Android streaming to airport express

Search This thread

mrstef_

Jun 7, 2011
No it doesn't...

Download Doubletwist app and AirSync app to go with it and your golden. Stream to ATV, Airport Express and extreme, xbox, etc

No Airport Express support.

AirSync:
♬ Wirelessly sync iTunes music, iTunes playlists, iTunes ratings and playcounts.
♬ Stream music, videos and photos to devices such as Xbox, PS3, Sonos, and Apple TV (black model; AirPort Express not yet supported).

m-a-n-t-r-a

Nov 4, 2012
TuneIn app audio to Airport Express???

Is it somehow possible to stream the audio form the TuneIn app to a Apple Airport Express?

Last edited:

yakapo

Apr 16, 2010
Is there a solution for this problem yet? I want to stream music from rhapsody on my android to an airplay Denon AVR. Works seamlessly with my wife's ipad.

Kachar123

Nov 2, 2010
I will happily pay for any application which can stream music from my Android phone to AirPort Express just like iPod Touch or iPhone does.

GeekDragon

Oct 24, 2010
Western Momouth County
Happy New Year!

Unfortunately we Android users still don't have any way to wirelessly stream audio from our Androids to a receiver to powered speakers so as I mentioned in this thread a year ago, I bought a Logitech Squeezebox. I purchased a couple for family and friends again this Christmas and boy were they happy. Despite the $200 price tag, it's really a great little device that can be controlled from almost any platform. I can be out in the woods behind the house far enough that I can't access my wireless but can still crank up the music because it connects to the Squeezebox through the online account via 3/4G. Priceless! :D

wintrxtrem

Jan 3, 2006
Weren't Squeezeboxes discontinued? What model are you using?

I've been trying to find a Touch and aside from overpriced ebay listings I can't find a thing.

GeekDragon

Oct 24, 2010
Western Momouth County
Weren't Squeezeboxes discontinued? What model are you using?

I've been trying to find a Touch and aside from overpriced ebay listings I can't find a thing.

Sorry, you're absolutely correct! I get the names mixed up but what I got people for Christmas was the new "Logitech UE Smart Radio". Not sure what all the changes are about but this new system and the Squeezebox work very much the same once set up.

Telnaur

Jan 25, 2013
Unfortunately we Android users still don't have any way to wirelessly stream audio from our Androids to a receiver to powered speakers so as I mentioned in this thread a year ago, I bought a Logitech Squeezebox. I purchased a couple for family and friends again this Christmas and boy were they happy. Despite the $200 price tag, it's really a great little device that can be controlled from almost any platform. I can be out in the woods behind the house far enough that I can't access my wireless but can still crank up the music because it connects to the Squeezebox through the online account via 3/4G. Priceless! :D

Just successfully played audio from a Samsung tab 2 7inch (running android) to my apple airport express (gen 1) using the free app "Twonky Beam"
Wasn't an easy to navigate app but works nicely once you figure it out (have to slide in the hidden menu from the right side in order to select your "beam destination" (AirPlay)

Hope that helps an old thread.

Telnaur

Last edited:

quarksurfer

Sep 4, 2012
www.sugarlab3D.com
This is so frustrating. I can't find anyway to stream audio from my phone through my wifi (airport in this case) to my speakers. I would have thought it would be simple. Twonky seems wonky. My airport doesn't show up as a 'beam device'...

Telnaur

Jan 25, 2013
This is so frustrating. I can't find anyway to stream audio from my phone through my wifi (airport in this case) to my speakers. I would have thought it would be simple. Twonky seems wonky. My airport doesn't show up as a 'beam device'...

You would need to manually add the airport express's ip address as a "beam" device in twonky. Its an odd app in the way it was designed but you can get it to eventually stream.

JerseySprint

Jan 27, 2010
I have a little experience with this after 2 years of digging. First lets clear up the terminology. What we are looking for is considered by the pro audio community to be called a "virtual sound card".

What we are asking for is for Android to see these devices at the OS level just like they see the sound hardware on the device itself. Its not a tall order considering this has been around from almost the start of Windows and MAC. Basically we are asking Android to send audio to a virtual sound card instead of the built in hardware. This means all audio will go to this device. It would no longer be application specific because the OS simply redirects the audio taking the need for the application developer to support it seperately.

The reason you do not have this ability on your Android device is because of patents filed by Apple. Even though this tech was in use for years in the pro audio community and was common place Apple was able to file patents that give it a legal edge to try and claim this tech and they have done very well at being the big bully using those patents. The reason every audio freak uses apple is because they have no choice period. They are all being held hostage.

I dont expect this to come to android anytime soon.

Masterface7

Dec 31, 2007
Hello from the future, I have come across a new android app that may be the answer to this 4 year old question.
AirAudio - AirPlay for Android
I haven't had a chance to test it and it is a trial with an in-app unlock, but if it works as advertised I think it would be well worth it.
The ability to stream all phone audio, using whatever app is desired, to one or multiple airplay devices.
Make sure to back up your phone before installing and read the whole description as it says it may prevent phone from booting on unsupported devices.
Root required for a high quality streams.

Reactions: lucfig

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello from the future, I have come across a new android app that may be the answer to this 4 year old question.
    AirAudio - AirPlay for Android
    I haven't had a chance to test it and it is a trial with an in-app unlock, but if it works as advertised I think it would be well worth it.
    The ability to stream all phone audio, using whatever app is desired, to one or multiple airplay devices.
    Make sure to back up your phone before installing and read the whole description as it says it may prevent phone from booting on unsupported devices.
    Root required for a high quality streams.