[X51V] ROM WM6.5.1 VOIP Professional (WWE, ESN)

Search This thread

makuu

May 26, 2006
Hi Makuu. Thanks again.

Only one coment, I downloaded the patched version, but the DiAd_K_AximX51v_WM65pro_A10_5A0DWWEpriv.nb0 file has the same date (26/09/2009 11:07) than the non patched. It's ok?

BR

Yes, it's ok the tool I am using doesn't change the date of the nb0. If you want to double check, just change the date to 09/2010. If it works than you don't have the time bomb.

dk2

Aug 16, 2007
Thanks Makuu for the rom, I apreciate it, but here's my 2cents honestly I'm not a big fan of the new 6.5 build from Microsoft it's supposed to be more finger friendly but I found it to be a mess, the icons are too big doesn't look nice at all, I like the idea of the start menu on the bottom, but found the switcher type bar at the top that displays volume memory bat ect too be a pain in the ass. If this is the way that Microsoft is taking WM6.5 and WM7 I think they should reconsider.

Last edited:

bbz_Ghost

Apr 13, 2007
Very nice piece of work, but yeah, that massive hit to RAM is hurting on my (recently acquired after years of waiting) X51v. Is there a snowball's chance that some of us will ever see a barebones no-frills added basic 6.5 ROM for the X51v (that someone has cooked up, of course that is just that: barebones, with no extra fluff, etc? I mean, I do sorta-kinda like that Fingerkeyboard but, geez, that thing is a ***** to get used to - and yes I realize it'll just take some time, too used to the old style I guess.

Perhaps I need to spend some time focusing on learning how to cook a ROM myself so I can barebones one - I don't need a ton of stuff that's always included or included when possible: Office, Data backup, etc. A lot of stuff that's "stock" I'd dump if possible and get more room/RAM back.

And no Bubble Breaker? Come on... that's the game I always look for and the one I can't live without. ;)

Ok, just kidding there, but the Wife noticed it's missing on this one this thread is about and freaked so, no offense, but I had to revert to Lenny's L14 for the Wife. :D

It is always a pleasure to see continuing development on the best PocketPC ever made, and I finally got one, so, thank you makuu and to everyone else keeping our beloved Axims alive.

Long live the Dell Axim...

LowPro

Jul 6, 2007
Lisbon
Can someone please tell me how to flash this ROM?What prog do I need to open the files?I`ve been searching for an answer but no luck :(
Please PM me

P.S. does this ROM work on the OMNIA i900 ?

Last edited:

makuu

May 26, 2006
hi
someone knows how to make startup icons are smaller and are of 4 rows and not 3 as it appears at the beginning, plus know how to remove the finger keyboard and you can install another keyboard since I use spb keyboardy not work so use Resco Keyboard if anyone has any suggestions will be welcome
greetings

The size of the icon are the right one (default for a vga device) . I saw the screenshots of Lenny's WM6.5 rom. I believe that Lenny has not used the default settings maybe he has used the QVGA settings, you have to ask him what setting he used.
If you want to install a new keyboard then just install the new keyboard. To change the keyboard just maintain your thumb pressed on the keyboard icon then select the one you want. If you want to change the default one, go to program files, IMselector, IMselecter.

fbifbi

Sep 24, 2007
makuu :>

You are trully the greatest - love your ROMs and been using them since the beginning :D

Now if you please cook a nice version for us X50V users - we will be eternally greatful :)))

taxim

Aug 15, 2007
Chandler
Flashing procedure

Hi,

I assume that the flash steps are the same as for the Lennysh ROM's. Hold down the wifi, power and soft reset button, release the soft reset and wait for the nbo file to appear. Release the other two buttons and press the center navigation button twice to initiate.

If so, I'm having the same problem with this ROM as with Lenny's. No matter what I do, pressing the center action button does nothing. I'm not the only one having this problem; I see it on Lenny's site as well. I formated a plain vanilla SD card (not SDHC) to fat 32 and load the two files and proceed.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I have the 128 meg memory upgrade and it's frustrates the h**l out of me that it won't flash.:mad:

Top Liked Posts