[ROM] CyanogenMod - No, you can't have a pony (STABLE) [UPDATED 03/04 - v188.8.131.52]
Now that the dust has settled, it's time for a new CM build..
This is a heavily modified version of AOSP 1.6 without the proprietary bits (which will back up your proprietary bits and restore them after installing the ROM). In order to get up and running the first time, you'll need to follow some simple instructions. A great set of documentation has been put together by the community at the CyanogenMod Wiki
. Everything you need to know is there!
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
The Android devices we own come with many files that can't be redistributed legally, and as you all probably know, I can no longer include these with my ROMs. So, in order to get up and running, you'll need a compatible device with a compatible ROM.
Installation Guide @ CyanogenMod Wiki:
IF HTC Touch Input Force Closes: install file below =)
* UNIVERSAL! Runs on both Dream and Magic 32B
* Based on Android 1.6, many bugfixes and enhancements from AOSP, XDA, and me
* Custom art and wallpapers from Prash
* Highly optimized kernel with many extra modules
* Enhanced ramdisk which uses optimal mount options and smart startup
* Includes E2FSProgs for checking and converting Ext filesystems
* Apps2SD is automatic! All you need is a second partition (ext).
* Launcher with 5 screens and auto-orientation and compact drawer layout
* 360 degree auto-orientation thanks to Optedoblivion
* Clean filesystem shutdown at poweroff/reboot, and fsck at boot (no FS corruption!)
* Includes Amazon MP3 store, and Work Email (MS Exchange support)
* Does not require "DangerSPL"
* Includes a massive APN list
* Maximum CPU scaling frequency set to 528MHz with latency tweaks
* Various enhancements to the Settings app including extra partition space
* System dex cache moved to /cache to save 30mb on /data
* Phone app enhancements
* MMS enhancements
* FLAC audio support
thanks to kroot
* Bluetooth OBEX support from Erin Yueh
* Contacts app enhancements by ChainsDD and Wysie
* USB tethering support (kernel code ported by Zinx)
* Commandline extras: bash, lsof, powertop, htop, nano, busybox
* Ability to lock home app in memory (control in Spare Parts app)
* Eclair graphics, apps, and other guts
* Multitouch browser and gallery
* Music and DeskClock apps from Eclair
Code Repository on Github: http://github.com/cyanogen
Visit our new forum for all the latest updates and downloads!
Stop by #cyanogenmod on irc.freenode.net!