Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] CyanogenMod - No, you can't have a pony (STABLE) [UPDATED 03/04 - v4.2.15.1]

OP cyanogen

1st January 2010, 08:33 PM   |  #10001  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 6

969 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffad

oh my god, G1 just crashed again while waking the phone up. Strangely the icon for Dialer had dissapeared aswell. what the hell is going on!

my G1 seems impossible to use, It acts like its bricked everytime it crashes! and it crashes everytime i wake the phone up after leaving it for 10-15mins! can't seem to fix it..

Bricked is an electronic device that has been damaged beyond repair. Your phone is not bricked. Do you know how to run logcat?
1st January 2010, 08:37 PM   |  #10002  
Jacksonville, Florida
Thanks Meter: 14,460

5,272 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffad

oh my god, G1 just crashed again while waking the phone up. Strangely the icon for Dialer had dissapeared aswell. what the hell is going on!

my G1 seems impossible to use, It acts like its bricked everytime it crashes! and it crashes everytime i wake the phone up after leaving it for 10-15mins! can't seem to fix it..

Maybe you should stick with the stock ROM, just saying. If not I suggest downloading 4.2.11.1 for a fresh ROM. Doing a wipe, then reinstall the HTC recovery image and Flash 4.2.11.1. Also do a ext repair and make sure you are using a ext3 partition. This should help.
1st January 2010, 08:42 PM   |  #10003  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

101 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbestcrayon

Bricked is an electronic device that has been damaged beyond repair. Your phone is not bricked. Do you know how to run logcat?

no, I dont know how to do run a logcat, but i did a quick google search and I have to run an app or something right? But I can't even turn my G1 on at the moment, and no charging lights...

btw, this issue just started happening. I never had a problem with CyanMod since v3 or something and I have been upgrading correctly..I'm also using ext 3 partition. hmm my G1 time is over?
Last edited by saffad; 1st January 2010 at 08:45 PM.
1st January 2010, 08:51 PM   |  #10004  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

101 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbestcrayon

My phone got bricked before when i tried Hero ROMs...T-Mobile changed the motherboard completely. butI think it is bricked now doesnt respond to any button combination presses, no charging lights...

edit: somehow the phone turned on after taking battery in and out a few times..i will attempt run logcat. I suspect the battery is at fault. Im gonna have to buy a new one.

here's my logcat its extremely long!! would appreciate if someone could have a look..
http://www.mediafire.com/?cmmezzfg0iv
Last edited by saffad; 1st January 2010 at 09:27 PM.
1st January 2010, 09:02 PM   |  #10005  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 0

156 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebaron

Try updating through recovery.

Ok, thanks for your feedback. How to flash via recovery. Can I just download the update.zip to SD and do a flash without wiping?

Will this keep my data and still update the system, that would be great..

Thanks for feedback!
1st January 2010, 10:21 PM   |  #10006  
Flag Ypsilanti
Thanks Meter: 68

1,390 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldavid77

I have been getting force closes on google talk when I try to get a message from the notification bar, it will force close once and then allow me to get the message the second time. It does this almost every single time.

This happened one or 2 updates ago I am now running 4.2.10.1.

I have completely wiped my phone, and wiped the SD card and it is still happening.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

I'm having the exact same problem. Has there been a solution to this? I checked the issue tracker and didn't see anything in there so I'm going to submit one.
1st January 2010, 10:47 PM   |  #10007  
Thanks Meter: 47

764 posts
Just a little feedback from using 4.2.11.1

1) phone becomes laggy for about 30 seconds after turning wifi on or off.

2) phone becomes unresponsive for about 30 seconds after installing apps in the market.

3) scrolling through the browser is slower.

4) overall performance of the phone is slower.

This is really the first time I've actually felt one of these roms lose performance. Running the rom with no theme, compcache enabled, advanced task manager to kill background apps, and have not ran a logcat.
1st January 2010, 11:17 PM   |  #10008  

4 posts
I upgraded from 4.2.9.1 to 4.2.11.1 and now I'm stuck on the G1 boot screen. I previously has the DarkStar theme installed. Any help on how I can try to restart my phone or do something to get me back in control?
1st January 2010, 11:24 PM   |  #10009  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 1

77 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGearMaster

I upgraded from 4.2.9.1 to 4.2.11.1 and now I'm stuck on the G1 boot screen. I previously has the DarkStar theme installed. Any help on how I can try to restart my phone or do something to get me back in control?

pull the battery out and start over.
1st January 2010, 11:28 PM   |  #10010  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityr

pull the battery out and start over.

Actually, I pressed Menu + Power + Call button and it restarted back to recovery mode. I'm reapplying CM now and see what happens.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 2.0, bfs302, bring us 2.0 eclair!!, cheese, cm5 is comming!, cyanogen, donut, for. the. win., gimme eclair!, jizz in my pants, little bit of eclair, m&s eclair right here!, mt3g, respect., straight g, teamdouche, the greatest, yum
Previous Thread Next Thread