Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Official statement from Google regarding the Cyanogen controvery

OP blueheeler

26th September 2009, 02:00 AM   |  #81  
Thanks Meter: 39

715 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrplr71

this is BS Can I go back to 4.0.4 without sync problems?

i dont see why not ... all the roms that were made before have the all google code source in the and should still work long as you have the zip to flash.... so go back = no problem .. but i was so excited about all the donut stuff cyan was including .....

let me go hunt this site see what developments been made with iphone
26th September 2009, 02:01 AM   |  #82  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 43

1,579 posts
More
seriously...iphone here I come...you can still jailbreak an iphone and they have a huge dev community...after the G1 is obselete what could possibly be next...I dont want to be tied down to a stock device...I haven't been stock since my first phone.
26th September 2009, 02:02 AM   |  #83  
Thanks Meter: 1

494 posts
More
The irony in the situation is the only phones that these custom builds touch really are phones who's manufacturers or providers already have a "business deal" to have these apps pre-installed on the phone. Enough said. If you want to be real about it HTC should be more concerned with hero being ported and and their pdf/office being passed around. Google don't lose anything at this point letting us play with our phones. Their turning rom distribution of any existing android build into warez, and all over apps that already come on the phone.
26th September 2009, 02:06 AM   |  #84  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 44

383 posts
More
ok, like i said in the post that got closed immediately after i posted it...

I propose a one day boycott of using your G phones, and that any willing community members hosting pages on android take them down for one day as a show of support for cyan, and to show G that although its within their legal rights, that a better solution must be found.

Who's down? Got a good date in mind?
26th September 2009, 02:07 AM   |  #85  
Thanks Meter: 16

69 posts
i just signed anotheR 2 year contract just o have my g1 that i brag about, now im having second thoughts about that apple thing
26th September 2009, 02:07 AM   |  #86  
Flag Austin Tx.

1,025 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_on184

i dont see why not ... all the roms that were made before have the all google code source in the and should still work long as you have the zip to flash.... so go back = no problem .. but i was so excited about all the donut stuff cyan was including .....

let me go hunt this site see what developments been made with iphone

I do have all cyans ROMS hehe!!!!
26th September 2009, 02:07 AM   |  #87  
Flag Loma Linda
Thanks Meter: 0

979 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr.slate

ok, lik ei said in the post that got closed immediately after i posted it...

I propose a one day boycott of using your G phones, and that any willing community members hosting pages on android take them down for one day as a show of support for cyan, and to show G that although its within theri legal rights, that a better solution must be found.

Who's down? Got a good date in mind?

i would suggest waiting a while until everyone in the android community could come together and decide on this so it would actually work i'm in
26th September 2009, 02:08 AM   |  #88  
Flag Austin

383 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.siraj

i would suggest waiting a while until everyone in the android community could come together and decide on this so it would actually work i'm in

So we got at least 2, who else is in?
26th September 2009, 02:09 AM   |  #89  
Thanks Meter: 14

322 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz

I'm confused...what phone on the market lack access to googles apps? How are we or any dev violating googles TOS if no one is putting anything on a phone that didn't already have the google apps on them?

That's like being sued by microsoft for souping up the version of windows that came with your PC...

this is a good point if we already have the app then it isnt being distributed it is being reinstalled. or we just all jump to a hero rom and say **** google
Last edited by saprano614; 26th September 2009 at 02:14 AM.
26th September 2009, 02:12 AM   |  #90  
Thanks Meter: 9

302 posts
i still have faith in android and google might as well rename themselves G-Douche i mean come on and especially cuz i live in america and im subscribed to tmobile all i get it G-Douche software im keeping android but all i use are hero roms i might as well switch to sprint and buy the hero becuz i only need hero things and if google wants to beat iFag i suggest they stop whining the only reason to be mad is if their stuff is being marketed as someone elses or if someone sells their apps

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread