JWMD Icon Changer is a Start Menu customization tool designed for Windows Mobile 6.5
- Changing/Removing the Icon
- Can create New Folder
- Saving/Loading Themes
- Sorting Start Menu Programs
- Register shortcut files
- Changing the Animated Bootup Screen (the 2nd bootup screen)
- Chaging Microsoft Bootup Screen (the 3rd bootup screen)
- Clear HTC Sense Icon Cache
- Must have .NET 3.5 Compact Framework Installed
- Windows Mobile 6.5
JWMD IconChanger v1.0
Icon Changer is a Start Menu customization tool designed for Windows Mobile 6.5
What you can do with JWMD Icon Changer?
CHANGING THE ICON
long press on an item to popup the context menu and click Change Icon.
A picture browser will show up for you to browse for an PNG image.
REMOVING THE ICON
long press on an item to popup the context menu and click Remove Icon.
SHOWING and HIDING THE ORIGINAL ICON
long press on an item to popup the context menu and click Show or Hide Orginal Icon.
SAVING and LOADING A THEME
Saving a theme will copy and build all neccessary information in a shortcut or folder located in the %Installed-Directory%\Themes
you must not rename the theme name folder or it will blow the path references!
Loading a theme will install all neccessary information in a shortcut or folder.
Image files will be transfered in "\Windows\IconChangerCache" to prevent from path referencing problem.
click on Menu>Sort Current Items.
Sort the current items on the list by ASC, DESC
REGISTERING SHORTCUT FILES IN REGISTRY
One of the problem when using Cooked ROM is when Cheffs forgot to make a registry key for their application shortcut in start menu.
click on "Menu>Scan uregistered shortcuts" to automatically register the unregistered application shortcut files into the registry so you can edit the icon in IconChanger.
CLEAR HTC SENSE ICON CACHE
One of the recent problem reported was HTC Sense quicklink icons doesn't update even after restarting the phone. This was because HTC Sense has it's own way of caching their icon for optimization. So to solve this problem, I added a new feature to clear this cache which you can find in
"Menu>Tools>HTC Sense Tools>Clear Icon Cache" and soft-reset the phone.
Read my blog post for more information.
Some Useful Resources
You can use this set of icons here
- biernes_atrece icons
- eknutson icons
maximum icon size is 256x256
Some Animated Splash Screens here
- Animated & Welcomehead - Windows Phone (WVGA-VGA-WQVGA-QVGA)
- Change Bootlogo Post #22, #23, #27
November 22, 2011
-- Removed Theme Menu
October 05, 2011 - Version 3
- Refresh Start Menu Icons
-- no need to restart after making a changes and sorting the menu items!!
- Potential bug in Picture Browser which doesn't clear the memory
August 17, 2011 - Version 2.10b
- Updated Picture Browser UI
- Application Icon
- API missing method - issue when making a soft-reset
February 27, 2011 - Version 2.9b
- Fixed problem in NETCFFolderDialog.dll
-- The bug occurs when browsing a Bluetooth folder which causes
-- the Picture Browser to terminate it self and go back to shortcut list.
September 29,2010 - Version 2.8b
- Fixed problem in NETCFFolderDialog.dll (UnauthorizedAccessException)
-- The bug occurs when browsing a folder in JWMDPictureBrowserControl.dll
-- which causes the Picture Browser to terminate it self and go back to shortcut list.
May 1, 2010 - Version 2.7c
- Test release
April 29, 2010 - Version 2.7b
- Tool for clearing HTC Sense icon cache
January 23, 2010 - Version 2.6b
- Names in Control Panel/Settings
- Faster NETCFFolderBrowser
- Trapping errors in JWMDPictureBrowser
January 16, 2010 – Version 2.5b
- Registry NullReference on startup
- Replaced WindowsCE PictureBrowser to my control so you can see the filename at the bottom of the icons
January 13, 2010 – Version 2.2
- Today item behavior
January 9, 2010 – Version 2.1
- Bug in scanning Folder not registered in registry.
October 17, 2009 – Version 1.9
- Bug in Changing Animated Bootscreen
- Bug in Changing Microsoft Bootscreen
October 16, 2009 – Version 1.8
- Works for German, French, and Italian Platforms
- Bonus Features
-- Animated Bootscreen Changer
-- Microsoft Bootscreen Changer (the 3rd bootup screen)
October 7, 2009
- Sorting now works properly (2)
- Missing shortcuts fixed.
- Enlarge buttons for finger friendly buttons.
October 6, 2009
- Saving / Loading Themes
- Automatically register missing shortcut entries in Registry
- Changed FileIO logics to Registry.
October 3, 2009
Kindly please donate some so?
and the complete Gratitude Lists
Guys when reporting an error
Kindly include this details:
Device Brand and Model
ROM, ROM Language, ROM Link
Error Message and Screenshots
What you did before the error shown.
THANKS TO ALL!!
JWMDIconChanger_v2.1b.CAB 1755 views)
JWMDIconChanger_v2.2b.CAB 1937 views)
JWMDIconChanger_v2.5b.CAB 3004 views)
JWMDIconChanger_v2.6b.CAB 21443 views)
JWMDIconChanger_v2.7c.CAB 23549 views)
JWMDIconChanger_v2.8b.CAB 10911 views)
JWMDIconChanger_v2.9b.CAB 5628 views)
JWMDIcon Changer_v2.10.CAB 1363 views)