Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 54,038 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official statement from Google regarding the Cyanogen controvery

Tip us?

Chosen_on184
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrplr71 View Post
this is BS Can I go back to 4.0.4 without sync problems?
i dont see why not ... all the roms that were made before have the all google code source in the and should still work long as you have the zip to flash.... so go back = no problem .. but i was so excited about all the donut stuff cyan was including .....

let me go hunt this site see what developments been made with iphone

AbsoluteDesignz
Old
Thanks Meter 42
seriously...iphone here I come...you can still jailbreak an iphone and they have a huge dev community...after the G1 is obselete what could possibly be next...I dont want to be tied down to a stock device...I haven't been stock since my first phone.
yeah...

soulife
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The irony in the situation is the only phones that these custom builds touch really are phones who's manufacturers or providers already have a "business deal" to have these apps pre-installed on the phone. Enough said. If you want to be real about it HTC should be more concerned with hero being ported and and their pdf/office being passed around. Google don't lose anything at this point letting us play with our phones. Their turning rom distribution of any existing android build into warez, and all over apps that already come on the phone.

tr.slate
Old
Thanks Meter 44
ok, like i said in the post that got closed immediately after i posted it...

I propose a one day boycott of using your G phones, and that any willing community members hosting pages on android take them down for one day as a show of support for cyan, and to show G that although its within their legal rights, that a better solution must be found.

Who's down? Got a good date in mind?

zarbam
Old
Thanks Meter 15
i just signed anotheR 2 year contract just o have my g1 that i brag about, now im having second thoughts about that apple thing

gtrplr71
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_on184 View Post
i dont see why not ... all the roms that were made before have the all google code source in the and should still work long as you have the zip to flash.... so go back = no problem .. but i was so excited about all the donut stuff cyan was including .....

let me go hunt this site see what developments been made with iphone
I do have all cyans ROMS hehe!!!!

prince.siraj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr.slate View Post
ok, lik ei said in the post that got closed immediately after i posted it...

I propose a one day boycott of using your G phones, and that any willing community members hosting pages on android take them down for one day as a show of support for cyan, and to show G that although its within theri legal rights, that a better solution must be found.

Who's down? Got a good date in mind?
i would suggest waiting a while until everyone in the android community could come together and decide on this so it would actually work i'm in
T-Mobile G2x waiting for CM7 to root
No more G1

tr.slate
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.siraj View Post
i would suggest waiting a while until everyone in the android community could come together and decide on this so it would actually work i'm in
So we got at least 2, who else is in?

saprano614
Old
(Last edited by saprano614; 26th September 2009 at 01:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post
I'm confused...what phone on the market lack access to googles apps? How are we or any dev violating googles TOS if no one is putting anything on a phone that didn't already have the google apps on them?

That's like being sued by microsoft for souping up the version of windows that came with your PC...
this is a good point if we already have the app then it isnt being distributed it is being reinstalled. or we just all jump to a hero rom and say **** google
EVO 4G

Sinister Rom v7
V6 supercharger script
Freedom Aggressive Kernel

http://audioexpressions.yolasite.com/

TheInfekted
Old
Thanks Meter 9
i still have faith in android and google might as well rename themselves G-Douche i mean come on and especially cuz i live in america and im subscribed to tmobile all i get it G-Douche software im keeping android but all i use are hero roms i might as well switch to sprint and buy the hero becuz i only need hero things and if google wants to beat iFag i suggest they stop whining the only reason to be mad is if their stuff is being marketed as someone elses or if someone sells their apps