5,606,201 Members 33,729 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Profiles? Text messaging? How to do 'em right?

Tip us?

gregoryx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Profiles? Text messaging? How to do 'em right?

I've used Phone Alarm for profiles of sounds, radios, etc. Is there an option that works with the TF3D / Manila world?

It seems like there's some conflicts here - partially because Manila seems to have its own notifications of texts (and email?) that overlap the native stuff - so I get two sounds, which I can see in their respective areas in the registry. Trying to do increasing volume of additional alerts 30 seconds apart and such... no can do, right?

How to handle this elegantly?

Previously, I used Phone Alarm for profiles and Wisbar Advanced for application handling and menus. Much as I like the touch-y-ness of Manila, I'm missing the consistently controllable behavior of these.

What do folks do? Tolerate this? Replace Manila with SPB? or what?
Palm Pilot 5000 >> Palm Pilot III >> Palm V >> iPaq 3660 >> iPaq 1910 >> Samsung i730 >> Samsung i760 >> HTC Touch Pro2 >> Motorola Droid X >> Samsung Galaxy Nexus >> ???

crazyC
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I always dump Manila straight away, and use Mobileshell, Phone Alarm, and S2u2.
That is my basic GUI sorted.

gregoryx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I was afraid that was the answer.
I was using Ultimate Launch to get the multiple screens.
TF3D is so pretty... I hate the idea of going back to what I had just to get the basic stuff to work right.

Anyone else with other answers?
Palm Pilot 5000 >> Palm Pilot III >> Palm V >> iPaq 3660 >> iPaq 1910 >> Samsung i730 >> Samsung i760 >> HTC Touch Pro2 >> Motorola Droid X >> Samsung Galaxy Nexus >> ???