Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 43,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Drivers for USB tether

Tip us?

kadison
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Drivers for USB tether

Tried USB tethering for the first time today and I was pleased with how quickly it set up and worked.

Now, I have HTC sync installed as this is my main PC, but does anyone know the set of driver files needed for Windows to pick up the Hero as a modem?

I'd like to pop them on the SD card to allow me to enable internet access on anyone's PC or laptop without installing full HTC sync.
Grey HTC One S

foxmeister
Old
Thanks Meter 304
If you've a default set up, the NDIS drivers can be found in c:\Program Files\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files.

Regards,

Dave

kadison
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks but it only has the drivers there for Vista x64 (my OS), I really need drivers for XP and Vista x86 too
Grey HTC One S

foxmeister
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Odd - when I installed it here on W7 x86, I get both 32-bit and 64-bit driver directories. If you can, I suggest you install on a 32-bit installation to get the driver files.

Regards.

Dave

High_Flyer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello everyone,

This is one of my first post/reply here, so before anything thank you very much to all here for sharing such good infos.

I've tried to setup my Hero for use as USB Modem as well, but can not find the "HTC Remote NDIS Network Adapter" driver either. Reading on different forums it seems it used to be on the memory card shipped with the device, but I bought mine 4 days ago and the file isn't there now. HTC has probably changed policy regarding this. Can anyone point me to where I could download this file to install on my lapto using Vista.
Thank you very much.

foxmeister
Old
Thanks Meter 304
You can download HTC sync direct from HTC's website. It contains all the necessary software and drivers, and is a later version than the one that shipped with the Hero (at least when mine was shipped anyway!).

Regards,

Dave

lawsofpower48
Old
Thanks Meter 2
u got it to work with the default program in htc sync??? i thought it doesnt work..i tried and i got an error

foxmeister
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Works fine for me.

Regards,

Dave

lawsofpower48
Old
Thanks Meter 2
do u happen to have sprint service? im getting a username/password issue...i know its not the wrong info because i can get online fine without tethering..... im reading at many other places that sprint doesnt have it working yet??

foxmeister
Old
Thanks Meter 304
No, mine is not a Sprint Hero. It is possible that Sprint have disable this option.

You might want to try PDAnet to see if that works with a Sprint Hero (see http://www.junefabrics.com/android/index.php )

Regards,

Dave