Just flashed 23678 ; this time, I choosed the Standard Energy, as the sizes showed an important difference, characterizing a very empty "Reference" ROM.
Since the rotation program is missing though the button longpress is linked to it, I installed my CAB, immediately followed by the 3D acceleration package from Neos.
But first things to do are :
- Launch BSB Tweaks to set up the phone
- Select the right time zone and set up date and time
- Restore settings
- Synchronize with outlook
Now, the testings and feedback :
- I like the full load of utilities and the colorful icons
- Pictures and camera tab works perfectly
- Still no rotation except for the few programs that manage it (HTC Album, music tab, etc.) : it must definitely be something related to 23xxx builds.
- General speed is excellent ; I thought is was slower than 23121, but it became even faster as soon as the graphics accelerator package was installed (yes, it does speed up Sense, and even Windows Mobile Start menu, and file browsing)
- Wi-fi connection is still a bit unsatisfactory, as are actually all the versions that have this "Advanced" button not working (there should be something in common)
- The usual testing 3D and accelerometers apps are working OK (Diamond Hlogram : 25 fps). Diamond Saber does NOT react to g-sensor (bad luck : this seems to affect about 1 ROM out of 2 !
- NFS Undercover is NOT working (usual "out of memory" message at startup, though there is 20 time the free memory required).
- Music tab is working perfectly, as usual (I actually never seen it not working in any Energy ROM)
- Memory use and recovery are similar to 23121, so not as good as 23128.
- I had great hopes about time zones and correct world clock hours after having read the changelog, but no : Australian New South Wales and New Caledonia are still messy... The original HTC files are wrong anyway, and the database still has to be corrected by hand.
A few words about global skining and appearance :
- I also choosed the "Standard Energy" version because it has a very effective taskbar. The "Dinik" skinned one looks slightly better, but it's basically the same, and it's also the only one that never displayed a doubled BlueTooth icon nor any other weird things I often get with other taskbars. It's really a good and reliable one.
- I like the colored second layer HTC icons, but the "GTX" style menus looks strange here !
Same for the "GTX" style buttons in "Home" settings, etc. It looks like some graphics elements escaped from their master and hid inside non-GTX ROMs !
But maybe the second layer can't be transparent, as the first one is. Nonetheless, I would love having black background ones instead.
- The rounded "Dinik" (with glassy reflections) style indicators in the Stocks tab look a bit lost against the overall "non Dinik" style !
These are tiny details I just wanted to bring to NRGZ's attention, just to produce more homogeneous ROMs !