit lost against the overall "non Dinik" style !

These are tiny details I just wanted to bring to NRGZ's attention, just to produce more homogeneous ROMs !
HTC HD/HD2 with 64 GB SD XC - Energy WM6.5.3 build 29022 French / Sense 2.5 build 2019 / CHT 2.0 - GTX clock - Radio ROM 1.17.25.09/2.12.50.02_2
How-to : FingerKeyboard management and XT9 patch
Wiki : Energy ROMs Wiki
Energy ROMs add-ons & fixes CABs : General mods and fixes *** HD FRA fixes *** HD2 FRA fixes
Non flipping digital clocks for Sense/CHT 1.7/1.8/2.0 : CHT2.0 version ready !

balzo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Angry Awesome!

this EnrgyROM is freaking awesome start downloading now!

PiotrD
Old
Thanks Meter 8
On Music Tab not work "Update Album Art (Rom date Aug 18) 21xxx or 23xxx
plis on fix and link http to repair this problem

pzdr

GSDLt
Old
(Last edited by GSDLt; 22nd August 2010 at 06:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Default German Rom

I just installed the German ROM 17aug.cookie. The first impression was pretty good. Than I noticed a problem. When trying to use "Settings Export" to import my settings, I was told to insert a storage card first. I assume this is due to the name "Speicherkarte" in German, but it just doesn't work this way.

I'll be searching for more bugs and report them as they turn up.

Edit: As I just lost all my data on my SD card (I have no clue what happened), I'll have to start from scratch with this rom, maybe not so bad...

bagis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z80-Man View Post
Just flashed 23678 ; this time, I choosed the Standard Energy, as the sizes showed an important difference, characterizing a very empty "Reference" ROM.

Since the rotation program is missing though the button longpress is linked to it, I installed my CAB, immediately followed by the 3D acceleration package from Neos.

But first things to do are :

- Launch BSB Tweaks to set up the phone

- Select the right time zone and set up date and time

- Restore settings

- Synchronize with outlook

Now, the testings and feedback :

- I like the full load of utilities and the colorful icons

- Pictures and camera tab works perfectly

- Still no rotation except for the few programs that manage it (HTC Album, music tab, etc.) : it must definitely be something related to 23xxx builds.

- General speed is excellent ; I thought is was slower than 23121, but it became even faster as soon as the graphics accelerator package was installed (yes, it does speed up Sense, and even Windows Mobile Start menu, and file browsing)

- Wi-fi connection is still a bit unsatisfactory, as are actually all the versions that have this "Advanced" button not working (there should be something in common)

- The usual testing 3D and accelerometers apps are working OK (Diamond Hlogram : 25 fps). Diamond Saber does NOT react to g-sensor (bad luck : this seems to affect about 1 ROM out of 2 ! )

- NFS Undercover is NOT working (usual "out of memory" message at startup, though there is 20 time the free memory required).

- Music tab is working perfectly, as usual (I actually never seen it not working in any Energy ROM)

- Memory use and recovery are similar to 23121, so not as good as 23128.

- I had great hopes about time zones and correct world clock hours after having read the changelog, but no : Australian New South Wales and New Caledonia are still messy... The original HTC files are wrong anyway, and the database still has to be corrected by hand.

A few words about global skining and appearance :

- I also choosed the "Standard Energy" version because it has a very effective taskbar. The "Dinik" skinned one looks slightly better, but it's basically the same, and it's also the only one that never displayed a doubled BlueTooth icon nor any other weird things I often get with other taskbars. It's really a good and reliable one.

- I like the colored second layer HTC icons, but the "GTX" style menus looks strange here ! Same for the "GTX" style buttons in "Home" settings, etc. It looks like some graphics elements escaped from their master and hid inside non-GTX ROMs ! But maybe the second layer can't be transparent, as the first one is. Nonetheless, I would love having black background ones instead.

- The rounded "Dinik" (with glassy reflections) style indicators in the Stocks tab look a bit lost against the overall "non Dinik" style !

These are tiny details I just wanted to bring to NRGZ's attention, just to produce more homogeneous ROMs !
To enable the rotation search for the application ChangeScreen trough the threads. i installed the cookie rom and it works the rotation

sprit
Old
(Last edited by sprit; 24th August 2010 at 07:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hello Energy, decided to try your new 6.5 rom again (21914 version/sense2.5/wwe/) from Aug 18.
I'm using the company's mail for exchange server for synching my mail, calendar and contacts. Usually works like a charm, but when I tried creating an appointment in my phone, I got the error code 0x80072f17.
Big thanks to everyone

balzo
Old
(Last edited by balzo; 22nd August 2010 at 05:37 PM.) Reason: adding some important information
Thanks Meter 0
Mine htc touch HD is prepared for the update but it doesnt work
anyone knows how to solve this problem?? i get: ERROR[262: UPDATE ERROR

it is a connection problem, and my microsoft activsync ****s down to, is that normal???

RJ45
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Which build is everyone seem to be having less freezing with? For the past 2 ROMs that I've flashed 23xxx builds and after a while they all seem to freeze while I'm in the middle of using them. This time I was using the Reference ROM with Manila 2.1 even. I would like to go back to GTX because I love the look however I seem to be reading that CHT 1.8.5 and our devices don't mix too well speed wise.

My 23569 GTX build of EnergyROM from back in May lasted me the longest and without any problems at all. I still have the ROM but I flashed to something new because I had that new itch and now due to the freezing I want to flash to something but I'm not sure what (MaxSense is out of the question, that's what I had before this Reference flash and I thought it would be something I like but turns out I didn't like it and it froze a lot on me)

TonyPants
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ45 View Post
Which build is everyone seem to be having less freezing with? For the past 2 ROMs that I've flashed 23xxx builds and after a while they all seem to freeze while I'm in the middle of using them. This time I was using the Reference ROM with Manila 2.1 even. I would like to go back to GTX because I love the look however I seem to be reading that CHT 1.8.5 and our devices don't mix too well speed wise.

My 23569 GTX build of EnergyROM from back in May lasted me the longest and without any problems at all. I still have the ROM but I flashed to something new because I had that new itch and now due to the freezing I want to flash to something but I'm not sure what (MaxSense is out of the question, that's what I had before this Reference flash and I thought it would be something I like but turns out I didn't like it and it froze a lot on me)
Have you used task 29 to clean out your rom?

RJ45
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyPants View Post
Have you used task 29 to clean out your rom?
Yes I have. It's part of my routine before flashing a new ROM. I used to flash to stock rom first but then switched over to Task 29.

Tags
vali