Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 48,247 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Spare Parts - Accurate Battery Readout?

Tip us?

soulonfirexx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Spare Parts - Accurate Battery Readout?

Hey all, I was wondering about Spare Part's Battery percentage counter and its accuracy. I'm kind of OCD about the battery right now because I want to know exactly how long it will last on regular usage.

Anyway, I took it off the charger at about 6:30 AM this morning after an alarm, had another alarm and had about 4 calls. Messed with it a bit (Twitter and Gmail, etc) and went to work. It was at 100% until about 10:30/11 AM (quite a while) until I went installing Handcent SMS.

I tested it out and checked the battery. It was at 97%. Every 5 or so minutes, I checked the battery and it would go down a percent every time. Already uninstalled Handcent SMS as I thought it might be doing something.

It's 11:40 AM now and battery 88%.

I have Gmail to only sync my mail and it hasn't synced since 9 this morning, no calendar and contacts because contacts sync quite often and I didn't need it to. Twitter is set to sync every 2 hours. Those are the only things that have any syncing ability really.

Last night I had the phone in standby for about 3 hours and it was at 48% that whole time.

Mobile network is off since I'm on Wifi.

Is Spare Parts just catching up to the battery? Are there any apps to get the battery % in the status bar on top? Thanks guys!
HTC Aria
ROM: attn1's Liberated_Aria FR008
Recovery: Unrevoked3

senshiro87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulonfirexx View Post
Are there any apps to get the battery % in the status bar on top? Thanks guys!
Are there any? I've tried Battery status and Battery status free - both shows battery icon in the status bar, but the don't show the %. Help!

sphinxy
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Try "battery level"

Stafflover
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulonfirexx View Post
Last night I had the phone in standby for about 3 hours and it was at 48% that whole time.

Mobile network is off since I'm on Wifi.

Is Spare Parts just catching up to the battery? Are there any apps to get the battery % in the status bar on top? Thanks guys!
I don't know anything about spare parts, but I do know that wifi really drains the battery. You said last night I had the phone in standby, was the screen (thus the wifi) on during the whole day?
It's turned of when put in standby so it's logical it doesn't drain the battery then.

senshiro87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, I have solution. I've found Battery Monitor v1.0.5 and finally it shows the percentage in the status bar

njgheewala
Old
(Last edited by njgheewala; 11th November 2009 at 03:29 AM.) Reason: FOUND OUT TE SOLUTION
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by senshiro87 View Post
Ok, I have solution. I've found Battery Monitor v1.0.5 and finally it shows the percentage in the status bar
What if you have the status bar black...the text of the percentage is also black. Is there a way to change the text color?

EDIT: I found out that when you are in the status bar press the Monitor and once it gets to the blue screen where you have to enable it press menu and settings and the only option there is to change font color.
Current Phone:
T-Mobile G2 Stock
Phones I have used:
Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) Stock
HTC Dream (G1) - CM6 - FroyoRedux v1.95
RADIO 2.22.23.02
SPL 1.33.2005 Hayruko
RECOVERY - Amon RA custom v1.7.0
4GB Transend class 6 w/parted 1024 ext3, 64 swap
Past ROM's:
LFD Froyo SP French Connection
SuperD 1.11