Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Drivers for USB tether

OP kadison

29th September 2009, 11:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

136 posts
More
Tried USB tethering for the first time today and I was pleased with how quickly it set up and worked.

Now, I have HTC sync installed as this is my main PC, but does anyone know the set of driver files needed for Windows to pick up the Hero as a modem?

I'd like to pop them on the SD card to allow me to enable internet access on anyone's PC or laptop without installing full HTC sync.
29th September 2009, 11:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Ealing
Thanks Meter: 313

3,862 posts
More
If you've a default set up, the NDIS drivers can be found in c:\Program Files\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files.

Regards,

Dave
29th September 2009, 05:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

136 posts
More
Thanks but it only has the drivers there for Vista x64 (my OS), I really need drivers for XP and Vista x86 too
29th September 2009, 05:43 PM   |  #4  
Flag Ealing

3,862 posts
More
Odd - when I installed it here on W7 x86, I get both 32-bit and 64-bit driver directories. If you can, I suggest you install on a 32-bit installation to get the driver files.

Regards.

Dave
13th October 2009, 09:01 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Hello everyone,

This is one of my first post/reply here, so before anything thank you very much to all here for sharing such good infos.

I've tried to setup my Hero for use as USB Modem as well, but can not find the "HTC Remote NDIS Network Adapter" driver either. Reading on different forums it seems it used to be on the memory card shipped with the device, but I bought mine 4 days ago and the file isn't there now. HTC has probably changed policy regarding this. Can anyone point me to where I could download this file to install on my lapto using Vista.
Thank you very much.
13th October 2009, 10:42 AM   |  #6  
Flag Ealing

3,862 posts
More
You can download HTC sync direct from HTC's website. It contains all the necessary software and drivers, and is a later version than the one that shipped with the Hero (at least when mine was shipped anyway!).

Regards,

Dave
13th October 2009, 11:34 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

180 posts
u got it to work with the default program in htc sync??? i thought it doesnt work..i tried and i got an error
13th October 2009, 12:32 PM   |  #8  
Flag Ealing

3,862 posts
More
Works fine for me.

Regards,

Dave
13th October 2009, 12:42 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

180 posts
do u happen to have sprint service? im getting a username/password issue...i know its not the wrong info because i can get online fine without tethering..... im reading at many other places that sprint doesnt have it working yet??
13th October 2009, 01:11 PM   |  #10  
Flag Ealing

3,862 posts
More
No, mine is not a Sprint Hero. It is possible that Sprint have disable this option.

You might want to try PDAnet to see if that works with a Sprint Hero (see http://www.junefabrics.com/android/index.php )

Regards,

Dave

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread