FORUMS

3D Printable Mobile Microscope? Nexus 7 Discontinued – XDA TV

The Nexus 7 2013 has been discontinued on the Google Store! That and … more

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Whats the extent of Nandroid?

7th October 2009, 08:03 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Highbridge
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Sorry if I sound like a noob but this has been bothering me.
I'm currently running cyan 1.6 after running multiple Hero Roms. With all the new roms being released I want to try them all but I don't know exactly how much nandroid can restore.

Any new rom we have to wipe EXT2/3 where all my apps are stored so does nandroid also back this up and restore or is it just system settings?

Thanks
 
 
7th October 2009, 08:23 PM |#2  
supremeteam256's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag www.androidoverdrive.com
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFXLEWIS

Sorry if I sound like a noob but this has been bothering me.
I'm currently running cyan 1.6 after running multiple Hero Roms. With all the new roms being released I want to try them all but I don't know exactly how much nandroid can restore.

Any new rom we have to wipe EXT2/3 where all my apps are stored so does nandroid also back this up and restore or is it just system settings?

Thanks

Nandroid won't back up your apps. It backs up data and settings. You can just back up all your apps to have them on hand so when you wipe your ext partition you still have them.
7th October 2009, 08:23 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 164
 
Donate to Me
More
if you want to back up your ext3 then look for either BART of switchrom in the dev section, a nandroid by itself though doesn't restore the ext3 since it only backs up the phone.
7th October 2009, 08:25 PM |#4  
supremeteam256's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag www.androidoverdrive.com
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by david1171

if you want to back up your ext3 then look for either BART of switchrom in the dev section, a nandroid by itself though doesn't restore the ext3 since it only backs up the phone.

Beat you to the punch david.
7th October 2009, 08:28 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 164
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeteam256

Beat you to the punch david.

you didn't tell him what to look for though
7th October 2009, 08:30 PM |#6  
supremeteam256's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag www.androidoverdrive.com
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by david1171

you didn't tell him what to look for though

But he didn't ask for that. You are not coloring within the lines.
7th October 2009, 09:13 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 164
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeteam256

But he didn't ask for that. You are not coloring within the lines.

you are not thinking outside of the box
7th October 2009, 09:18 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Queens
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFXLEWIS

Sorry if I sound like a noob but this has been bothering me.
I'm currently running cyan 1.6 after running multiple Hero Roms. With all the new roms being released I want to try them all but I don't know exactly how much nandroid can restore.

Any new rom we have to wipe EXT2/3 where all my apps are stored so does nandroid also back this up and restore or is it just system settings?

Thanks

Everything except things on your sd
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes