Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 54,104 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Parrot MK6000 problems

Tip us?

Techitrucker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Parrot MK6000 problems

Anyone else with a Parrot MK6000 having problems making and receiving a call while connected to the kit? Mine works great on stereo A2DP but when trying to make a call the voice cuts out after a second or two and then a few seconds later disconnects, probably because the person on the other end can't hear me and hangs up. At first I thought it was the phone and got a replacement but no joy. A similar thing happened with my Omnia last year and I got rid of the phone because of it thinking the phone was at fault but now I don't think so. Kit works fine with other phones but not Windows Mobile even though the phones I am having problems with are listed as completely compatible and tested on Parrots website. My software version on the kit is 1.03a which is their newest. Any ideas? Still waiting on a reply two days later from Parrot. Seems kind of screwy to have to worry whether and accessory like this will even work with your expensive phone. I thought that was why they came up with standards. These things aren't cheap or easy to install.
"Armadillo, The Other White Meat"
===Better With Barbeque===

Black Phoenix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try a Firmware update to the Parrot MK6000. Also ask them a way of configuring your HTC to work correctly. If they say that is full compatible, that's because they tested, and if they tested they know the definitions inputed in the phone.
HTC Rhodium T7373
ROM: 2.07.401.1 (80303) WWE;
RADIO: 4.49.25.91;
PROTOCOL: 61.44etc.25.35U.

Samsung GT-I9210
PDA: I9210XXMPM;
PHONE: I9210XXMA1;
CSC: I9210COVLP5.

bitslizer
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I've a MK6100 and it works fine, not exactly the same... but yeah try the firmware upgrade

Techitrucker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default None to try

I've already got the most recent firmware. Parrots testing is crap. When I first got the thing within a day, I knew that I needed a firmware update on their upgradeable "ahem" unit. Software upgradeable was even plastered all over the box. The unit that came in that box had the 1.0 software and guess what. Faulty testing. They had to replace it with a unit that had the current software because they made a mistake in testing and updating would not work on the 1.0 units. That was over a year ago and there is still no firmware updates. They knew they had a problem with WinMo phones even then and now they are saying compatible? Onl good thing that happened then was I was in Detroit and drove my big truck right up to the door of their headquarters. One of their lab guys was forced to reinstall the unit that had been installed just two days earlier. You would think they would never want to have to do something like that again. So anyways, I have a call and and email into them to let them know I have a problem and no response. Hopefully someone else who thinking of buying one of these units see's this post and takes the warning stay away, at least if you have a smart phone because these people aren't going to support you. (At least not unless you embarrass them by pullling up to their front door in a 75 foot truck )

Black Phoenix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techitrucker View Post
(...)(At least not unless you embarrass them by pullling up to their front door in a 75 foot truck )
Yeap, that's also a good way of making them do what they promise... And to claim warranties...
HTC Rhodium T7373
ROM: 2.07.401.1 (80303) WWE;
RADIO: 4.49.25.91;
PROTOCOL: 61.44etc.25.35U.

Samsung GT-I9210
PDA: I9210XXMPM;
PHONE: I9210XXMA1;
CSC: I9210COVLP5.

sblevine
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Stay away from Parrot bluetooth

I have two parrot handsfree units, CK3200LS in my car, CK3100 in my wifes.

They have caused nothing but trouble for my WM phones (Tilt and now TP2)

I can't get the TP2 to pair with the CK3100. I'm waiting for parrot to respond to my help request. Their support info is worthless. The instructions refer to settings which don't exist and password format which is unusable (/"1234/" ?).

When the WM phones successfully pair, there is a re-occuring problem in both Parrot units where there appears to be an incoming call (it doesn't show a caller ID - just 'CALL') but the call cannot be answered. If you press the green button to answer, the unit locks up. You can't "disconnect" with the red button. The only thing you can do, is turn the car off, wait for the unit to turn off, and then turn the car back on to reset. Sometimes my Tilt would get locked up from the call and need to be soft-reset as well.

I had the unit working successfully with non-WM phones for some time, so it was no longer under warranty. When it started with the WM phones I took it to the installer. He was aware of the problem, but had no idea how to deal with it as the problem is so transient.

Bottom line - stay away from Parrot if you have a WM phone.
sblevine

bitslizer
Old
Thanks Meter 30
have you try Jetware? I think it may solve alot of your problems

Techitrucker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Used Jetware in the past and it caused more problems than it solved. After paying and exhorbitant amount of money for a setup, should not be needing to spend another $15 bucks and installing new software on the phone anyways. The answer I received from Parrot is that even though their website specifically says that the TP2 is a supported phone they are not aware of that and it is not. Real organization there. They also said they will no longer be supporting the MK6000 with software updates not that they supported it much to begin with. They are more than happy to try and find a workaround which I will try but not holding my breath. This will be the last Parrot product I will purchase. The MK6000 is less than 2 years old and is a hard install. It is unimaginable that a company should stop supporting such a product in such a short period of time. The vehicle you need to rip apart to install this thing will more than likely be in financing three times as long. Thoroughly unacceptable.

leonveliki
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had some issues with the TP2 on my carkit too. I discovered that issue was with the ROM on my TP2. Because the carkit downloads the contacts, TP2 just blocks somehow, The response of the phone was slow, I could not accept calls... Then I have installed 6.5 beta version of rom for TP2 and it has sloved the issue. Maybe you could just try installing "official ROM" 6.5.

curwiler
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I am glad you have written this all down. I have an MK6000 in my car now, and while I have some issues between it and my (soon to be old) Tilt, I can make calls, have full conversations and listen to music. I just have to put up with weirdness after I hang up the call and check to ensure my phone isn't suddenly in silent mode when I turn the car off.

I would like to know, what else is out there as far as installed hands-free kits that will work with WM phones? I've got a Tilt 2 coming to me this week (yay!) so I really don't want more problems!!

-Chuck
Current: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i377 w/SafeStrap
Previous stuff: AT&T Galaxy S2/SGH-i777
AT&T Tilt2/HTC Rhodium
AT&T Tilt/HTC Kaiser
Cingular 8125/HTC Wizard
(good riddance, WinMo!)